Most enjoyable GF you've seen not involving your team?

Remove this Banner Ad

2006, just because it was so close.

2003, - Collingwood were favorites after beatinbg brisbane in the QF, but seeing them get absolutley REAMED in the GF was a pleasure.

2001 Essendon vs Brisbane for me. Vossy that day was terrific and the standard of play was very high. This years was very good as well.

Spent most of the 2004, 5, 6 and 7 Grand finals drunk so can't rate them that hightly.

I don't see what was so good about the 1989 GF. Geelong were never really in it. Maybe you had to be around at the time.

I thought the 2002 GF was pretty good.

like most western australians at that time they hadn't embraced the VFL as they were still the whipping boys.

2005 was the best of the recent GF the bloods first in 80 years or so was a great day

1989 was my first Grand Final so always holds a special Spot.

The first half of this years was the best I had seen standard wise.

I can't take to 05 and 06 though as memorable. Scoreboard was close but way too defensive to be on my highest list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney's win against the Eagles with Leo Barry's mark. :thumbsu:

Every neutral supporter and Swans fan went ape shit when Barry took that mark. :)

I love you :p

But seriously I think the best three gfs were

Brisbane taking it right up to Essendon out running them in the second half. IN a underdog story.

Absolute classic Brisbane holding on in a tight finish no knock off Collingwood by 9

Stuart Dew and the hawthorn underdog story playing the best team in the League there biggest hope in Lance Buddy Franklin only kicked 2 goals (both beauties from outside 50) and had a very good even performance (except Mitchell's first half but he turned it around 2nd half) whilst Geelong had a great midfield performance by Gary Ablett Jnr but in the end it was the team who triumphed over the individuals in a great game of footy to watch.

I nearly died Every time Dew got the ball god bless him and that raking left foot kick of his.

I don't see what was so good about the 1989 GF. Geelong were never really in it. Maybe you had to be around at the time.

I agree, a great tough start with some fantastic moments but I thought that this years was the best I have seen. The most genuine, tough contest I have seen, shading the 05 and 06 GF's.
Plus we got to see that mug Scarlett shown up, lol.

2008 grand final was awesome. Hawks executed their game plan perfectly, with Hodge, Bateman and Dew inspirational. Biggest underdog Grand Final win ive seen.

For me this year had it all. Great game between two fierce rivals with history and it was a tough game. It had everything you want in a Grand Final (except a massive all in brawl).

Remove this Banner Ad

Most enjoyable GF you've seen not involving your team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back