Most enjoyable GF you've seen not involving your team?

Remove this Banner Ad

1989 - best game ever.

2008 - seriously what a game, geelong thought they had it in the bag :D

2002 - exciting

2005/2006 - good not great.

the rest are boring im sure the winners fans loved it but seriously one sided crap. Except 1997 of course that just hurts. Clearly the best team of the year lost that day...:(

2007 was hilarious and easily gets my vote. Although "team playing Port" is my second favourite team, so probably doesn't count.

Im surprised it took 32 posts for a Crows fan to come up with this.

My favourite is 2005 Swans win :thumbsu: although it was soured by post match media and player references to the Bloods :thumbsdown:

1989 - best game ever.

2008 - seriously what a game, geelong thought they had it in the bag :D

2002 - exciting

2005/2006 - good not great.

the rest are boring im sure the winners fans loved it but seriously one sided crap. Except 1997 of course that just hurts. Clearly the best team of the year lost that day...:(

1997 - seriously what a game, st kilda thought they had it in the bag :D!!

Probably been done before but I'm curious to know.

Mine is the 89' Hawks / Cats.

That is mine also but since I can't pick my own side I'd say my next favourite was probably 2002 Lions v Pies, The Swans Eagles games were boring but they were exciting at the end when they got close.

This one.

lica_mick,0.jpg

No doubt the 2006 grand final between the Eagles and the Swans,when the eagles got up by a point.
What a classic !
Can't get it any closer than that,and who knows with another 30 seconds on the clock the swans could have gone back to back.

2006. it was a better game than 2005.

1989. a real tough and brutal battle. dipper you legend. no one seems to remember what happened to him. all people talk about is dermie

I'm surprised Dipper doesn't have one of those Toyota adds yet. Bruns and Hocking in headlocks under each arm pit - there is a place you wouldn't want to be!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2002 - probably helped by the fact i went over to watch the game with my lions supporting brother. First time at a GF, great game, collingwood supporters in tears - doesn't get much better unless your team is involved :)

Saying that - was at the 05 and 06 grand finals too. I certainly know how to pick the close ones :p

Not counting the Eagles' GFs, my favourites of recent times would be 2002/2003 Brisbane vs Collingwood, and 2008 Hawthorn vs Geelong.

2002 was a very close game, and close games always produce excellent GFs (read 2006 :D.) Well, almost always (read 2005 :thumbsdown:.)

2003 was the first GF I went to, and its always nice to see the Pies capitulate. Brisbane put in a stunning performance that day.

2008 was an absolute blinder of a match. The hunger and intensity the Hawks showed for the full 4 quarters was unlike anything I'd seen for a while, and it was a pleasure to watch...and re-watch.

'89 I never thought was as good as its cracked up to be, Geelong never looked like winning the game, but I guess it did have its fair share of drama. I only wish it went for another 5 minutes, that would really have been something to see. Grand Finals have tended to be rather limp affairs, we have been spoilt in recent years compared to what was dished up during the nineties, when rarely was a game even looking like being in the balance at 3/4 time. 2002 and 2003 were fun to watch.

2006 - Brilliant Eagles footy display with Sydney coming back, just to fall short.
2008 - Hawks third quarter was amazing, remisnicent of the 2001 GF by the Lions, hardness shown by all their players was inspiring and this showed even in the PF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most enjoyable GF you've seen not involving your team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back