Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think bontempelli is up there with judd Buckley Voss ablett’s as a generational player??

You weren't asking me, but yes.

The best player in the 100 year history of his football club.

Still plenty of his career left to play as well.

Cleansweep17 PhatBoy I don't think this is the place to be talking about women. Please stick to the topic. Insult each other through private conversation if you want. Can you two at least agree that Aaron Naughton and Tim English are overrated?
Still think Naughton could be one of the best defenders in the comp if he played there all season.

He's a good mark forward, but that's about it.

I think if anything Bont is a victim of his own success IMO.

He was so good at such a young age that it had people thinking he was going to win 3+ Brownlows, and be this generations Matthews, Ablett, Carey, Franklin, or Ablett JNR.

He's a superstar, and will go down as an all time great...but nobody can live up to that kind of hype. It's not his fault at all, he's held up his end of the bargain.

It's only going to get worse as footy gets more and more like TMZ with the media coverage. We're seeing it in real time with Daicos now.

Clickbait sporting articles and 'hot takes' are quickly making their way from an American concept to now being common here, and Bont was just unlucky enough to begin playing as this rubbish began seeping into our game.
Exactly why I feel for Harley Reid. He has no chance of living up to the press. Would have to win 7 Brownlows and 9 Premierships.

It's insane over here. The whole back page of the West yesterday was him lying on a bed literally doing nothing. Even after all the Nic Nat stuff, I've never seen anything remotely like it...and Nic Nat was HUGE

Gonna have to put Ugle-Hagan at the top of this list I'm afraid.

Let me start by saying he's not a 'bad' player.

And I'm not using the term 'overrated' in the sense that I reckon he's no good.

I'm using the term in its literal sense, which I presume is the intention of this thread.

I've heard the word 'superstar' used three times now in the past week or so when describing him.

Superstar FFS!!??

The guy plays 3rd tall. The easiest position in football. Even easier when the number 1 tall is Aaron Naughton.

Yet I don't think he's the in the Top 40 in the comp in any stat except for Marks Inside 50.

Right now he's a handy medium sized forward. Handy 3rd tall.

This superstar talk is just bizarre to be honest.
To be fair Like Darcy calls everyone a "superstar".

Dogs have about ten of them apparently..yet the team is shit and can't make finals.

Last edited:
Easily bontempelli.

He is a very good player. But he is not a generational superstar talent. Has not reached this level he was supposedly going to from a young age.

Ridiculous post. A moderator should be assigned to review your posts before they are put up.

Gonna have to put Ugle-Hagan at the top of this list I'm afraid.

Let me start by saying he's not a 'bad' player.

And I'm not using the term 'overrated' in the sense that I reckon he's no good.

I'm using the term in its literal sense, which I presume is the intention of this thread.

I've heard the word 'superstar' used three times now in the past week or so when describing him.

Superstar FFS!!??

The guy plays 3rd tall. The easiest position in football. Even easier when the number 1 tall is Aaron Naughton.

Yet I don't think he's the in the Top 40 in the comp in any stat except for Marks Inside 50.

Right now he's a handy medium sized forward. Handy 3rd tall.

This superstar talk is just bizarre to be honest.

He plays as the number 1 KPF mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has Stringer been going this year? Was impressive last night, the only Essendon game I've seen this season, but prior to that he seems to disappear a lot/is inconsistent.

How has Stringer been going this year? Was impressive last night, the only Essendon game I've seen this season, but prior to that he seems to disappear a lot/is inconsistent.
He's pretty much a known quantity. He won them the Saints game. He's hot and cold. A few burts. Goes missing.

It's a contract year so he will kick his 40 goals this season and get himself another two year deal.

Is that how you judge who the number 1 KPF is? I think your method be flawed.
Of course it is.

The number 1 hey forward gets the number 1 defender.

The 2nd best gets the second best defender.

Ugle-Hagan gets the added luxury of his defender either switching to English or Darcy when they go forward.

When the best defender starts going to you - you're the number 1 key forward.

When McKay, Sam Taylor, Weitering, Moore, Andrews, May etc. start going to him instead of Naughton, then we'll start to get a gauge of his ability.

But there's a reason teams don't send their best defenders to him.

Harrison Petty is up in the top 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back