Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of rucks, your boy Meek is VERY underrated

He's starting to get some love in the media. Cornes and King are pretty big fans of him.

Meek Mondays will catch on eventually.

He's starting to get some love in the media. Cornes and King are pretty big fans of him.

Meek Mondays will catch on eventually.
Yeah that’s true, he’s a big lump of a lad and I had preferred him to Darcy given his mobility in comparison

Bargain pickup

Agreed. My concern with Daicos would be that he's going to wind up stagnating by not working on his craft due to the immense amount of cockriding he's been receiving from the media since his debut. On Friday he would have had the most impotent 20-disposal half I've seen in some time.
lol
He is a 21 year old who has gone from a loose backman to a tagged backman to a outside mid to a contested beast inside mid in 2 and a half years. He is the smartest footballer in the league already and you can see him working through all the speed humps put in front of him.
He would be the last person to listen to the media#

And for those George Wardlaw haters, he will be one of the best 3 midfielders in the league when he gets a tank. Absolute star

lol
He is a 21 year old who has gone from a loose backman to a tagged backman to a outside mid to a contested beast inside mid in 2 and a half years. He is the smartest footballer in the league already and you can see him working through all the speed humps put in front of him.

And for those George Wardlaw haters, he will be one of the best 3 midfielders in the league when he gets a tank. Absolute star
Anyone saying Wardlaw, I’m convinced hasn’t watched him play. Absolute jet. Defensively accountable, great in the contest, burst of speed and brilliant decision making. Clayton Oliver-like without the bad kicking and the off field problems.

Has the potential to be a top 3 mid in the comp no doubt.

George Wardlaw.
janty I think this board should be restricted to players who are into their 3rd season. You can then get to see if they are the real deal, or just another promising young kid who has not kicked on.

With multiple hamstring issues coming into last year, the physio team at North have conservatively eased him into 22 games (8 in 2023) and (14 in 2024) while trying to build up his tank to lift his TOG. He only has one gear in a game, and it’s flat out. Possibly the same at training where he was concussed and out for 2 weeks. First game back before running into a white hot Swans midfield on the weekend on their deck.

Bookies have him as the RS favorite, so he has some love there with Reid and Darcy not eligible. Nth fans love his desperation and attack on the ball. His ground kicking can be inconsistent at times. A perfect 40 meter dart, can be followed up with a 20 meter finger breaking shank.

Massive ceiling and at 22 games in is tracking OK at this stage of his career. Watch the Collingwood game a few weeks ago. The boy can play.

janty I think this board should be restricted to players who are into their 3rd season. You can then get to see if they are the real deal, or just another promising young kid who has not kicked on.

With multiple hamstring issues coming into last year, the physio team at North have conservatively eased him into 22 games (8 in 2023) and (14 in 2024) while trying to build up his tank to lift his TOG. He only has one gear in a game, and it’s flat out. Possibly the same at training where he was concussed and out for 2 weeks. First game back before running into a white hot Swans midfield on the weekend on their deck.

Bookies have him as the RS favorite, so he has some love there with Reid and Darcy not eligible. Nth fans love his desperation and attack on the ball. His ground kicking can be inconsistent at times. A perfect 40 meter dart, can be followed up with a 20 meter finger breaking shank.

Massive ceiling and at 22 games in is tracking OK at this stage of his career. Watch the Collingwood game a few weeks ago. The boy can play.
In all due respect we can call whomever we want overrated

That posters opinion is dumb but let’s not moderate this place to death lol

Just beat the bad opinions with your own valid arguments or ignore them

Rachele. Having a horrible year and squibbing contests left and right, yet wants more midfield time.

Poor man's Chad Wingard (prime, dual-AA Wingard, not current 2024 Wingard).
Also his 'goal song' is the height of cringe, given he's the opposite of a fighter.....(Rocky theme song, for those that don't know)

lol

"Contested beast" cleatly can have multiple meanings...

"Contested stat gatherer" is a more appropriate description.

"Contested beast" cleatly can have multiple meanings...

"Contested stat gatherer" is a more appropriate description.
At his best he gets to the outside differently to anyone I’ve ever seen, but he can look a bit silly at times

He’s a jet though, I do love watching him - just not when:
A) Carlton play the Pies
B) BT is losing it over something not particularly impressive

Jason Horne Francis. Definition of a downhill skier

Why do north fans keep embarrassing themselves?

let it go GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Daicos is a very good footballer and also the most overrated footballer in the league.
Im not sure he is over rated as such but maybe over hyped. Most people get that he is in the best few players in the comp at a crazy young age. But just get sick of the way the commentators go over the top about him. Its not just a Daicos thing though. They do it to most of the best and brightest stars

Im not sure he is over rated as such but maybe over hyped. Most people get that he is in the best few players in the comp at a crazy young age. But just get sick of the way the commentators go over the top about him. Its not just a Daicos thing though. They do it to most of the best and brightest stars
What annoys me, is the fact that some of these tossers in the media go on and on to the point, that they put him up in lights to be shot down.
The kid just wants to play football. He is good at it, so just let him play.

It is the downside of playing for Collingwood.

Like him as a player (his gut-running is elite), but Sam Walsh is a horrendous kick of the footy for somebody who gets so much outside ball (17 uncontested possessions per game, 12 contested).

1000016430.jpg

Like him as a player (his gut-running is elite), but Sam Walsh is a horrendous kick of the footy for somebody who gets so much outside ball (17 uncontested possessions per game, 12 contested).

View attachment 2049264
Been deplorable this year in particular, reminds me of his kicking in his first year

Weird thing is he can seriously hit them at times too, reckon he tries to kick it too hard at times

Nick Daicos is a very good footballer and also the most overrated footballer in the league.
We're playing a mock draft on the draft board of players this century. 2 rounds in and Daicos still hasn't been picked up. And yet he's the "GOAT"

FYI: I picked Charlie Curnow for Fremantle, and then Brendon Goddard.

Not enough love for Shai Bolton in this thread.

In a good side will look and play like the GOAT. In a rebuilding side is not worth much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back