Most Talented Brothers in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

scott is gonna be a gun, adam is underrated, very consistent and troy is allright. Joel, as we know, is a star. In 4 years, the mortons will be winning followed by the browns and the selwoods

Heres my Top 10

1 k Cornes and C Cornes
2 Shaun Burgoyne and Peter Burgoyne
3 J.Selwood, A.Selwood, T.Selwood and S.Selwood
4 Jarrod McVeigh and Mark McVeigh
5 Travis Cloke and Cameron Cloke
6 Luke Power and Sam Power
7Heath Shaw and Reece Shaw
8 Aaron.Davey and Alwyn.Davey
9 Cale Morton and Mitch Morton
10 Tom LOnergan and Sam Lonergan
10 Daniel Motlop and Marlon Motlop
10 Nathan Brown Coll and Mitch Brown

What r your thoughts, clearly cornes and the burgoynes r the best but from third till seven it was hard.

Pretty sure they are cousins, did you do any research? or just throw matching names together.

Pretty sure they are cousins, did you do any research? or just throw matching names together.

They are cousins. Daniel is the younger brother of Shannon, who played 54 games for the Kangas and 10 for the Demons before leaving the AFL system, currently plays for North Adelaide in the SANFL. There is another younger brother Steven, who has been touted as a second or third round draft pick for the Power this year.

Heres my Top 10

1 k Cornes and C Cornes

What r your thoughts, clearly cornes and the burgoynes r the best but from third till seven it was hard.

Your kidding me arent you?

cameron Cloke is a spud.........

what about Sam Fisher and Leigh Fisher?
I rate those 2 far more than the Cloke Boys.

The Carr brothers?
The Mcveighs?

Heres my Top 10

1 k Cornes and C Cornes

To begin with the Motlops at Port aren't Brothers.They are first cousins.
Shannon formerly of North is Daniels Brother.Another Motlop in the draft is another cousin again.
Both Aaron Davey and Alwyn should be up the list further because they are both very good players.
Apart from the Cornes and Burgoyne Brothers who are all great players in their own right(although Peter had a bad year).
Most others on the list have one Brother that is a quality player and the other is ok but not good.

They are cousins. Daniel is the younger brother of Shannon, who played 54 games for the Kangas and 10 for the Demons before leaving the AFL system, currently plays for North Adelaide in the SANFL. There is another younger brother Steven, who has been touted as a second or third round draft pick for the Power this year.
Steven is another cousin again.
There are many Motlops in Darwin and 2 are currently coaching NTFL sides.One at Nightcliff and one at Wanderers if I read correctly in the NT news this week.
There is another Female Cousin Bo De Lacruz who plays for the Australian Womens touch football team.Not a bad looker either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres my Top 10

1 k Cornes and C Cornes

The top 4 are good - some may argue with the order but overall talent wise they are a good top 4.
The McVeighs both had good years - Mark missed alot of footy and still polled well.
I wouldnt have The Clokes 5th - (cam brings them down the order) - this is the same with The Shaws (rhyce).
Aaron and Alwyn davey could push the top 4 - they are awesome talents with great skills and speed.
The bolter IMO will be the Brown brothers both KPP.

Garry Ablett SNR, Geoff Ablett, Kevin Ablett. We have all heard of the former. Geoff was also a star. Kevin played only 22 games at Hawthorn from 1978-'80 but was a very talented player. (Bit like Nathan).

Geoff Ablett

Older brother of Gary

Born: May 5, 1955
Height: 180cm.
Weight: 86.5kg.

Recruited from Drouin in 1973, Geoff started with Hawthorn as a long-kicking centreman, but played his best football on the wing, drifting into the forward-line where his long goals on the run were a highlight.

Geoff won the VFL's "Fastest Man In Boots" competition for three years in a row in the early 1980's.

A most talented player, Geoff played on the wing in two Hawthorn premierships, 1976 and 1978.

Ryan Ablett is Geoffs' son, cousin of Luke Ablett who is son of Kevin.

The thread u have titled with is most "Talented".

It is stupid to think thats the Cornes' are the most talented. They are far from it.

your probably right that the Cornes' brothersa re not the most talented on that list but they are easily the best performed, which is a credit to the two of them.

there are a number of player son that list who don't even go close to fulfilling their potential.

The Westhoffs?

ROFLMAO :D . Justin is a one year wonder (I rate his ability but if he never puts on weight he'll be delisted in 2 years) and Matthew has shown SFA.

The Westhoffs?

ROFLMAO :D . Justin is a one year wonder (I rate his ability but if he never puts on weight he'll be delisted in 2 years) and Matthew has shown SFA.

And who the hell are you mate!

Would you like me to express this thoroughly so you get it...or will you just let it drop???

You just wait mate.

Their better than your whole team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Talented Brothers in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back