Most Useless AFL players to EVER get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Crawford

For Geelong, Scott Bamford. I bagged this guy when he played for Fitzroy, l bagged him when he played at Brisbane and just because he put on a Geelong jumper it didn't stop me bagging him when he was at Geelong.

Brentshanepeteraaronnickleighdavidalistair
"Dud"
Grgicclaytonstreetbourkehennemanbrockmanloatsnicholson

With those powers combined they would surely be the worst player to put on an AFL jumper...EVER!!!

They all contribute in their own special ways.

Nick Pesch was almost as bad as all these hacks combined.

Michael Laffy.

A dog ran onto the ground during a game in the late 80's and Richmond fans in the crowd were yelling to leave it on and take Laffy off.

Being a long term Brisbane supporter, and having almost erased the early days of the Bears from my memory (many fond memoroes from 1995 & 1996). But for the purpose of this thread, here is a list of absolute champions that represented the great now defunct club (little wonder with the following players) mostly during the period of AFL history known as "The Carrara Days"

Kevin Caton
Ian Kidgill
Jason Millar (made Steve Lawrence look like an angel as well)
Simon Luhrs
Alan Giffard
Rudi Frigo
Adam Garton
Simon Hose
Neil Gaghan
David Ogg
Shane Strempel (should have given himself an uppercut)
Rick Norman
Stuart Glascott

Now I am sorry if anyone rated any of these guys, but lets be fair, if you could not secure a regular position in the Bears team in those early days, well, maybe you needed to look for a different job.

Saints:

Fred Campbell
Sean Charles
Tim Elliot
Jason Daniels

Blues:
Davenport
Mguane
Mansfeild
Oreilly
Martin

This list goes on!!!
Could do many more teams

Saintsation23 said:
Saints:

Fred Campbell
Sean Charles
Tim Elliot
Jason Daniels

Blues:
Davenport
Mguane
Mansfeild
Oreilly
Martin

This list goes on!!!
Could do many more teams

All second handers too for the blues! Is there a theme emerging here? I'd like to add Mark Athorpe for Carlton, Luke Goddard who used to play back pocket for Collingwood (ex West Adelaide).

over 5 pages and no one has mentioned steven handley?

was absolutely useless!!!

the geelong football league gets a fair few ex afl players, but handley couldnt even get a kick in the gfl!!! grgic was useless in the afl but at least he can get a touch in a local league...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times are we gonna get this thread, you'll see next week

'Worst AFL Player' it'll be different though. There will be a twist in it....somewhere.

Let me introduce Mark Murray to Big Footy.
This is the first time I have seen his name mentioned on this website.
Murray played three games with North Melbourne in the early 90s.
Recruited from West Adelaide.

To be honest, I don't remember him playing.
But having played with him since his AFL days - I know how much of a dud he was.
Couldn't get a kick in the Riverland Football League.

I have some really good 'Munga' Murray stories too. I'll save them for the next time his name comes up.

Any player who got a game of AFL is doing better than I am.

That said, Benny Kinnear was pretty bad.

I can't believe someone put McGuane. He only won 2 Copelands and 3 or 4 Victorian selecions. Oh and a flag in there somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Useless AFL players to EVER get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back