Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sleepy
Good Night Stars GIF by Sesame Street

Headless if Wosh says I'm sleeping and not paying attention to the B&F that is a lie

I might be cooking dinner when it starts though and checking on my phone while trying not to burn things
Ah, you're living in my world.

Mrs m hasn't decided what she wants for dinner, so I might be preoccupied for a while.

Ah, you're living in my world.

Mrs m hasn't decided what she wants for dinner, so I might be preoccupied for a while.
Ms S is out, so instead of cooking, I'm going down the frozen pizza route :embarrassedv1:

1000015769.jpg

I have arrived but am lost in the car park and believe I will find my way to the event proper in about 45 mins. Just putting mini-c2r to bed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deestroy Medal - welcome.png

Greetings, all, and welcome to the Mount Buller Demons’ Season 37 Best & Fairest. 🥳

Captained by our fearless leader manangatang, we had a mixed season: 10th on the ladder (but a genuine finals threat until the final quarter of the final game of the home and away season), but once again the BEST posting unit in the whole of Sweet. :cool:

As is tradition, we will be presenting a number of awards to celebrate the season:

• cats2rise Medal, to the leading goal-kicker of the season.
  • Best Defender Award, to the defensive player who has contributed most considerably through the season.
  • Coaches’ Award, first awarded in Season 8, to the player deemed to have gone above and beyond to demonstrate our club values.
  • Poster of the Year, to a wonderful match-thread poster.
  • Eth Award - the players’ player, voted by the playing list - to the player deemed to have contributed most in Season 37.
  • And the Deestroy Medal, celebrating our best and fairest player this season.

With no rookies in Season 37, we’ll reserve the prestigious Deaneus! Award for the best rookie of the season for Season 38 - and, as always, we remember our friend Deaneus! and their contributions to this community.

A big thank you to the entire leadership group for assisting with the presentation (and for their work generally throughout the season), and a huge thank you to the entire playing list for their contributions through Season 37.

Let’s go! :fire:

Oddhawk Proper Gander Heardy_101 sante moginie DemonJim Yakker Wosh manangatang Quivorir cooney Van_Dyke sausageroll cartwright cats2rise PMBangers Johnny Karate Azarole Bluelegs Hate Marlowe DERO jmoo wan Scythe94 Gralin Truetiger

NOTE: Please understand that there WILL be errors. PLEASE don't make me feel TOO silly about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were sad to lose club stalwart Tarkyn_24 in the off-season to the hawkie walkie woozies. Having been at the club for a very long time and given Tarks’ excellence on and off field, this was a blow - but we look forward to Tarks’ triumphant return home soon. :heart: :blueheart:

S37 milestones.png

But we also celebrated some special milestones and moments.

We were absolutely stoked to nab Truetiger from the Wonders. Truetriger has contributed strongly throughout the season, and was one of 16 players to play all 16 home and away games. TT fit in right from the word go. We love playing with you, Truetiger, and look forward to even bigger and better things in Season 38!

Truetiger, along with the huge Season 36 acquisitions of Gralin (rookie) and Scythe94 (saved from the Furies), has helped rejuvenate our list. Thank you and well done to all three of you.

This season, we saw some big milestone games. Amongst others, highlights included:

👏

Thank you - snags.png

I’d also like to acknowledge and send a big thank you to our dear friend sausageroll, who has consistently produced the most beautiful statistics and write-ups this season, round by round. :love: The review posts will form a large part of the B&F tonight. Thank you, snags - the stats are the best in the league, and we really appreciate the week-to-week efforts!

Gralin kindly produced the round introductions, which are also wonderful and glorious. Gralin has been a terrific presence in the leadership group this season - always willing to go above and beyond. Thank you, Gralin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

Back