Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone fill me in about what's gone down here? No pun intended.
Gws players may or may not have worn some outfits. Toby Greene copped a 20k fine for some bullshit reason.

AFL needs a money boost for their end of year junket.

Toby Greene shouldn't cop a fine for inaction

If anything he should be applauded as a hero, he had the opportunity to do some Karate Kid role play, dress up as Daniel LaRusso and launch karate kicks at everyone. But he behaved!

The difference is the unilateral nature of the response. If someone wants to take offence to something they can bring it to my attention, I may be persuaded and apologise, "it wasn't my intention to offend you, im sorry". Or they may not persuade me and I can tell them to **** off. Hell as you say someone may even hit you, at least you can respond to that, hit them back or respond in another way.

The difference is the AFL can just wave a magic wand, fine you with no notice of the offence you've committed, no fair and reasonable establishment of the offence and with no right of appeal.
So you're not upset about there being consequences for saying stuff that pisses people off?
But you are unhappy with the AFL's processes for when this happens?

Well derr..the AFL is a total shitshow with all of its processes.

But having said that, didn't the AFL investigate, hand down their punishments, and are now allowing the players to respond?

9/11 jokes in the 90's???
friends telling GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This situation reminded me…
couple years ago at work I was serving a regular customer and he started asking me something about bra sizes (I suspect this man was perhaps an adult virgin)… I said I didn’t know anything about them but my girlfriend told me if I had to wear a bra I’d be a AA cup.
The next customer in line was asking why we didn’t stock many things by lesbian authors…

The next day we get a google review complaining that a staff member (me) was talking about inappropriate things regarding women’s bodies.

Moral of the story, some people are insanely easy to offend and believe you should be punished for offending them.

That is not to say there is not things that should not be called out. If I hear someone use a racial slur, or express views aligning with nazism, I generally feel quite offended … but that is a step further than a stupid joke and pretending to have sex with a blow up doll. That is what I would call rowdy behaviour which is pretty common at mad Monday type events. Maybe don’t work at a pub if you can’t stand rowdy behaviour? Like I mentioned earlier, I have a mate that works at a night club that every so often hosts gay orgies - staff are told about the event prior and know it’s part of the job, they aren’t exactly going to complain about having to watch 700 dudes going at it when they know what they signed up for.
20 years ago we wouldnt think twice about things we said. Today. Well lets say Im talking to someone at work, espexially if its a woman. Im thinking multiple situations about how what I am thinking about saying could be interpreted. In the end I say nothing or remain incredibly terse. Even the most innocupus commemts can land you in HR

Strange times indeed.

Have the afl been waiting for an incident on mad monday so they can kill it?

Nope, they're too incompetent for that.

Toby Greene can't get a free kick if he paid for one, yet the afl are happy to ping him for not being involved.

Talk about Toby Tax...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back