Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah trying to work out how Whitfield goes as a slave owner and gets away with a fine

Let’s be real here why couldn’t they all just get fines and “suspended” match bans. I get the PR side but do we need players suspended as it is players get banned for making a tackle these days

I'm not sure if he was wearing the company tie when he 'got intimate' with this lady. But even if he was I don't believe he was representing his employer at any stage in the proceedings. Same as the GWS boys were not representing their club when doing silly stuff at a private party.

Staff at venues for buck's nights, Wacky Wednesdays and alternative comedy nights should expect to see and hear things you wouldn't get while working at a local coffee shop. If you don't accept that is part of the job then don't sign up and complain after.

The most perverse thing I have seen was a modern Burlesque performance. It was private as in you needed a ticket to get in. But according to some in this thread it was public because it required it to be staffed.
A whacky Wednesday is effectively just an end of year function. It shouldn’t require staff to sit through rapejoke skits performed by 20yo non comedians

I agree with you to an extent on the ethics of satire in general, but it's the suspension I can most clearly understand from the AFL's perspective.

I think we can underestimate the level of social responsibility the country's biggest sporting league has. It might not stop one or all wife beaters, but it raises awareness for society as a whole. I remember in high school some cement head flog couldn't get his head around some guy going to jail for punching someone, and his mate saying 'aww nah it was a coward punch, they're trying to get rid of those!'.
Why is it the job of a Private Sporting Competition to raise 'awareness'? They are there to Entertain
There is a reason why the UFC is like the fastest growing Sport on TV etc..... because you can watch the event & not be bombarded every fight with empty virtue signaling

do they? Josh fahey and Riccardi thinks its worth making a joke about.
So you've never joked about anything?

If you held yourself to the same standard you project onto the internet that would be something.

But I guarantee you've joked about something someone would find offensive, and I suspect you're actually not as good a person as you project yourself to be.

If you held yourself to the same standard you project onto the internet that would be something.

But I guarantee you've joked about something someone would find offensive, and I suspect you're actually not as good a person as you project yourself to be.

Time and place for everything really.

I really don't get how people here don't understand why a public venue (and yes, it is a public venue no matter how private the function was) would not want that sort of role play on their premises.

I personally don't care about what they joked about or wore, but if they are out in public, as well known footballers and dressing or acting in controversial aways, they are opening themselves up to trouble. They should know the risks involved, but hey, footballers aren't the smartest bunch.

Never said I was a saint, but I'm not the one suggesting 'everyone knows violence against women is wrong'.

Back in my day if you wanted to have a sick one you'd get on the gear, throw a few shapes at the disco, chat up some ladies, Revolver nightclub for 16 hours, or just smash a hundred tinnies in a back yard.

Dressing up and acting out movie scenes sounds like some lame shit I have to sit through my kids doing.

Condone, no.

Make light of it shows you don't take it seriously enough.
I think Repeat Rapists & Child Sexual Abusers should be given the Death Penalty. I also think FALSLEY accusing someone of Rape should also face jail time. I also think violating another Individuals Rights should be a serious Criminal Offence.

You Happy with that Little Snowflake?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it the job of a Private Sporting Competition to raise 'awareness'? They are there to Entertain
There is a reason why the UFC is like the fastest growing Sport on TV etc..... because you can watch the event & not be bombarded every fight with empty virtue signaling
Because it is the most widely consumed entertainment medium of the people that commit 95% of all of society's violent crime (men under 60)

FWIW, I've worked at a venue that Carr has held shows at, and staff are notified beforehand of potentially offensive content and can withdraw their availability for the event if they want. (And same for any similar events.)

I suspect this is commonplace.
It is Commonplace, but the perpetually offended Karen's don't care

I just showed Tom Morris tweet to my 70yr old Mum, who was a bit of a Karen during Covid.
She said to me, 'Wait what? how is that worthy of a fine, let a lone a match suspension'
If I showed my Mum a tweet penned by Tom Morris she wouldn’t be so concerned about the content of it, but, she’d give Morris a solid serving. She’s never forgiven him over his potty mouth…..

FWIW, I've worked at a venue that Carr has held shows at, and staff are notified beforehand of potentially offensive content and can withdraw their availability for the event if they want. (And same for any similar events.)

I suspect this is commonplace.

A pub I go to from time to time sometimes has lingerie staff and sometimes topless.

I assume all staff get to choose if they work those shifts.

Swanny the voice of reason. If the AFL are going to town on the GWS team. It shows how hypocritical they are as Geelong should have been fined many times over the years for many of the same antics.

Dillon and Kane are about as useful to the AFL, as Donald Trump at a pro womens rights conference.

Didn't Dane Swan and his mates beat up a cleaner in 2003 and received no jailtime for it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back