Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Get upset over whatever you want.

Doesn't mean anyone else has to give a toss about why or what you're upset over.
I think many people see care and consideration for others as being a part of a civil society.

I think many people see care and consideration for others as being a part of a civil society.
Depends on if that person is also part of the same social contract. Of course no one would want to upset others, but there is a level to what hurting someone's feelings generates as a social punishment in response. Would you execute someone for upsetting someone? Of course not. Would you imprison someone? I'd hope not. Would you fine someone for upsetting someone else? I'd say absolutely not, and here appears to be the line that the morally repugnant among us begin to draw. That because someone is upset, the person upsetting is deserving of a financial or greater penalty. The only thing the social contract (in my opinion) demands of someone who has upset someone else is an apology or a sense of empathy. Demanding anything more is cruel and unusual.

It really is time to move on from this and accept that a majority of footballers are dumb as dog ####, and fine them and tell them not to do it again, but being footballers they probably will.
The one genius who played footy (Justin Clarke) was unfortunately one of the guys who had to retire due to too many concussions.

Now a Rhodes Scholar and doing a PhD in Engineering.

And well done to him as well.
The reality is though you wouldn't want someone like Buddy Franklin teaching your kids or grandkids Math, English, and that would apply to a majority of them.
I have heard people hypothesise that being smart gets in the way of playing well in a contact sport - that if you actually thought seriously for a second about what you were about to do, and the cost/benefit of it, you wouldn't be so fast to do it.

You sound like youre expecting that staff should have signed NDAs before the event. If a worker feels unsafe at any stage before, during or after an event at their workplace, they are well within their rights to report it. Good on them for having the courage to speak out. If you want your actions to remain private, do them at home, not at a pub. Which is short for public house btw
"Unsafe". We are incredibly precious in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And well done to him as well.
The reality is though you wouldn't want someone like Buddy Franklin teaching your kids or grandkids Math, English, and that would apply to a majority of them.

Bet your life they would actually listen to Buddy. No chance of him teaching though, that profession (yes I laughed as I typed that, considering how they are valued these days) has little respect, less pay and no future. Better to be a well-paid coat hanger and laugh at those who call you a fool.

Bet your life they would actually listen to Buddy. No chance of him teaching though, that profession (yes I laughed as I typed that, considering how they are valued these days) has little respect, less pay and no future. Better to be a well-paid coat hanger and laugh at those who call you a fool.
Listen and then think geez this guy isn't very bright.

Let us all know when you've been r*ped or been involved in a terrorist attack, then you can decide if you feel precious about it or not.

Gotta wonder what the footy community reaction would have been if the mocked the Bali bombings instead.
Bet if they'd dressed up as Ted Whitten and (apparently quite correctly) portrayed him as a nasty piece of work then not one footballer would be defending them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back