Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

speaking of drama's , how about seymor's drama's "keeping your "grubby mits of there stock .how about you steal some nathalia players that would help , until someone who has the backing a club with poker machines and then they win a few flags and then another club will pop up and ruin a few lives and win a flag and make a couple of old blokes happy . I don't know where country footy is heading , do you doona ?

Who have you been talking to Agg ? and what are you doing posting after midnight you clown . surely your hands are full wiping down tables and washing glass's . Are you still having a kick mate ? or is it just nude wrestles on the beach for you up in tropical far north queensland .

There is a bloke that played half a season with finley a couple of years ago who went to a geelong league last year, Brendan Paull was his name. He fits that age group. Is a big solid bloke, but doesn't play like he should. There is also a couple of young kids that are going to uni in geelong who are 19-20. Both are tall ruck types. Dane Maxwell and Will Robertson. Both go well, and both will play for finley in uni holidays. Hope this helps.

There is a bloke that played half a season with finley a couple of years ago who went to a geelong league last year, Brendan Paull was his name. He fits that age group. Is a big solid bloke, but doesn't play like he should. There is also a couple of young kids that are going to uni in geelong who are 19-20. Both are tall ruck types. Dane Maxwell and Will Robertson. Both go well, and both will play for finley in uni holidays. Hope this helps.

This is the first bit of talk about Finley in a while how are they shaping up for the season? also see rumba has Allan Murray waiting to be cleared to them, this would a massive bonus for them.

Just a wind up mate , was wondering if you ever broke from your diplomatic stance . it seems your an oak . yeah elmore would be bang up for it , i reckon . or even my former club in the murray league . but on a serious note doona , everyone I've spoken to is struggling to fill sides , drought related maybe , or is country footy in big trouble?

For what it's worth I reckon a lot of the geographical side of country footy needs an overhaul in the not too distant future. Growing costs of living placing greater importance on work (unless u pull a good quid from footy), fuel etc will only make it tougher in the future IMO.

I live in Kilmore and are obviously currently coaching Broadford - for example our club has I think 16-17 clubs within an hours drive yet we play just one (Heathcote).

No real surprise to see the Rumba-Congupna scoreline given the ins and outs of both clubs over the summer.

Biggest isue for me to come out of the day was that Joey Day didn't play in the magoo's....

Morgs/Boora - please don't tell me Joey's finally hung up the boots???

No real surprise to see the Rumba-Congupna scoreline given the ins and outs of both clubs over the summer.

Biggest isue for me to come out of the day was that Joey Day didn't play in the magoo's....

nah joey hasn't hung up the boots yet. he is trekking around south america on a crusade with his church group and back at the end of april from memory, but with the way damo played on the weekend, joey may struggle to get a game :D.....

For what it's worth I reckon a lot of the geographical side of country footy needs an overhaul in the not too distant future. Growing costs of living placing greater importance on work (unless u pull a good quid from footy), fuel etc will only make it tougher in the future IMO.

I live in Kilmore and are obviously currently coaching Broadford - for example our club has I think 16-17 clubs within an hours drive yet we play just one (Heathcote).

i think the biggest killer of country football is money, so many clubs have folded due to the increase in costs both on and off the field

Congupna had 5 or 6 blokes from last years 3rds playing as well as a current 3rds player and they will take time to get used to seniors

It's been Joe's last year for the last 4 seasons, so I can't see why this year would be any different.

Will be back from South America in a few weeks and once again will make the tri-weekly trek from Echuca to play. Along with the other Echuca boys.

Anyone wanna have a crack at this?

Premier:
Runner Up:
Smokey:
Wooden Spoon:
Disappointment:
League Medal:
Leading Goalkicker:
Recruit of the Year:
Headline of the Year:

Premier: barooga
Runner Up: nathalia
Smokey: rumba
Wooden Spoon: finley
Disappointment: no idea.
League Medal: djars or allan murray (if he stays)
Leading Goalkicker: parker or d murray
Recruit of the Year: john jackson (rumba)
Headline of the Year:
phil guthrie comes out of retirement :D

allan murray officially on board at rumba morgs... played on the weekend on permit or something?? another more than handy pick up

Officially on board, but for how long i'm not too sure about. Maybe one more, maybe two more, maybe the rest of the season or maybe we'll see if he comes across next year.

Which ever it is I've been asured by his brother that's it not the last time we'll see Allan Murray in a Rumba uniform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier: Nathalia
Runner Up: Barooga
Smokey: Rumbalara (of course)
Wooden Spoon: Finley
Disappointment: Echuca United
League Medal: Djaran Whyman (Moama)
Leading Goalkicker: Derek Murray (Rumbalara)
Recruit of the Year: Allan Murray (Rumbalara, If stays, if not Djaran Whyman)
Headline of the Year: .

Gilbert McAdam comes out of retirement.

Premier: Barooga
Runner Up:Nathalia
Smokey:toc:confused:
Wooden Spoon:mul:thumbsdown:
Disappointment:mul:thumbsdown:
League Medal:A Mellington
Leading Goalkicker:d.murray
Recruit of the Year:gallagher boys(barooga)
Headline of the Year:Merger/crisis talks

Premier: Nathalia
Smokey: Tocumwal
Wooden Spoon: Finley
Disappointment: Moama
League Medal: Linc Wellington
Leading Goalkicker: A.Mellington
Recruit of the Year: Whyman
Headline of the Year: Finley Vs Mulwala results in a nil all draw.

Premier:Nathalia
Smokey:Rumba
Wooden Spoon:Mulwala
Disappointment:Moama
League Medal:Troy Snelson-Nathalia
Leading Goalkicker:Anthony Mellington
Recruit of the Year:Djars Whyman
Headline of the Year: Adrien McAdam fly's south for the winter QUOTE]

Adrian McAdam fly's south for the winter

That headline could still be on the cards, give him three weeks I'm told. Alice Spings does get a bit warm this time of year.

Premier:Barooga
Runner Up: Nathalia
Smokey:Tocumwal
Wooden Spoon:Finley
Disappointment:Murray FL Representative side (if they lose Div.3)League Medal:Linc Wellington
Leading Goalkicker:Sean Harrap
Recruit of the Year:Tyron Hill
Headline of the Year: Nathalia Busted For Performance-Enhancing Substances!:D

Premier: Mulwala
Runner Up: Rumbalara
Smokey: Moama
Wooden Spoon: Barooga
Disappointment: Nathalia
League Medal: who knows maybe an umpire will win it this year
Leading Goalkicker: Brendan Parker
Recruit of the Year: Troy Gread
Headline of the Year: Barooga In Crisis talks, club has finally run out of money players leave mid year:D

ha ha that one was just a bit of a laugh

Premier: Hopefully Nathalia
Runner Up: Rumbalara
Smokey: Moama
Wooden Spoon: Mul
Dissapointment: Echuca United
League Medal: Troy Snelson
Leading Goalkicker: Brendan Parker
Recruit of the Year: Derek Murray
Headline of the Year: Mass Exodus from Mulwala

Hank, how are guys shaping up for this wekends game? full list? Should be a competitive game from what i saw from the moama game, we both have pretty young sides!

Premier: Barooga
Runner Up:rumba
Smokey:deni?
Wooden Spoon:to many to choose from
Disappointment:nathalia
League Medal:?
Leading Goalkicker:A Mellington
Recruit of the Year:matty rogers Echuca united
Headline of the Year: Nathalia "from premiers to nursing home"

Status
Not open for further replies.