My fascination with holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Elizabeth SA.

Grew up there, left in '75 as a 11 YO kid.
Returned there recently and was heartbroken at the hole it had become. Was never like that when I was a boy.

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Elizabeth SA.

Grew up there, left in '75 as a 11 YO kid.
Returned there recently and was heartbroken at the hole it had become. Was never like that when I was a boy.
Hasn't it always been a hole? Might be looking back through rose coloured glasses.

I grew up in Holden Hill and didn't think it was that bad.. a few years later some of local hoons took to spray painting 'The Hole' all over the place, as that's what they referred to it as. Going back there in recent years, I realise it really is a hole. 'Holed in Hell' I call it.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat

Hasn't it always been a hole? Might be looking back through rose coloured glasses.

I grew up in Holden Hill and didn't think it was that bad.. a few years later some of local hoons took to spray painting 'The Hole' all over the place, as that's what they referred to it as. Going back there in recent years, I realise it really is a hole. 'Holed in Hell' I call it.

Not in my day as far as I can recall. Though mind you I was an innocent young boy then. Most people on Daveron Rd where I lived were English. Now it's mostly asian, not that I am against them, but the crime rate is worse too, but there again so are peoples attitudes since then. At least I can remember walking the streets with my family at night. From what I have heard, you would not want to do that now.

Originally posted by Goldenblue

Not in my day as far as I can recall. Though mind you I was an innocent young boy then. Most people on Daveron Rd where I lived were English. Now it's mostly asian, not that I am against them, but the crime rate is worse too, but there again so are peoples attitudes since then. At least I can remember walking the streets with my family at night. From what I have heard, you would not want to do that now.

You might have just missed them but in the mid-late 70's there were quite a few gangs of skinheads in Elizabeth. And it was a frightening place to visit. Admittedly they seem to congregate mainly in Elizabeth Downs.
Docker Brat my uncle lives(survives?)in Taperoo.I think Taperoo aspires to be a hole!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

My fascination with holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back