Media My team is too full list 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not make it 22 players, only 20 play on Sunday then clubs are only sitting out 2 players each week

If we went with 22 players and we exclude them form the list of 68 players sitting out this weekend we are at 44 players enough for 2 teams

Or something else to thing about

22 players
1 rookie min. (sets the bar for clubs to bring minimum 1 player in each season)
Total : 23
I see suspensions haven't been taken into account or the fact that some players like myself aren't here for the sole purpose of playing on Sunday's.

I see suspensions haven't been taken into account or the fact that some players like myself aren't here for the sole purpose of playing on Sunday's.

It might encourage more responsible behaviour from you and others.

Ask your team within your threads or convos to each assess if they :
1. expect a risk of being squeezed out by more active contributors, or
2. voluntarily wish to be an afterthought happy to recline among the supps.

Have each of these nominate one of the following 8 teams as a backup.
Then, on a weekly basis, each of those not selected for their Sweet FA team, will be named for their chosen SOFU team.

View attachment 1319343
View attachment 1319344

This can provide the perfect assessment tool for health outside of the strict 240 - a sense of who brings up the rear and how they are travelling.
The Maprako Griffins look like a sexy team, feel free to add me there.

The committee are supposed to be there to represent the best interest for the leauge however they tend to only care about the best interest for their club. And to them, more teams means more threat of losing players. Cannot see how any captain with 25 and over players on their list can be against expansion.
I look forward to seeing responses to this from past anti expansionists.

Will put a * next to your games and make a note at the bottom of the table for you

Bit of bad luck with your suspension considering last season every penalty was a suspended sentence

Will put a * next to your games and make a note at the bottom of the table for you

Bit of bad luck with your suspension considering last season every penalty was a suspended sentence
Clearly rules for Baghdad and the rules for the rest, I've already moved on.

There's an old saying that if one player from a club gets suspended, you waggle your finger at that player. But if two players from a club gets suspended, then you waggle your finger at that team's recruiters. If three, then you waggle your finger at the Committee which allows such a team to maintain a licence.

But despite all that, BLUEALLTHRU makes a fair point. The concept of the supplementary players is to cater for player unavailability (suspension, sudden account deletion or declaration they want to depart, etc) and also simply to have more options to rotate through the playing list, once a club has learnt who's in "activity form", sending inactives to the supps and trying out those waiting in the wings.

It has been touched upon here, and I think we probably all agree overall, except for perhaps the golden numbers. My call would be 22 min, 25 max. Now if you have a squad of 22, and three of your players get a week off, then seriously, you got once option. Go recruit a player, post haste. You dug that well and got in the bucket! But otherwise, 22 should be enough, and 25 should definitely be enough.

But I would understand a max of anything from 23 to 27 being argued. I reckon it might have been 30 once in the past. That was a big of overkill.

Its a good discussion. I agree to reduce the max, and free up at least half a dozen more players into other teams or more teams.

And I do with all honesty intend the SOFU to play a part in attending to players who languish. I will try to write in as much connecting lore as I can. I won't try to infuse it anymore here, but I hope the potential can be seen.

How many missing out are actually active posters on BigFooty or even just here?
How many Demons missed out each week last season - 3-4 active posters? The Bombers were about the same as well. The WOnders this season look like they will be the same. There were more teams as well.

The list is growing each season.

The Maprako Griffins look like a sexy team, feel free to add me there.
Come over here, I was just spamming in this thread lol. :

How many missing out are actually active posters on BigFooty or even just here?
Salient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many Demons missed out each week last season - 3-4 active posters? The Bombers were about the same as well. The WOnders this season look like they will be the same. There were more teams as well.

The list is growing each season.

Some active posters missed out (by choice) but then there were non active posters in the team.

The excitement couldn't be higher for match threads to drop and with that comes the nervousness
for so many to be included in the weekly team sheet for Sunday's blockbuster matches

This off season we have seen so many clubs bring back returning players to bolster their squads

Clubs have added rookies as they look long term and others have added rookies

for the sake of adding rookies, which in turn will force more players to sit in the grandstands

View attachment 1319290

There are 68 players not able to get a game this weekend, will players get rotated or
will Captains keep the same players out each round

Do we turn to Tigerturbulance to run practice matches with the Old Boys facilities to
keep these players engaged in the league

Come back Friday to see if you have made the list.......

Baghdad Bombers need a COLA to cover the mandatory Banhammer sentences handed out like free gifts on an episode of Oprah.

There's an old saying that if one player from a club gets suspended, you waggle your finger at that player. But if two players from a club gets suspended, then you waggle your finger at that team's recruiters. If three, then you waggle your finger at the Committee which allows such a team to maintain a licence.

But despite all that, BLUEALLTHRU makes a fair point. The concept of the supplementary players is to cater for player unavailability (suspension, sudden account deletion or declaration they want to depart, etc) and also simply to have more options to rotate through the playing list, once a club has learnt who's in "activity form", sending inactives to the supps and trying out those waiting in the wings.

It has been touched upon here, and I think we probably all agree overall, except for perhaps the golden numbers. My call would be 22 min, 25 max. Now if you have a squad of 22, and three of your players get a week off, then seriously, you got once option. Go recruit a player, post haste. You dug that well and got in the bucket! But otherwise, 22 should be enough, and 25 should definitely be enough.

But I would understand a max of anything from 23 to 27 being argued. I reckon it might have been 30 once in the past. That was a big of overkill.

Its a good discussion. I agree to reduce the max, and free up at least half a dozen more players into other teams or more teams.

And I do with all honesty intend the SOFU to play a part in attending to players who languish. I will try to write in as much connecting lore as I can. I won't try to infuse it anymore here, but I hope the potential can be seen.
Mobbs, have you considered calling your league the Southern Territorial Football Union?

How many Demons missed out each week last season - 3-4 active posters? The Bombers were about the same as well. The WOnders this season look like they will be the same.
But I was always told this club is a rabble and will never be anything more. So your statement can't possibly be true.

Or

You could look more deeply at who is being banned and why.

It will be enlightening, even more so if taking into account who is pulling the trigger.

The sheer amount of outrage because the “offender” plays for the Bombers, without any comparison to the team mates of the complainant, is mind boggling hypocrisy writ large.

Then again, what is a season worth if there are no missing Bombers to use as bait for those with a propensity to froth with faux outrage at the slightest provocation?

Yes was bound to happen took 9 years and 20 odd thousand posts but I got there. Hard work has paid off!!!

Or

You could look more deeply at who is being banned and why.

It will be enlightening, even more so if taking into account who is pulling the trigger.

The sheer amount of outrage because the “offender” plays for the Bombers, without any comparison to the team mates of the complainant, is mind boggling hypocrisy writ large.

Then again, what is a season worth if there are no missing Bombers to use as bait for those with a propensity to froth with faux outrage at the slightest provocation?
No, if you want to look more deeply at who is being banned and why, you go to the website management and ask your questions.

Inferring any form of doubt on the driving forced behind the decisions of that administration (forum, not league), needs to follow the necessary escalation procedure.

Bitching about it in forum posts tends to result only in more penalties, as is shown in the 4th dot point under "Don't be a pest." :

This is a standard stance and suggestion across the vast majority of the established messageboard world, not just here. It's very doubtful this is the first time you've trolled someone into spelling it out for you.

No, if you want to look more deeply at who is being banned and why, you go to the website management and ask your questions.

Inferring any form of doubt on the driving forced behind the decisions of that administration (forum, not league), needs to follow the necessary escalation procedure.

Bitching about it in forum posts tends to result only in more penalties, as is shown in the 4th dot point under "Don't be a pest." :

This is a standard stance and suggestion across the vast majority of the established messageboard world, not just here. It's very doubtful this is the first time you've trolled someone into spelling it out for you.
Lighten up mate I'll send you a ham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media My team is too full list 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back