My trip to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipsal a better event than GP lol. Let me see Ford, Holden, ford Holden ford holden. How much worldwide exposure does the Clipsal get Adelaide? Not much I would say

And by the way in case you have not heard we just had it extended to 2015.
The news will reach them soon enough. They still think Melbourne are going to lose the GP after 2010.

Clipsal:D:thumbsu: That is Gold. Decision between the GP and Clipsal? Hmm we'll stick with the GP thanks.

totally agree - just having a go at his view of the Grand Prix.

I still stand by my post 76 on this thread.
Grand Prix Boring I would rather watch the Christmas Pageant, they are both parades with little men in bright costumes on.

Clipsal is at least a bit more exciting.

Mind you I am no Motorsport buff. Not much of a fan of either.

Oh yeah they did extend it to 2015, as long as it is a twilight/night race. How will that affect the after race concert. I know of quite a few people who only went last year to see KISS.

The news will reach them soon enough. They still think Melbourne are going to lose the GP after 2010.

Clipsal:D:thumbsu: That is Gold. Decision between the GP and Clipsal? Hmm we'll stick with the GP thanks.
so you attend the GP each year. From what I hear, and experience not many Melbournians do.

as Billy Conolly once said " Adelaide is called the city of churches - apparently, I think Rome may have something to say about that!!" Seriously, Adelaide is quite a nice, quaint little town. Not much to do there though, but its not as bad as people make out. ITys a bit far fetched to actually call it a city though!!

so you attend the GP each year. From what I hear, and experience not many Melbournians do.
It is a great event that most Melburnians would love to keep. It is one of a few major world events that Melbourne holds. Of course I cannnot get to the race every year but it is a great spectacle and hold much interest when the weekend comes around every year. Id much rather the GD then Clipsal.

It is a great event that most Melburnians would love to keep. It is one of a few major world events that Melbourne holds. Of course I cannnot get to the race every year but it is a great spectacle and hold much interest when the weekend comes around every year. Id much rather the GD then Clipsal.
I have been in Melbourne when the GP is on, you wouldnt even know it is on.

A great spectacle indeed so long as you are actaully at the track.

Adelaide truly did come alive GP time. The Drivers loved it and enjoyed coming here. Now it is just another race in the calender for them.

Cue the predictable jokes from Melbournians about Adelaide being boring for rest of year...

Adelaide truly did come alive GP time. The Drivers loved it and enjoyed coming here. Now it is just another race in the calender for them.

Cue the predictable jokes from Melbournians about Adelaide being boring for rest of year...

Yes the drivers loved it so much... they have never been back since!

Adelaide - just like a pysco ex-girlfrined... they don't know when it's over and to let go :rolleyes:

A sense a feeling of bitterness. Adelaide will never get the GP back. It is ours for now and we enjoy having it here. Im sure the drivers prefer being in a city for a weekend then in a country town posing as a city.

Eddington should have considered the O-Bahn. Its an idea whose time has come.

Just wondering what the 'O' stands for ????
Omnibus....which is actually what bus is short for. I guess your Victorian education didnt cover that. Or you were at the GP the day they taught that in Junior Primary.

Omnibus....which is actually what bus is short for. I guess your Victorian education didnt cover that. Or you were at the GP the day they taught that in Junior Primary.

No... Barkley Street was at the MCG in 95... watching The Great EJ Whitten go round the ground and STICK IT UP you hoods from SA one last time.

ITys a bit far fetched to actually call it a city though!!

A big country town is more likely.

I actually like Adelaide's lifestyle and not into the nightlife sort of thing any more so it doesn't bother me

As for the GP, it was a shame it left but it happens and realistically Melbourne or Sydney (being larger cities) probably deserve to host it.

I don't think Melbourne actually won the event or stole it from us, it was more then Premier John Olsen didn't want the financial burden and played politics to lose it. Only after it was lost I think he realised how much shit would hit the fan over it.

Melbourne put on a good show and I thought Adelaide did a good job when they had it, similar to the Clipsal 500, most people I talk to say they love it.

I just don't get the few Mlebournians that come on here slagging Adelaide off, I guess they must feel insecure in some way about out "nice" city, don't know why when Melbourne truely rocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Prix Boring I would rather watch the Christmas Pageant, they are both parades with little men in bright costumes on.

Clipsal is at least a bit more exciting.

Mind you I am no Motorsport buff. Not much of a fan of either.

Oh yeah they did extend it to 2015, as long as it is a twilight/night race. How will that affect the after race concert. I know of quite a few people who only went last year to see KISS.

Well your last sentence really summed up a lot about Adelaide.

Come on all you crazy Big Footy south aussies, it's time for the internet cafe to close and you all to go home for a refreshing water shandy. :thumbsu:

Id be a bit more quiet if I were you TWITA, once they figure out you are from Bendigo you're stuffed!!

Do the words Eaglehawk or L(B)ong Gully ring a bell?

A big country town is more likely.

I actually like Adelaide's lifestyle and not into the nightlife sort of thing any more so it doesn't bother me

As for the GP, it was a shame it left but it happens and realistically Melbourne or Sydney (being larger cities) probably deserve to host it.

I don't think Melbourne actually won the event or stole it from us, it was more then Premier John Olsen didn't want the financial burden and played politics to lose it. Only after it was lost I think he realised how much shit would hit the fan over it.

Melbourne put on a good show and I thought Adelaide did a good job when they had it, similar to the Clipsal 500, most people I talk to say they love it.

I just don't get the few Mlebournians that come on here slagging Adelaide off, I guess they must feel insecure in some way about out "nice" city, don't know why when Melbourne truely rocks.

This is a very good post IMO - Congratulations.

Don't you guys have a desal plant?
And it's shut off now because it fails to meet one of the standards in the monitors 50% of the time.HA! So much for other states doing a trial of it!

Don't start me on what we could be doing or should be, I am defientely no environmental engineer and just go by read articles and the like but the waste of storm water here is amazing.

We should have alot more wetlands to capture storm water. Water recycling keeps raising it's head and disappearing also.
You can't put storm water into existing wetlands. You can however put recycled water into existing wetlands. It's what I'm campaigning for currently here. The sticking point in all of those will be because they usually exist in the first place because of water mounds and the like.

To say the river murray is stuff is crazy to me, we should be fighting like hell (All Australians) to save it. If the river murray collapses it won't just hurt SA but NSW and Victoria will suffer from it.
Why should I be fighting for it? It doesn't affect me. WA had to go it alone like so many other things in the early 90s in regards to water. Toughen up SA, and do something yourself. Just more proof it is the emo capital of the world.

And secondly, if the lower Murray collapses, why would it affect Victoria and NSW? The fact is it wont. They live in the watersheds and catchments. SA is holding no cards.

Melb population = 3.6m
GP attendance = 300k (including 100k free tickets given away..:rolleyes: refer below)
12% of population.....WOW, oh including a handful of tourists but don't count on the figures your statisticians are giving ya as i'm sure there inaccurate also, but thats melbourne for ya always overstating everything.

The Age - Feb 26, 2008
THE operators of the Australian Grand Prix have admitted they don't know how many people attend the race, and that the number of tickets they give away is kept a secret to avoid undermining the event.
The admissions, in evidence to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, cast fresh doubt on claims that the race is the "best-attended grand prix in the world", ( ) and have given heart to those who want it banished.
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation said attendance at last year's race was 301,000 — a figure it described as an estimate based on industry best practice. What a Joke..

We don't want the GP back as although SA put on fantastic GP events in our time they were more about the party and atmosphere than the actual cars and we get that now with the Clipsal and I know many Victorians who come across and love the show every year.

As for the couple of Perth 'Toss*rs' putting in their two bobs don't worry you guys can keep your GP 'Air Race' which itself is as boring as shite.

Heres a common night out in Perth down at the 'COTT'...:eek: but actually it is quite a funny vid. Must be good drugs in WA....oh thats right of course there are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdXTOAdIxM

We don't want the GP back as although SA put on fantastic GP events in our time they were more about the party and atmosphere than the actual cars and we get that now with the Clipsal and I know many Victorians who come across and love the show every year.

Only a Bogan South Aussie could crap on about motor racing....who gives a toss!

Must be good drugs in WA....oh thats right of course there are.
It'd suck not being able to get access to good drugs when you want them. It certainly beats mugging pensioners for their drugs like you need to do in Adelaide.

I know a few people who used to get paid in acid, mid 90s. Hmmm... what's your point again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back