N.t.f.l

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he injured prior to the GF?

The boys along the coast say he could of been a superstar at cricket / footy / athletics.... Just didn't know which one to concentrate on!!!

Afreak sportsmen and a bit of a different unit to go with it from all reports
No hes a jet at anything, super athlete and good bloke, was once 12th man for as Aust eleven at Bellerive, played some excellent footy at Wynyard as well as cricket for the Cats, has played State juniour cricket and represented the NWTCA at senior level- a thoroughly deserve Premiership for a champion bloke, him and Timmy Mac two of the best in modern time to come from the cattery

Yeah The've done well.... I think the cats would like to get sharman back in the future as a possible coach...... From what I've heard they'd need a bank oan, doesn't play for nothing. Likes the $$$$$$

How much would it take for a player to move from one end of the state to the other, to coach a footy club? I can't remember many coming up our way from the south to do it.......

Yes, Somerset, you can't get good recruits for nothin

Yea you are right especially after being played at full back all game on Plapp in the 2nd semi. What a move. Thank christ for Derby ah Big H.

2nd semi: Plapp 3 goals vs Bakes
Grand Final: Plapp 5 goals vs The State full back in Savage

I think L'ton would be happy with the result in the 2nd semi.

Bakes had been in and out of the L'ton side on form i think? Didn't see the second semi but he played on a half back flank in the grand final and butchered the ball through rushed decision making.

See North have signed Keep from Latrobe. Don't really know much about him, is he gooing to solve their problems of the lack of a tall forward?

2nd semi: Plapp 3 goals vs Bakes
Grand Final: Plapp 5 goals vs The State full back in Savage

I think L'ton would be happy with the result in the 2nd semi.

Fair point. Thats the way the coaching staff would look at it. But I looked at it anther way. Plapp 17 marks 30 plus poss kicked 3 goals 5 playing as a key forward and looked all day as the only player from Burnie that was going to cause Ltn grieve. If a midfielder was getting that much of the ball no doubt he would of had a change of opponent. Thats not saying Bakes is a poor player though. He is a very good player who would make any team in Tasmania 1st 22.

Bakes had been in and out of the L'ton side on form i think? Didn't see the second semi but he played on a half back flank in the grand final and butchered the ball through rushed decision making.

See North have signed Keep from Latrobe. Don't really know much about him, is he gooing to solve their problems of the lack of a tall forward?

Keep may make it eventually but at this stage mentally frail. Given he is still only a kid. Would be better developed at this stage as a tall wingman and allowed some freedom instead of being the focal point behind Crawford. I heard Reg Lyons will be appointed (self) as the new coach of the N/Bombers?

Keep may make it eventually but at this stage mentally frail. Given he is still only a kid. Would be better developed at this stage as a tall wingman and allowed some freedom instead of being the focal point behind Crawford. I heard Reg Lyons will be appointed (self) as the new coach of the N/Bombers?

Northern Bombers have rang everyone on the coast. Apparently Sanders of officials from the Launceston have been targeting Ulverstone players as possible recruits. Errol Bourn has been appointed Devonport coach, in Monday's advocate. Apparently Wiggo go the ass too. AFL tas said that one of the conditions for them being granted a licensce was for him to be gone. Don't know how much truth there is to that though.

Anyone know the results of the B&F's up in the Launy clubs?

Northern Bombers have rang everyone on the coast. Apparently Sanders of officials from the Launceston have been targeting Ulverstone players as possible recruits. Errol Bourn has been appointed Devonport coach, in Monday's advocate. Apparently Wiggo go the ass too. AFL tas said that one of the conditions for them being granted a licensce was for him to be gone. Don't know how much truth there is to that though.

Here is one from left field. Max Brown seems to be the front man to coach the NOrthern Bombers next year after Libba withdrew his application.

Wiggo

What's this about Wiggo on the move?

One of the few real beaut administrator's in Tasmania and they are going to let him go. Surely not.

I thought Dominic Baker was quoted as saying "We want the right people in the right job".

Well if that's the case AFL TAS put him on.

Maybe he will come and join me on the Soccer front next year - ha ha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is one from left field. Max Brown seems to be the front man to coach the NOrthern Bombers next year after Libba withdrew his application.

Old Max. Has made it hard for the next coach coming in with his statement about players should play SW if they are able to. Doesn't seem that long ago he recruited Oliver and Davies from a SW comp to play in a regional comp. Davies kicked a bag of goals in a grand final and won the medal. It does depend on which chair you are sitting in at the time. Ulv will loose any where up to 10 plus players and this would have been the major factor in Max going and not the SW issue.

I'm not sure how much he won by but well deserved IMO, Was consistant all year and really stood up in the finals:thumbsu: Is that his first B&F???

I believe he won it by 2 votes from Munday Smith Plapp Davis and McKenna. I think only 5 votes seperated the top 5 players. Brown had a fantastic year and he deserves the b&f award.

Derbyshire beat Bristow at Launceston to win their b&f. AFL Tas told Dport right from the start that they were not happy with their off field structure and changes had to be made. Dport at first refused to listen and tried to move the chairs a little by changing some roles and titles. In the end AFL Tas do as you are told or you will not be given a licence. Hence the reason Errol's announcement will be made public 3 weeks after he was told he had the job.

I believe he won it by 2 votes from Munday Smith Plapp Davis and McKenna. I think only 5 votes seperated the top 5 players. Brown had a fantastic year and he deserves the b&f award.

I wouldn't have picked that, reckon that would have upset a few of the old ones at the club that didn't want him back.

I wouldn't have picked that, reckon that would have upset a few of the old ones at the club that didn't want him back.
Good on him if he did win, contrary to what some think he is a good bloke and those that did not want him back can pull their head in or walk to the nearby beach and stick their head in the sand, I know for a fact him and Wuffy Smith and Plappy also have give a young fan some Premiership, rep jumpers and Devils gear and this little bloke loves them Brett Wilson and Clinton Stretton and Arch and all the other blokes like a dad and brother, he even goes to watch them of a Saturday including to Smithton and Launy over his own Dad who plays elsewhere. If the count was that close that is good-go Dockers and Browny !

Savage was too fat and slow for Plapp.
although Plapp in my eyes would of kicked more on anyone else that day.
Fair call although Scotchy Okeefe had Archs measure and the Dockers never really looked like winning, they were smashed at the stoppages and did not have enough forward 50 entries but if they had Plappy could have kicked a winning score, he pulled Savs pants down

Why wouldn't they have wanted him back?? Is an awsome player. Came straight back to the club and coached the under17s to a flag. I hear he does alot around the place and is pretty well respected. Good on Browny for having the guts to come back I say and good on him 4 winning the B&F:thumbsu:

Fair call although Scotchy Okeefe had Archs measure and the Dockers never really looked like winning, they were smashed at the stoppages and did not have enough forward 50 entries but if they had Plappy could have kicked a winning score, he pulled Savs pants down
They needed another forward option to help Plapp out. If they had another gun forward they would of won. Plppy just couldn't do it on his own IMO

They needed another forward option to help Plapp out. If they had another gun forward they would of won. Plppy just couldn't do it on his own IMO
Young Baldock from Somerset would be the one but has committed back to the Roos which is good for us, Burnie may have to develop and train one from their all conquering Reserves side, Arch has been sensational and one of the best players in big games I have seen and I have seen a few dont worry including their 5 in a row, there is not much more to do in the Winter and having membership at both Burnie and Somerset means I get to watch two pretty good sides although I get annoyed when the Roos are at Queeny and the Dockers are away !I reckon I will watch a bit more of Somerset next year as shift work will make it hard for a supporter like me to travel toHobart, but I am sure the members took all this in to consideration when we voted

Maybe, but i thought that Burnie were completely outclassed at the stoppages and L'tons run and carry made them look slow. L'ton took their foot off the pedal in the last which allowed Burnie back in. L'ton went into a real defensive mode which is not the way they play and allowed Burnie to edge closer.

Do you think Davis will play on next year at the Dockers? He's been an absolute legend in Tassie comps for such a long time but he's pretty long in the tooth now! (I actually played with him in some rep sides when we were teenagers and i'm an old man) Perhaps he could play as a ff. He'd kick a lot of goals sitting in the square!

Maybe, but i thought that Burnie were completely outclassed at the stoppages and L'tons run and carry made them look slow. L'ton took their foot off the pedal in the last which allowed Burnie back in. L'ton went into a real defensive mode which is not the way they play and allowed Burnie to edge closer.

Do you think Davis will play on next year at the Dockers? He's been an absolute legend in Tassie comps for such a long time but he's pretty long in the tooth now! (I actually played with him in some rep sides when we were teenagers and i'm an old man) Perhaps he could play as a ff. He'd kick a lot of goals sitting in the square!
Well he has said to me that he is playing on. But i guess only he knows. He is old but he is still the dominate ruckman in the NTFL, He was GREAT this year so there is no reason why he couldn't be a good ruckman next year. As for sitting him in the square he would be great there 2. Would definatly kick 70 or 80 goals if he was a permanent FF IMO:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back