N.t.f.l

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but i thought that Burnie were completely outclassed at the stoppages and L'tons run and carry made them look slow. L'ton took their foot off the pedal in the last which allowed Burnie back in. L'ton went into a real defensive mode which is not the way they play and allowed Burnie to edge closer.

Completely outclassed. Think you might be pulling your chain a little there big H. Launy jumped out of the blocks, as was predicted with there finals experience. The dockers fought back to level the ledger. I believe the third quarter showed the effects of a draining finals series for the young and old dockers side and there is no in between. To there credit they come back hard. You don't loose like that and get completely outclassed at stoppages. Derba has been the key to that side, if he didn't play in the three finals they would never of won any!

Derba has been the key to that side, if he didn't play in the three finals they would never of won any![/quote]

That is a stupid comment....take plapp out of burnie and they wouldnt have made the gf?? or they would have won in Hamill flew over? its all done buddy no ifs or buts, Launceston best team in comp, they have the flag to prove it.

Good on him if he did win, contrary to what some think he is a good bloke and those that did not want him back can pull their head in or walk to the nearby beach and stick their head in the sand, I know for a fact him and Wuffy Smith and Plappy also have give a young fan some Premiership, rep jumpers and Devils gear and this little bloke loves them Brett Wilson and Clinton Stretton and Arch and all the other blokes like a dad and brother, he even goes to watch them of a Saturday including to Smithton and Launy over his own Dad who plays elsewhere. If the count was that close that is good-go Dockers and Browny !

We all know this is you chalky? "his dad"plays somewhere?
er...somerset?
not sure why you refer to yrself as a 3rd person???

If it is not chalky, it is very sad how much he loves him if you read his past posts....:confused:

Maybe, but i thought that Burnie were completely outclassed at the stoppages and L'tons run and carry made them look slow. L'ton took their foot off the pedal in the last which allowed Burnie back in. L'ton went into a real defensive mode which is not the way they play and allowed Burnie to edge closer.

Completely outclassed. Think you might be pulling your chain a little there big H. Launy jumped out of the blocks, as was predicted with there finals experience. The dockers fought back to level the ledger. I believe the third quarter showed the effects of a draining finals series for the young and old dockers side and there is no in between. To there credit they come back hard. You don't loose like that and get completely outclassed at stoppages. Derba has been the key to that side, if he didn't play in the three finals they would never of won any!

I'll stand by my observation as the margin going into the last quarter probably was imo a fair indication of the state of the match and the difference between the two sides. As i said the L'ton players started to play a defensive and reactionary game in the last, more worried i think about staying ahead (and probably contemplating the celebrations) than going on and really winning the match. Stephens also going off probably stifled L'tons ability at the clearances as well. Credit to Burnie though that they really fought on hard, especially when they started to get a sniff late. I thought it would actually blow out in the last as i thought the Burnie boys were really flat coming out of the huddle, as you probably would be in their position.

We all know this is you chalky? "his dad"plays somewhere?
er...somerset?
not sure why you refer to yrself as a 3rd person???

If it is not chalky, it is very sad how much he loves him if you read his past posts....:confused:
I do Love him Wazza but I am not gay but maybe I am , who really knows , which way do you go Wazza, I might love you like I love Chalky xxx

Derba has been the key to that side, if he didn't play in the three finals they would never of won any!

That is a stupid comment....take plapp out of burnie and they wouldnt have made the gf?? or they would have won in Hamill flew over? its all done buddy no ifs or buts, Launceston best team in comp, they have the flag to prove it.[/quote]

Wazza 39, or should i say Forrest Gump. I never said they weren't the best team, they won and you right. However i believe Derba is the difference between them and everyone else. The Burnie Side that won five, didn't have that. Derba kicked a bag against Dev in 06 and no one could stop him, he did the same against Ulvy and did the same against Burnie. If plapp hadn't of kicked 9 against Ulvy i don't reckon they would have won either. However, they did beat Ulvy 4 times this year and once by 100 points where Plapp only kicked a few.

I'll stand by my observation as the margin going into the last quarter probably was imo a fair indication of the state of the match and the difference between the two sides. As i said the L'ton players started to play a defensive and reactionary game in the last, more worried i think about staying ahead (and probably contemplating the celebrations) than going on and really winning the match. Stephens also going off probably stifled L'tons ability at the clearances as well. Credit to Burnie though that they really fought on hard, especially when they started to get a sniff late. I thought it would actually blow out in the last as i thought the Burnie boys were really flat coming out of the huddle, as you probably would be in their position.

I'm with Still Kickin i'm sorry, I think they missed 5 or 6 goals in the last, if and i say if, they could have kicked straighter, ahhh the questions. Shack dropped a chest mark in the squared with 2 minutes to go when they were seven points down. That would have made it interesting. I thought i was nice of Launceston to apologise publicly for the mistate they made accusing shack of eye gouging earlier in the year. After the was found guilty in the media.

Heard a roumor today that Timmy Mac is leaving Burnie, Can anyone tell me if this is true???
Would surprise me if he did, quality bloke and player.Was one of Plappys assistants this year, has bought a house in Somerset and there again would be surprised if he left.Couldnt see him gong back to Wynyard after last year , geez, living in Somerset, he would be a handy back pocket for the Roos, no room for him in their star studded(Chalky and Baldy) forward line, may get a run on ball every now and then, he has very quick hands, probably the quickest in the world even !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would surprise me if he did, quality bloke and player.Was one of Plappys assistants this year, has bought a house in Somerset and there again would be surprised if he left.Couldnt see him gong back to Wynyard after last year , geez, living in Somerset, he would be a handy back pocket for the Roos, no room for him in their star studded(Chalky and Baldy) forward line, may get a run on ball every now and then, he has very quick hands, probably the quickest in the world even !
Lol as optimistic as I am I can't see Timmy lining up for the Roo's next year lol.

NWFU - 2 divisions

I was up that way during the week and bought a copy of the Advocate and some nutters are talking up a Cooee revival!

Can someone please send the following letter through to the NTFL GM,

Dear Mr Wakerspoon

Have you thought of this?

Wouldn't it make total sense to consider getting up a re-hashed NWFU with two divisions? Perhaps pop the remaining NTFL teams and a few others in div one and the rest in div 2.

Consider approaching other leagues/associations to combine as one and that way maybe keep your job.

Rather than weaken the Burnie Dockers wouldn't this be the best thing for footy?

This 2 tier approach worked well for the SFL. Maybe you should do the same.

Signed

Bob.

Re: NWFU - 2 divisions

I was up that way during the week and bought a copy of the Advocate and some nutters are talking up a Cooee revival!

Dear Mr Wakerspoon

Wouldn't it make total sense to consider getting up a re-hashed NWFU with two divisions? Perhaps pop the remaining NTFL teams and a few others in div one and the rest in div 2.

Consider approaching other leagues/associations to combine as one and that way maybe keep your job.

Rather than weaken the Burnie Dockers wouldn't this be the best thing for footy?

Signed

Bob.

Duff have you been drinking again?

Re: NWFU - 2 divisions

Dear Mr Wakerspoon

Signed

Bob.
Ok duff i'll try and clear things up for you.
In no way will there be a revival of the cooee bulldogs, As a reader of the Advocate on a daily basis i can tell you that 85% of the local sports news in there is nothing but a load of shit. If you brought and read the paper everyday you would know this to.
To sum it up for you Duffy
1. The Advocate struggles to find legitimate news so they fill the paper up with bullshit they make up
2. The Advocate is without a doubt the worst newspaper in the WORLD bar none
3. They have sports reporters that claim to know everything about every sport and always have an opinion on everything yet the only sport they have played is probably mixed netball or Darts.
So all in all Duff next time you down our way don't buy the Advocate it only fills your head with garbage and confuses blokes like us that actually know abit about our sport.
Signed
Somersetboy:thumbsu:

Heard a roumor today that Timmy Mac is leaving Burnie, Can anyone tell me if this is true???

All the news in footy at the moment is no doubt the Dport Ulvy saga. Max may have won them 4 premierships but he has helped cripple the club and right now are as bad as they have been since the last time he left them.

Ulvy have appointed Junior Rodman as a interim coach. Now Junior along with Max pushed for the SW concept. Well the only way Ulvy will get in will be if Dport fall over. Because the clubs in the SW were together fully in voting no other clubs to be allowed in for at least 5 years. 10 clubs are enough any way. Junior will play with the Northern Bombers and the reason because no other players from Ulvy are going to play at Dport.Williams to Qld Hayes back to East Dport Mcrossen and Ponsoby are playing with the bombers. Mott is after a transfer so he can also play with the bombers. Banahm will play with the Dockers. Gale has signed with East Ulverstone and they will also get 5 u/19 players that played in their u/age gf. Skiddy leary and Lovett to T/Beach. Johnson Chatwin Rootes Smedly Watson and Marshall to M/Preston. Mark Harris is moving back to Qld. Auton is also going to E/Ulverstone Jason Pearce has called Jason Ling from Penguin to see if he would coach them. Mcrossen had his application (coaching ) done up for him by Sharon Stokes and all he had to do was sign it but he has pulled out of the race. So as you can see that Ulvy didn't have to go into the SW comp for it to f@#k their club up. Just the mention of it did. To all those people that voted SW i hope for the Ulvy FC you get down there and put in like the former board did. Because your group has brought a proud community football club to its knees. Shame on all of you!

All the news in footy at the moment is no doubt the Dport Ulvy saga. Max may have won them 4 premierships but he has helped cripple the club and right now are as bad as they have been since the last time he left them.

Ulvy have appointed Junior Rodman as a interim coach. Now Junior along with Max pushed for the SW concept. Well the only way Ulvy will get in will be if Dport fall over. Because the clubs in the SW were together fully in voting no other clubs to be allowed in for at least 5 years. 10 clubs are enough any way. Junior will play with the Northern Bombers and the reason because no other players from Ulvy are going to play at Dport.Williams to Qld Hayes back to East Dport Mcrossen and Ponsoby are playing with the bombers. Mott is after a transfer so he can also play with the bombers. Banahm will play with the Dockers. Gale has signed with East Ulverstone and they will also get 5 u/19 players that played in their u/age gf. Skiddy leary and Lovett to T/Beach. Johnson Chatwin Rootes Smedly Watson and Marshall to M/Preston. Mark Harris is moving back to Qld. Auton is also going to E/Ulverstone Jason Pearce has called Jason Ling from Penguin to see if he would coach them. Mcrossen had his application (coaching ) done up for him by Sharon Stokes and all he had to do was sign it but he has pulled out of the race. So as you can see that Ulvy didn't have to go into the SW comp for it to f@#k their club up. Just the mention of it did. To all those people that voted SW i hope for the Ulvy FC you get down there and put in like the former board did. Because your group has brought a proud community football club to its knees. Shame on all of you!
Wow good to see your keeping an ear out, Some very interesting statements there. Very intersesting.......:thumbsu:

Advocate

The Advocate struggles to find legitimate news so they fill the paper up with bullshit they make up

Thanks Somerset. I thought the Cooee thing was a bit light on for substance. Would have been crazy hey?

Thankfully our boys down here at the Mercury pen pretty well. Sounds like things have dropped off up there since Julian O'Brian stopped writing.

I met him back in the Football Life days and always thought he was OK.

Yeah its pretty average when journos write crap. There's always a good story to be told in local footy. Just write the truth I say.

A bit of curve ball is OK though.

So what's the go with Ulvi and SWL? Is 2010 a goer for them?

Re: Advocate

The Advocate struggles to find legitimate news so they fill the paper up with bullshit they make up

Thanks Somerset. I thought the Cooee thing was a bit light on for substance. Would have been crazy hey?

Thankfully our boys down here at the Mercury pen pretty well. Sounds like things have dropped off up there since Julian O'Brian stopped writing.

I met him back in the Football Life days and always thought he was OK.

Yeah its pretty average when journos write crap. There's always a good story to be told in local footy. Just write the truth I say.

A bit of curve ball is OK though.

So what's the go with Ulvi and SWL? Is 2010 a goer for them?
Well from what i have heard Duff none of the other teams want them in and apparently Devonport would quit the league if Ulvie come in in the next 5 years. Me personally i cant see it happening, But i guess with AFL Tas you never know:rolleyes:

If u are on the money u would expect the pies to gather around 30k in transfer fee $. Maybe this could be used to play the players and the coaches 4 the year just gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back