N.t.f.l

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Brendan Keeling coach and what year did Mark Radford start then Ali Bourn and Chalky take over, too right Rusty was a good coach and Baldy Grey, Eggs Bacon , Timmy Waller and the likes certainly put in over that period of time, I also do not think the cross over of players being on the committee over there at wynyard has neccesarily been healthy. I just wonder why over a fair period of time that quality players and coaches from a higher level back then ie Statewide Burnie teams have not been able to have more success, also Wish tried to straighten things out and look what happened, Jacko and Craig French did ok i grant that but why do playersgo and leave abd why do some leave or not want to go back, might be due to Symesy rubbing tecnique !

Yes, he's missing a few fingers but that always came in handy when rubbing around the gluetals....

If I remember correctly, it was either David Russell or Owen Johnstone as the coach of Wynyard then. Rusty was good for the club. Infact, in 1999 when Russell was coach, Wynyard defeated every other team in the competition! Hardly poor culture.. It was what happened after that causing the downhill slide. Got back some respect in 2005, with Kent Jackson at the helm. Had a pretty handy outfit. Back 2 Chalky Grey - I dont think he had that good a year in '98 though!!!!

Spot on Binkenator in your appraisal. Jacko did a good job with the group that he had. Getting back to Chalky in 98......... was he ever that good at NTFL? I know he was alright at Darwin level but NTFL

Spot on Binkenator in your appraisal. Jacko did a good job with the group that he had. Getting back to Chalky in 98......... was he ever that good at NTFL? I know he was alright at Darwin level but NTFL
He played Seniors with Smithton in 1985 and went on to play 248 senior NTFL/NWFU/TFL games and is a member of the NWFU 200 Club, played for the NWFU In 85 and 86 and the NTFL in 97 , first year at Wynyard, so I reckon he was ok at NTFL level, actually kicked 11 vs Scottsdale in his 200th and 13 against Deloraine at Wynyard one day, anyway go to the library and check him out- ahandy cricketer I am led to believe also

He played Seniors with Smithton in 1985 and went on to play 248 senior NTFL/NWFU/TFL games and is a member of the NWFU 200 Club, played for the NWFU In 85 and 86 and the NTFL in 97 , first year at Wynyard, so I reckon he was ok at NTFL level, actually kicked 11 vs Scottsdale in his 200th and 13 against Deloraine at Wynyard one day, anyway go to the library and check him out- ahandy cricketer I am led to believe also

Guy Grey was a good player at Statewide level, when it was a very good comp. Great 3rd forward type. I saw him play some great games in that comp., but never played against him in the ntfl. I actually can't believe he's still playing! How old is he really?

Guy Grey was a good player at Statewide level, when it was a very good comp. Great 3rd forward type. I saw him play some great games in that comp., but never played against him in the ntfl. I actually can't believe he's still playing! How old is he really?

Well if he started in '85... Most young blokes break into senior footy from the ages of 16 to 18 so that would make him 39 to 41, at a guess.

Might have to ask 'Bruce Macavaney' aka moocher for more details on this one

Well if he started in '85... Most young blokes break into senior footy from the ages of 16 to 18 so that would make him 39 to 41, at a guess.

Might have to ask 'Bruce Macavaney' aka moocher for more details on this one
I'm pretty sure Chalky is 41, has played about 8 or 9 seasons in the Darwin since moving on from NTFL. Has lead somerset in senior goal kicking all those years, Won the reserves goal kicking aswell won year when he doubled up most games, Has won the Comp goal kicking twice in 2006, 2007, Kicked 70 goals this year when he had a bloke that kicked 100 in the same team. Kicked bags of 11, 8, 7 and 10 this year, kicked 6 in the prelim final against Queeny. So I would still say he is still in the top 3 Forwards in the comp at 41 and he is my tip to lead the league in goal kicking in 2009. Not a bad effort IMO:thumbsu:

Old Blokes

So I would still say he is still in the top 3 Forwards in the comp at 41 and he is my tip to lead the league in goal kicking in 2009. Not a bad effort IMO:thumbsu:[/quote]

Its always good to see the older blokes still having a crack.

Few old heads in this game http://dufftv.com.au/?m=200811

2008 Reserves Old Scholars.

Re: Old Blokes

Its always good to see the older blokes still having a crack.

Few old heads in this game http://dufftv.com.au/?m=200811

2008 Reserves Old Scholars.
Lol Nice 1 Duff:thumbsu:[/quote]

The NEFU is where the old blokes really keep playing. Its great you look out and think "Shit how old's that bloke"!

It's great.

There was until 4 years ago a social comp played on Sunday's on Hobart. 4X15 minute qtrs and that always brought out the old stars. It was Old Scholars B division.

Pity that sort of comp couldn't get up again as I reckon there is a spot for people (like myself) who don't really want to run around in the Super Rules and come up against blokes like Danny Noonan and Darren Winter!

The NEFU is where the old blokes really keep playing. Its great you look out and think "Shit how old's that bloke"!

It's great.

There was until 4 years ago a social comp played on Sunday's on Hobart. 4X15 minute qtrs and that always brought out the old stars. It was Old Scholars B division.

Pity that sort of comp couldn't get up again as I reckon there is a spot for people (like myself) who don't really want to run around in the Super Rules and come up against blokes like Danny Noonan and Darren Winter!
Lol I hear ya Duff, I remember going to a super rules match a few years ago and seeing Robbie Lavell (Not sure if you'd know his name up your way but was a champion footy player in his day down here) absolutelly tear it up kicking 10 or so. Then I found out that the next game he played he got knocked out first quarter from a king hit. So much for non contact lol

Lol Nice 1 Duff:thumbsu:

It's great.

Pity that sort of comp couldn't get up again as I reckon there is a spot for people (like myself) who don't really want to run around in the Super Rules and come up against blokes like Danny Noonan and Darren Winter![/QUOTE]

I'm an NEFU boy, started there in the under 16 in "83 when i was 9, seniors in '88, played in the NTFL and NTFA along the way but returned later to finish my career in 2006. I coached a reserves side in 2006 and i've had a bloke play who was in his mid 50's! I've played in sides with and against fathers and sons in the same side and against the grandkids of blokes i played against in 88. There's probably no other league like it left in Tassie, that has the same type of real country feel to it where blokes who live next door to each other and work together, and may be good mates, try to kill each on the on the weekend playing for opposing sides. Familys still fall out if you play for the team from a neighbouring town (that may be 15 k's away) and the crowds are often 2 or 3 times the population of the town.

Can someone tell me how all these Ulverstone players ie Mcrossen, Banham, Ponsoby can sign with Nth launceston, what happened to the zone rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me how all these Ulverstone players ie Mcrossen, Banham, Ponsoby can sign with Nth launceston, what happened to the zone rule.

Also depends on where they actually live, if they are going to uni in Launceston, or maybe they are relocating. I know that Bakes and Ebdon, when they moved from Wynyard, were both actually living and working in launceston , so there were no worries in going to Launceston. Crawford is at uni in L'ton so Ulverstone had t clear him last year.

Also depends on where they actually live, if they are going to uni in Launceston, or maybe they are relocating. I know that Bakes and Ebdon, when they moved from Wynyard, were both actually living and working in launceston , so there were no worries in going to Launceston. Crawford is at uni in L'ton so Ulverstone had t clear him last year.

Do what they did in the olden days put a caravan at the club and say thats where they live

N.t.f.l > NWFU

Anyone got any news of any NTFL signings???? Would love to know off any!!

I thought the NTFL had reverted back to NEFU with Cooee coming back in - only stirrin'.

Please don't tell me to **** off with my ****ta video crew anymore. It really offends me.

But seriously is this comp in a bit of trouble or what?

Uncertainty never a good thing.

Re: N.t.f.l > NWFU

I thought the NTFL had reverted back to NEFU with Cooee coming back in - only stirrin'.

Please don't tell me to **** off with my ****ta video crew anymore. It really offends me.

But seriously is this comp in a bit of trouble or what?

Uncertainty never a good thing.

And isn't Wade and co smirking. Their biggest thorn in their side (NTFL)for the last decade just about finished up. Haven't they a responsibility to ensure football at all levels prosper in Tassy. Having only a country comp to recruit from along the coast will eventually be the down fall of the SW clubs. The coast needs the NTFL to remain in exsistence. Where are SW clubs going to recruit their players from? How long will it be before some country clubs hit the wall from spending the money they are spending on some of the merchinaries that have their hand out?

Is it true that Ponsonby cant play with the bombers because he is living in the devonport zone and is under 19??????? How will Mccrossen get to training??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back