Preview NAB 1 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please have 10 late changes, last night I had a dream that Schulz did his ACL after a contest with mitch brown. My last two dreams about footy were having massive leads against carlton (round 23) and the final against Richmond at half time which came to be. Please not!

Please deactivate now

Can we please have 10 late changes, last night I had a dream that Schulz did his ACL after a contest with mitch brown. My last two dreams about footy were having massive leads against carlton (round 23) and the final against Richmond at half time which came to be. Please not!

1425541101519.gif

Both teams going in pretty strong so here's hoping for a quality game and no more injuries.
Anyone got any good food/drink/parking tips around Norwood Oval?
There's parking everywhere in the side streets but if you struggle then hit up the carpark at Webbe St. The rooftop there is free and usually an easy spot to find a park.

All along the parade, near the ground:
Burgers - Nordburger
Pub - Grace the Establishment mix of pub burgers and little trendy foods, The Colonist does good pub food in a nice old school place, The Bath hotel does good pizzas.
Restaurants - Cafe Bravo for pasta, couple nice thai restaurants along the parade as well
Dessert - Milkaholic, but only open certain times. (Kronuts are killer)

If you dont mind a trek the Old Kent Town pub has had a sensational reno, rooftop bar is killer and the jungle brazillian food is awesome.

To kick on after the Alma will probably be busy, but you'd be better off heading into the garden of unearthly delights/gluttony and the east end of town, or going all the way into Victoria square and the Royal Croquet Club, which is the place to be during the fringe.

Both teams going in pretty strong so here's hoping for a quality game and no more injuries.

Park near the Alma on Magill Rd or The Republic Hotel on cnr Magill Rd and Osmond Tce - actually park in their car park and walk 500m up either Sydneham Rd or Osmmond Tce respectively, to the northern entrance or another 200m to The Parade entrance. I'll park between the 2 pubs on the other side of Magill Road at a business. Don't try and find a park close to the Parade you will waste time doing laps.

The Alma's alright but might be packed. Havent been to The Republic for years. Cafe Palazzo on corner of north west corner of Osmond Tce and the Parade isnt bad - good pizza's. Walk east from that corner and you hit a pub - thinks its an Irish pub these days on the other corner. Walk south of Cafe Palazzo and the other corner you have a great 24 hour bakery. Used to visit it often when I worked a couple of hundred metres away in 2011-12.

This place for wonderfully indulgent burgers, miscellaneous American style stuff: http://www.americancupcakediner.com.au/ourcafe.html

Or if you're running late/on the cheap, the chicken shop on the Parade right by the oval is pretty decent.

REH's right, the faux-Irish pub on the corner of the Parade and Osmond Tce. is garbage.

REH's right, the faux-Irish pub on the corner of the Parade and Osmond Tce. is garbage.

Yeah when did that change? I always knew the pub as the Norwood Hotel and now they push the Osmond Terrace Function Centre part of pub after they did the extension 6 or 7 years ago when I was still living in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the renovations, it's become a hipsters wet dream

Does that mean the Hoff and O'Shizzy will be in there after the game?? ;)

Yes. I've never been there.
Been answered by REH and Coobk001

oh ok, last couple of pages has made me chuckle, as Norwood is literally 2 km east of the Adelaide CBD, however its like we're making out we're playing at an interstate venue that none of us has ever heard of

Thanks for that, its fairly close and hopefully there'll be spots left half an hour after gates open. (any personal experience mate?)
I usually park there and have never had a problem for any games at the oval. If it gets desperate the hoyts carpark costs money but is right next to it and would have spots. All depends on how far you want to walk too.

On the other note the Republic (formerly The Oriental) is as said above a full hipster bar. When it opened we asked them to put the footy on a tv but they said no we aren't a footy place and preceeded to leave the 1950's Disney cartoons playing on the big screen. Hopefully they've lightened up since then, but with the shit food they have there + that wanna be hipster feel, it ain't my cup of tea. It's also a fairly decent trek away.

I usually park there and have never had a problem for any games at the oval. If it gets desperate the hoyts carpark costs money but is right next to it and would have spots. All depends on how far you want to walk too.

On the other note the Republic (formerly The Oriental) is as said above a full hipster bar. When it opened we asked them to put the footy on a tv but they said no we aren't a footy place and preceeded to leave the 1950's Disney cartoons playing on the big screen. Hopefully they've lightened up since then, but with the shit food they have there + that wanna be hipster feel, it ain't my cup of tea. It's also a fairly decent trek away.
Definitely lightened up. The footy was on the tv for atleast all of the second half of last year.

Living on the eastern side of town I've been a few times. I'm no hipster, but it's far better than the Wankfest that is the Alma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NAB 1 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back