Autopsy NAB 3: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium - Saturday 1:10pm, 21 March

Who were your top 5 players?

• 2. Dylan Grimes

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 3. Brett Deledio

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • 4. Dustin Martin

Votes: 88 71.5%
  • 5. Brandon Ellis

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • 6. Shaun Grigg

Votes: 60 48.8%
  • 8. Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • 9. Trent Cotchin

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • 10. Shane Edwards

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • 11. Jake Batchelor (sub)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 12. David Astbury

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 14. Bachar Houli

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • 18. Alex Rance

Votes: 51 41.5%
  • 20. Ivan Maric

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 24. Ben Griffiths

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • 25. Troy Chaplin

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 27. Sam Lloyd (sub)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 28. Taylor Hunt

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • 29. Ty Vickery

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 30. Reece Conca

• 31. Nick Vlastuin

• 33. Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • 35. Ben Lennon

• 38. Steve Morris

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • 48. Kane Lambert

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just adding my thoughts:

1) North is a decent outfit. While obviously playing well enough to earn the "win" (whatever that means in these practice matches), North did not look a class above and the ultimate margin was probably about right.

2) Ball movement (by both teams) was pretty slick. I liked what I saw from the Tigers once they got it, especially Houli and Grigg.

3) North looked most convincing at the bounce and centre clearances when compared with us. We did not have enough players who could get their hands on it first and get the ball out. If we didn't have Miles in the cupboard I would be concerned. As it stands I think we are one quality inside mid short.

4) Our forward line is inefficient. Lloyd is efficient. I think he plays round one despite his deficiencies.

5) Sitting in the sun at Eticolonial Dome is pleasant and warm but you can't see sh!t.

Last edited:

Just adding my thoughts:

1) North is a decent outfit. While obviously playing well enough to earn the "win" (whatever that means in these practice matches), North did not look a class above and that the ultimate margin was probably about right.

2) Ball movement (by both teams) was pretty slick. I liked what I saw from the Tigers once they got it, especially Houli and Grigg.

3) North looked most convincing at the bounce and centre clearances when compared with us. We did not have enough players who could get their hands on it first and get the ball out. If we didn't have Miles in the cupboard I would be concerned. As it stands I think we are one quality inside mid short.

4) Our forward line is inefficient. Lloyd is efficient. I think he plays round one despite his deficiencies.

5) Sitting in the sun at Eticolonial Dome is pleasant and warm but you can't see sh!t.

I just sprained my brain getting my head around that dude.

Just adding my thoughts:

1) North is a decent outfit. While obviously playing well enough to earn the "win" (whatever that means in these practice matches), North did not look a class above and that the ultimate margin was probably about right.

Good comments.
I watched the game tv, which means I missed a lot of the important stuff.
How was our defensive running? And when we had the ball going forward, were our forwards leading in to space?

The boys competed well, which i am sure dimma would have enjoyed.
Negatives :-
Vickery - Well, he will be warming up the bench a lot this season if he doesn't improve
Forward structure - There is no potency, jack is the only one threatening. Griff dropped a few sitters which in season proper will burn us. Morris up forward - not sure about this one, jury still out.

Positives: - Mcintosh, Lloyd, griffiths. It was a good contest and we never allowed Norf to get away with the game.

Overall, the boys are in good shape and looking at 4-0 after 4 rounds....

he is a freak and really fit too. That is why I changed my mind. Allow jack to roam and keep Griffiths deep is how I would set up

Yep. You could nearly have Griffiths AND Vickery deep with Jack roaming, even attending centre bounces and roaming the half back line. He's like Dusty, the more you have him around the ball the better, and if he's fit enough to make it to more contests, get him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. You could nearly have Griffiths AND Vickery deep with Jack roaming, even attending centre bounces and roaming the half back line. He's like Dusty, the more you have him around the ball the better, and if he's fit enough to make it to more contests, get him there.

Agree. On tyrone he needs to lead away from Griffiths or jack. One thing that shits me about Tyrone he always leads into the space of another forward and brings his defender with him. In saying that, I still have faith that Vickery will have a good year. I would plonk him deep, say to him, if he leaves 10 meters from the goals he will be dropped.

Get Griffiths to hover 30-40 meters out of the goals and have jack roam the forward line to mid line.

Left side and it went 40 meters. It gave me a full wood, i have to say.

The Griff bump when he had the ball in the 50 gave me a full 12 inches

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NAB 3: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium - Saturday 1:10pm, 21 March

Back