Preview NAB Challenge Pies vs Hawks Thur 26th (thread closed - please move discussion to Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we'll win but really looking forwward to watching our 1-3 players. we have seven 1st round picks the last three years including Adam's. Time for these kids to pick it up..

Am I the only one here that loves the forward smarts that Dwyer brings to the team??
I really rate this kid for his footy nous.
If he could increase his tackling, I'd nearly have him in ever game in front of Blair.
He has pretty much the best inside 50 delivery in the team.

He has pretty much the best inside 50 delivery in the team.

This.
Going inside 50 the only player I would prefer the ball to be in his hands more than Dwyer is Pendles.
Hits up leading targets with pin point accuracy & is underrated on this board.

That's basically my thoughts also.
He sets up so many goals because he has footy smarts.
I'm sure he was one of our best in that area in 2013.
The kids got footy smarts, which is something I love to watch.
I would take Dwyer over Blair any day of the week. He is much more creative and damaging with ball in hand IMO

I would take Dwyer over Blair any day of the week. He is much more creative and damaging with ball in hand IMO
Hah, I remember last year Blair kicked a shit inside 50 to a man on the lead and it sailed over his head, then another one at the targets feet.
A couple of minutes later Dwyer kicked a perfectly weighted delivery on his targets chest.

I was yelling at the TV, "SEE BLAIR??? THATS HOW YOU KICK A ****ING BALL INSIDE 50!!!"

Hah, I remember last year Blair kicked a shit inside 50 to a man on the lead and it sailed over his head, then another one at the targets feet.
A couple of minutes later Dwyer kicked a perfectly weighted delivery on his targets chest.

I was yelling at the TV, "SEE BLAIR??? THATS HOW YOU KICK A ******* BALL INSIDE 50!!!"
Surely we wont be seeing Blair as a lock in the best 22 this year. If we do I will be jumping on the TG bandwagon and bagging bucks :)

Williams, Dwyer, Frost, Blair, Oxley all former rookies.

Maxwell, Wellingham, Harry O Lumumba also all former rookies.

Where a player is selected doesn't mean squat. You should know better than to judge a kid you clearly know nothing about based on him being a rookie.
Didn't say that couldn't make as a rookie but a rookie that hasn't debuted just tracking at senior level does give them good depth. Our depth for this match on Thursday is better than Hawthorns.

Should we call him ThatsHird or JamesGold. I have to laugh that he only picked one player out of my list as not depth:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: lol
I Didn't no that ThatsHird/Jamesgold was right and we are wrong that rookies are not allowed to be depth afl players when they are drafted to an afl list to try and play afl footy.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
red_up_arrow_106_22145640_std.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many more years do the club give him as we have a bunch of young guys under him now and someone has to get delisted each year

He's a bit like Thomas insomuch as they've both had injury issues but both need to show something this season or risk falling out of the squad. Ditto Fasolo and Seedsman.

I think Dwyer is overrated. Will be delisted by end of season.

EFA.

Quite the opposite, I think Dwyer is underrated by many. was clearly BOG against Carlton last season before he got hurt. Racked up over 20 possies in about a half of footy and was very damaging. Only issue I have with him is he seems a little fragile.

For mine Dwyer he has allot of class but can rack up 20 possessions and not get noticed. He'll find it hard to make it but I wouldn't put it past him.

What are the odds Browny tapped one of these skanks?

Young bull: let's run over there and tap one of those!
Old bull: let's walk over and tap the lot!

I also thin Dwyer is underrated. In a few games last season where guys needed to lift, he was one of few who did.

Not sure why he gets such a hiding from supporters, he does his job most weeks when needed. He was never recruited as an A-Grad list addition IMOIMO

Not really overly bothered by what the result is as long as we don't get smashed this Thursday night but I don't expect us to win however.

My main priorities for this game is to see how the kids perform and whether any of them could potentially challenge for the senior side in round 1, to see our new recruits on the track and to also have unfit players receive important match fitness.

Looking forward to getting a dose of footy this week but as long we have no injuries and we play competitive football in the right spirit then I'll be satisfied.

Pies paying $3.30 or 21.5 points start at $1.90.

Big overs.

Against a team that has 14 guys fronting up from their premiership last year and pantsed us by 11 goals the last time the two teams met?

We've never played at the ground before, our most experienced player is playing his first semi-competive game for the club and our forward 6 looks pedestrian. The one advantage we have is that we're a month further advanced training wise and I would be surprised if that's enough to see the two sides even out.

I'm hopeful that we're competitive for much of the match, but those odds definitely aren't overs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back