NAB Challenge - vs. Richmond @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're expecting a big crowd, will there be more locations around the ground for beer sales than there was at the VFL games last year? I hope so.

This is very important, as I hate queues, but I love beer.

haha Id hope so. the club was under prepared most games (maybe a good thing if crowds continually exceeded expectations) . especially for the wiliamstown game. I think I had 2 drinks then saw the line later and thought yeah nah no more for me

Sorry for the intrusion, but just wondering - who are you guys generally most looking forward to seeing on Saturday? So I have an idea of who to look out for. Will Hrovat be playing?

Sorry for the intrusion, but just wondering - who are you guys generally most looking forward to seeing on Saturday? So I have an idea of who to look out for. Will Hrovat be playing?
I think we're all anxious to see how Boyd straightens up our forward structure. Very few are expecting great feats from him this year but we're all very hopeful he'll at least make our structure more balanced in the forward 50. I'm also very keen to see how some of our fringe/development guys are going, such as Jong and Redpath.

Beveridge has said that we'll play our best available team so Hrovat should play.

Hrovat should play - it's his first proper pre-season.
Hunter is earmarked to play a HBF role which will be interesting
Forwardline will also be completely new compared to last year. Crammers won't play but there's Tom Boyd, the new Stringer after a massive preseason, Redpath and Caleb Daniel should be nipping at the heels. Bonti will float down there at times as well.
A few of us are interested in Talia & Hamling too - one of them must play round one so they are battling for a spot as tall defenders.

Is this match on Fox?

God, I hope so and damn you cricket season for clashing with this momentous event.
Yep this one and the third game I think, the one in Ballarat isn't.

Hi, I'm checking into this thread for the first time and haven't read all of it - do I need to buy a ticket? I've got my membership.

No one knows and won't until the day.

Most have bought one just in case.

FB- Wood-Roberts-Biggs
HB-Murphy-Talia-Hunter
C- Bontempeilli-Jong-Macrae
HF-Daniel-Redpath- Dahlhaus
FF- Grant- T. Boyd- Stringer
OB- Cordy-Libba-Wallis

INT- Hrovat-Dale-McLean-Stevens-Darley-Hamling
Sub- M.Boyd-Dickson

First game I'd like to see some of the older heads to be left out so we can assess where some of these kids are at and play them as the season gets closer. This is going off reports of training for positions like ruck etc. Hunter has been training off half back so I have him there. There are very talented users on the half forward line (McLean & Daniel) without him there actually so I can see what Bev is thinking by putting him in the backline and seeing how it goes.

I feel as if at one stage or another Daniel and McLean will combine for something magical that will make our jaws hit the ground. They are afterall two human highlight reels

Personally looking forward to seeing the new gameplan in action more-so than any players. But I'll keep an eye On T.Boyd, Redpath, Jong and the new midget Caleb Daniel.

Hunter has decent ball use so I'd say that's why he's been marked for a spot back there, just have to hope he will be more accountable than Higgins. Not exactly keen to see a small defender make a mark of the year attempt out of most opposition forward 50 entries though.... :p

Hunter has decent ball use so I'd say that's why he's been marked for a spot back there, just have to hope he will be more accountable than Higgins. Not exactly keen to see a small defender make a mark of the year attempt out of most opposition forward 50 entries though.... :p
Love Hunter. Will be a great player. Kicking, however, isn't his strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Hunter. Will be a great player. Kicking, however, isn't his strength.
His decision making is usually very good, in a few games he made some very good choices by foot in the backline and got to the right spots afterwards
but his one on one defending wasn't real inspiring, so I wonder how much he will be played in the backline for his first time

Hi, I'm checking into this thread for the first time and haven't read all of it - do I need to buy a ticket? I've got my membership.

I don't want to hear one complaint on here from anyone that turns up on the day without booking a ticket in advance and doesn't get in.

You have had plenty of warning that this game may sellout.

Just bought my ticket.

Looking forward to lunch at China Bar in the city and then catching up with El Scraggo (who promises to keep his pants on if
the dogs win) and Coach Dread.

I don't want to hear one complaint on here from anyone that turns up on the day without booking a ticket in advance and doesn't get in.

You have had plenty of warning that this game may sellout.

Amen.

You can almost hear the fools calling the soapbox on SEN next week sooking it up a treat.

You want to go - buy a ticket. Simple.

I know it's pathetic. I know it's for no points against a team fielding a young side. And I know it's a practice match.

But I hope we heck them over by 25 goals...

My concern is the opposite. We go in close to full strength and get belted.

All that goodwill and optimism shot to pieces in one fell swoop in February.

My concern is the opposite. We go in close to full strength and get belted.

All that goodwill and optimism shot to pieces in one fell swoop in February.
Don't care if we lose but man for man our kids are 10 times better than theirs. I've said it repeatedly, but the Richmond and North Melbourne rebuilds have been diabolical. Richmond are getting to their prime age wise and, IMO are miles from it.

Have yet to see us play at WO since R21 in 1997 vs WCE, after 25 years of watching games there up to that point.

Watched lots of significant games there, Neil Sachse's tragic injury, Templeton's 15, Beasley's 2 x 12 and 1 x 11, Gubby Allan's kick across goal, beating Essendon in 85, Dougie break EJ's record, Chris Grant's first game, Terry Wallace's jaw re-arranged by Grinter.

Now, I have my ticket for Saturday, and I'M VERY EXCITED!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back