Remove this Banner Ad

Bachar_Houli

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 10, 2007
hEAVEN
AFL Club
Essendon
What will be your best 22. Do u think we should play mal, lloyd, lucas and fletcher or just play our youngsters? I have no idea if we will leave anyone out or not. That is y i created this thread. What do u think the 22 will look like?

I'll go for a young side...

B: Slattery Lee Myers
HB: Nash Johns Lovett-Murray
C: Dempsey Watson Stanton
HF: McPhee Gumby Lovett
F: Davey Neagle Laycock
R: Ryder Licker Jetta
Inter: Rama Dyson Hislop D**k Houli Chartres

That was pretty tough.

I'd go in with a near full strength side, only leaving guys out with injury clouds over them.

There's nothing that's going to benefit the group more than getting a few wins under their belt and in addition, it'll give us more practuce in playing under Knights' new gameplan.

Experienced side....

B: Ryder Michael McVeigh
HB: Nash Fletcher Lovett-Murray
HF: Lovett Lucas McPhee
F: Davey Lloyd Hille
R: Laycock J. Johnson Licker
Inter: Hocking Jetta Slattery Monfries Gumby Houli

I think during the NAB cup we have to get a few things sorted before the season proper starts:

-Get a 3 tall forward structure working properly.

-Getting our rucking partnership working as a unit that means Hille and Laycock both play.

- Johns should get a chance to show what he can do at full back.

So my team is:

McVeigh Johns Hislop
Nash Ryder Lovett-Murray
Winderlich Watson Dempsey
McPhee Gumbleton Lucas
Jetta Lloyd Davey
Laycock Stanton Slattery (tagging)
Hille Houli Hocking Reimers

I think during the NAB cup we have to get a few things sorted before the season proper starts:

-Getting our rucking partnership working as a unit that means Hille and Laycock both play.

So my team is:

McVeigh Johns Hislop
Nash Ryder Lovett-Murray
McPhee Gumbleton Lucas
Jetta Lloyd Davey

Don't know how much I agree with the whole team, don't know enough, but glad to see Houli and Hocking both getting games considering the comments Knights made about player fitness and their strong off season running records.

NAB cup is for testing out youngsters IMO, i would go in like this

Hislop Lee Slattery

Nash Ryder Pears

Monfries Watson Dempsey

Mcphee Lucas Gumbleton

Davey Lloyd Jetta

Laycock Stanton Lovett

int: Neagle Houli Lovett-Murray Hocking Reimers Myers

Emerg: Magin Johns Daniher

something was telling me that there was 6 allowed on the bech in NAB cup, feel free to correct me though. I think that Fletch, Mal, Mcveigh, Hille ( Ryder to back up Laycock) and Rama should all be rested in order to be fit for round 1.

I'll go for a young side...

B: Slattery Lee Myers
HB: Nash Johns Lovett-Murray
HF: McPhee Gumby Lovett
F: Davey Neagle Laycock
R: Ryder Licker Jetta
Inter: Rama Dyson Hislop D**k Houli Chartres

That was pretty tough.
Aren't they rookies? Are rookies eligible to play NAB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Pretty sure rookies can play in the Wizard Cup, maybe somone can confirm this.....

I just read in the PSD thread where someone mentioned Atkinson, I think, for the NAB so there you go. Completely unawarely of this but why not.

I agree Stants will one day be a leader of the club. Wizard Cup would be a good experience for him. :thumbsu:

The number 5 didn't hurt.

you'd give it to stants wouldn't ya i think one day he will be a future leader so why not give it to him, rama is old
like what aussie cricket team did giving clarkie the leadership for a game

Rama's not old, and i think that he would be a better leader than stants at this point in time, but maybe stants will mature and take over the captaincy after lloyd retires as some of you are suggesting.

I would be almost be tempted to tip that Myers will be the next captain of the club if lloyd plays on for another 4 or 5 years, big call but this kid is a natural leader.

Rama's not old, and i think that he would be a better leader than stants at this point in time, but maybe stants will mature and take over the captaincy after lloyd retires as some of you are suggesting.

I would be almost be tempted to tip that Myers will be the next captain of the club if lloyd plays on for another 4 or 5 years, big call but this kid is a natural leader.
yes i agree that rama would probly be a better leader at this point in tine but stants will IMO take the reins after lloyd and this would be a great way to have him get a taste of leading the bombers and would therefor help us down the track

i read an article a few weeks back that said they may be exstending the bench to 8 instead of 6 i think it was suggested by paul roos personaly i think it is to many

So my team is:

McVeigh Johns Hislop
Nash Ryder Lovett-Murray
McPhee Gumbleton Lucas
Jetta Lloyd Davey

I'm in firm agreeance with your first two points but I slightly disagree with your views in regard to Johns.

As far as I'm concerned, Mal Michael has a strong place in our back 6 and whilst he will have to be replaced in the near future, I don't think we should be looking for Courtney to directly replace him next season.

I'd rather see Johns get a chance to play CHB alongside Fletcher and Michael. These leaves Patrick Ryder freed up and I'd like to see him used in floating role on a wing whilst also reliveing Scott Gumbleton at CHF and, if required, playing as a ruckman. He could also be used to free Dustin Fletcher up. In playing as a pure utility, Paddy can learn a variety of roles and we can use his skills all around the ground.

I'm in firm agreeance with your first two points but I slightly disagree with your views in regard to Johns.

As far as I'm concerned, Mal Michael has a strong place in our back 6 and whilst he will have to be replaced in the near future, I don't think we should be looking for Courtney to directly replace him next season.

I'd rather see Johns get a chance to play CHB alongside Fletcher and Michael. These leaves Patrick Ryder freed up and I'd like to see him used in floating role on a wing whilst also reliveing Scott Gumbleton at CHF and, if required, playing as a ruckman. He could also be used to free Dustin Fletcher up. In playing as a pure utility, Paddy can learn a variety of roles and we can use his skills all around the ground.
That would be ideal but I see Johns as more of a Merret style FB. I am just unsure whether he has the tank for CHB.

Everyone 23 or younger.

B: Daniher Pears Slattery
HB: Hislop Ryder Winderlich
C: Dempsey Stanton Nash
HF: Reimers Gumbleton Jetta
F: Davey Neagle Watson
R: Laycock Myers Monfries
I: Bellchambers Houli Williams Hocking

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. I think we should give quite a few youngsters a go, but not go too over the top with it and field a whole team of youngsters.

B: NLM Michael Slattery
HB: Dempsey Ryder Nash
C: Myers Stanton Lovett
HF: McPhee Gumbleton Jetta
F: Davey Lloyd Neagle
R: Laycock Monfries Winderlich
I: Hislop Houli Watson Hocking Reimers Hille

B: H.HOCKING C.JOHNS J.NASH
HB:N.L-M P.RYDER C.DEMPSEY
C: D.MYERS J.WATSON J.WINDERLICH
HF:A.LOVETT S.GUMBLTON M.McVEIGH
F:J.NEAGLE M.LLOYD A.DAVEY