NAB Cup Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure it's a different style - perhaps just more enthusiasm

I'm basically watching those two as well - along with Hitchcock

I'd just like to see that if you get thumped - someone like Westhoff can still manage 60. I got burnt last year by Pearce who was either 100 or 30

They're running both ways and attacking the ball carrier instead of zoning off. It's definitely a different style.

There's also a bit of Pagan's Paddock about the forward set up at times. All these things I'm sure are Laidley's influence.

I wonder how many will have the balls to pick someone like Westhoff, he is an awkward price.

Showed enough in his first two games to earn a week off
Aparantly the eagles will be playing a full side in week 4 of pre season, so wait to see if he is included in that team

That's a good point actually, I would imagine that most of the teams would play close to their best 22 in week 4.

Anyone else not receive their fantasy freako newsletter???? I thought it was meant to come out on wednesday but seems no dice... :(

My email is empty...

EDIT: okay just realised that maybe it wasn't emailed out and you have to go to their site...

Anyone else not receive their fantasy freako newsletter???? I thought it was meant to come out on wednesday but seems no dice... :(

My email is empty...

EDIT: okay just realised that maybe it wasn't emailed out and you have to go to their site...

it was emailed out as I received it.

try subscribing with your email address again (or a different one)

Last night was the first chance we've had to check out Robbie Gray for the year, and I have to say that while he is an obvious talent, he's going to let people down from a DT point of view.

Made excellent position at the ruck stoppages and got first hands on the ball as often as any other player, but was invariably swamped and forced to handball. Ended the game with a kick-to-handball ratio of 0.5:1 and didn't take a single mark. His score was buoyed by 5 tackles and 2 goals, I'm not sure whether that kind of output can be relied upon though.

Personally I think there are better options based on what I saw last night.

Does anyone know if higgins only played the second half? I only got to see the last quarter and I heard Bryce say higgins was everywhere when he came on in the second half. Can anyone confirm this?

Last night was the first chance we've had to check out Robbie Gray for the year, and I have to say that while he is an obvious talent, he's going to let people down from a DT point of view.

Made excellent position at the ruck stoppages and got first hands on the ball as often as any other player, but was invariably swamped and forced to handball. Ended the game with a kick-to-handball ratio of 0.5:1 and didn't take a single mark. His score was buoyed by 5 tackles and 2 goals, I'm not sure whether that kind of output can be relied upon though.

I was thinking a similar thing. In the past season or two he has been playing as a medium lead up forward hence getting most of his points from marks and kicks. With his move more into the midfield he is not going to be getting more marks and kicks and although probably be getting more disposals they may be close in handballs.

I could see his move into the midfield being a slight increase in his average but not as much as everyone has been saying. Be interesting to see. Plus Port are notorious downhill skiers where he will be getting pretty low scores unless he goes against what happens to most port players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DT scores for St Kilda - Fremantle are up in DT live scoring:

stfreo-1.jpg

Considering he played half the game up forward (and will play there in the regular season) I'd expect goals to be in his output.

Given Port's tackle count this pre-season I can't see why he can't maintain 3-4 a game and his 83 in a shortened game perhaps equates to about 90 in 20 minute quarters. And as you mentioned, this was scored without a single mark, which is unlikely to occur every game.

Not sure what's wrong with this for a 320k player.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back