NAB Cup Round 1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a few good signs from Jesse O'Brien, good strong mark which resulted in him going back and kicking his first goal. He did a nice strong tackle along the boundary line, cant remember who he tackled but was easily twice his size. Theres something about him, hope he continues to improve!

There was a few good signs from Jesse O'Brien, good strong mark which resulted in him going back and kicking his first goal. He did a nice strong tackle along the boundary line, cant remember who he tackled but was easily twice his size. Theres something about him, hope he continues to improve!

Looks like Nigel Lappin if you squint. :D

Praise the Lord for FWF - friends with foxtel. We was robbed. Stupid rule & bad luck. All credit to the team for a fine effort. My impressions.

Redden - star in the making. Outstanding football brain & Black clone in picking the right option. Conditions hindered the skills & nearly got us over the line. Top shelf midfielder.

Rockliffe. Almost as above, but will play a lot of football for us. Natural footballer.

Polkinghorne. Strong. Definately in our best 22.

O'Brien. Surprising strength for a skinny kid.

A-Corn. Did the job, but would have loved to see him get a run up forward.

Buchanon - good bench player. Has impact, but I can't see him running our a whole game in the real deal.

TJ - in all our talk of a half back ball dispenser he has not been mentioned, but did the job.

Charmo - Sherman's goal in the 2nd was directly from Jamie's ground level physical agression. No one else brings that to the table.

Luenberger - showed signs of his class, & is obviously the future.

Merrett. Caught out on line ball decisions a couple of times. Conditions dictated he would have a lineball game, but I would not be with out the Rusty fist. Composed with ball in hand.

Collier - Have never subscribed to the Collier love around. Has no over head game. Has no positional or opponent awareness. Turned the ball over every touch he had. Cost us the game. If he is in our best 22, we will win jackshit. ( This opinion is not formed on 1 game, just reinforced.)

All in all I am stoked. Just pissed off we are not on TV next round. And the jumper - the Hawks & Tigers were not real flash either, but they are just pre-season cartoons. We are stuck with the paddlepop all year.

Haha its also been mentioned that Mitch Golby looks like Voss. Could it be a team full of Premiership doppelgangers! If they play just as good Im happy!:D

I know it wasnt ideal conditions but I thought Staker was woeful.

Thought he had reasonable presence around CHF early on. His ball use was terrible but so were the conditions.

I've been as harsh as anyone on Staker but I wont be judging him on today.

Will go better as a third tall with Brown and Fev drawing the heat.

thats why i said i know it wasnt ideal conditions...i did think he started with some confidence which was good...but from then on he just looked...err soft!!

heres hoping he can turn it around

full marks to the pint sized buchaneer buchanon....very promising..he went at it with lots of vigour and determination...early days...but i like what i see!!

even going to put him in my supercoach side!!!

Regardless of the result today, I was really looking forward to seeing how the team would go without our premiership hero's.......and Im glad to say that our future looks bright :thumbsu:

Go Lions!

The second Southport game was yet to be confirmed by the AFL as of Friday afternoon, however I believe that it will now be locked in for us to play there.

My contact at the AFL said on Friday that the second game would have the final decision made basically by the Lions. She said there was a chance the Lions may want their last game played in Melbourne, considering that if Carlton roll the Swans, then I believe that we play in Sydney fior the second week.

Ugh... well... Come on Blues!!!

I feel dirty now. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, got down to the game today and had a look. Have to admit didn't pay that much attention and all the young players threw me a bit. The guys I did identify: was really impressed with Rockliff and Banfield and thought Austin showed a bit. Charman looked alright but didn't seem to have full confidence in his body. Buchanan was lively. Brennan was good but - I don't know if it was the wet or what, but his ball drop was rubbish and it hurt his kicking something shocking.

The other thing was Staker - is he going to play CHF permanently? Or is Mitch Clark going to do it H&A?

I don't think Brennan's ball drop affected his kicking. He always has that drop and is quite a neat kick. I'd say the conditions were the reason.

The other thing was Staker - is he going to play CHF permanently? Or is Mitch Clark going to do it H&A?

0,5001,6000130,00.jpg

Hi all, first time poster

I watched today's game and saw a redhead in the clinches on his knees trying to win the footy. Was that banfield or harwood? And are they a chance to get any games this year?

Cheers

Hi all, first time poster

I watched today's game and saw a redhead in the clinches on his knees trying to win the footy. Was that banfield or harwood? And are they a chance to get any games this year?

Cheers

The one who looked like a dog with a chew toy and just wouldn't give it up?

90% sure that was Banfield.

100% sure it was something I want to see more of.

Also, welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Round 1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back