Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Who is due for a rest this week?

Bucks indicated Nate Brown and Goldsack should both play.

Reid definite out.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Collingwood Squad – NAB Cup Round Three
2. Jordan Russell
3. Brent Macaffer
5. Nick Maxwell
6. Tyson Goldsack
8. Harry O'Brien
9. Marty Clarke
11. Jarryd Blair
14. Clinton Young
15. Jarrod Witts
16. Nathan Brown
17. Dayne Beams
18. Darren Jolly
21. Quinten Lynch
22. Steele Sidebottom
24. Josh Thomas
26. Ben Johnson
27. Ben Kennedy
28. Ben Sinclair
37. Kyle Martin*
38. Peter Yagmoor*
39. Heath Shaw
40. Paul Seedsman
41. Sam Dwyer*
43. Adam Oxley*
45. Jack Frost*
46. Marley Williams
48. Caolan Mooney*
*Denotes rookies

Squad added for ease of reference. Thanks Igniter :thumbsu:

Kennedy is fit and hasn't had a run yet, so he'll probably play also. I also expect Williams, Beams, Johnson, Krak, Young, Macaffer - the guys who didn't play against WCE to come back into the team.

The senior guys who have played 2 full games already and aren't structural - Harry, Shaw, Blair, will probably have a spell.

I'd like to see Luke Ball get a run.

Leave Sinclair out, I don't think he's going to get there. He looked like he was trending up after a rough start, but then after he got injured, he just reverted back.

Once Krak, Dids and Fas are back, I don't see how Sinclair even remotely gets a sniff. Especially with Elliott forcing his way in now.

Surely Big Jols returns this week, he's has a week off, no need to rest him again until the season starts even if we make the NAB Cup final. You'd think some of our youngsters might get a rest off the back of a six day break, and I'd be shocked if all of Swan, Pendles, Shaw and Cloke played.

Caff should come back too, I'm hoping to see Fasolo and Nathan Brown also.

Round 3 preview;

http://sportsmatt.wordpress.com/201...ound-3-collingwood-vs-brisbane-match-preview/

Enjoy.:)

Surely Big Jols returns this week, he's has a week off, no need to rest him again until the season starts even if we make the NAB Cup final. You'd think some of our youngsters might get a rest off the back of a six day break, and I'd be shocked if all of Swan, Pendles, Shaw and Cloke played.

Round 3 preview;

http://sportsmatt.wordpress.com/201...ound-3-collingwood-vs-brisbane-match-preview/

Nice summary.

Credit also to Mr Ripper for the image with Daniel Rich front and centre.

Anyone who has played two games should get a rest. Care if we win or lose its time to get ready for round one. So many spots up for grabs we need to have a look at everyone. The only players to keep playing are Cloke Q and Witts. The forwards need to play as much together as possible and lets see how Witts and Jolly go in the same side. Better to try it now then during the season.

Round 3 preview;

Good job Matty. I think Drummond has retired though.

Good job Matty. I think Drummond has retired though.
Haha, what a mistake:oops: , of course he's retired, must have been thinking of someone else and wrote his name in.

Round 3 preview;

You're awesome the way you do this. Thankyou :)

I want to see Ball, Jolly, Fasolo, Krakouer, Beams, Young, and Brown come in. Happy for this to be at the expense of blokes like Hudson (he won't mind keeping Witts in to support Jolly for his development), and a few senior players like a couple of Shaw, Pendles, Reid (obviously), etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxwell Brown Johnson
Russell Frost Williams
Young Beams Clarke
Fasalo Lynch Krak
Elliot Cloke MacCaffer
Jolly J Thomas Pendles
Sinclair Dwyer Martin Mooney Goldsack Witts

Resting Harry, Shaw,Swan, Toovey, Sidey, Seedsman, Blair

Injured (Top 22 or near) Reid Ball D Thomas Didak Keefe Paine

Would like to fit in Kennedy but want to play all the near top 22's likie Sinclair Elliot etc plus all those vying for the last Rookie upgrade as thet decision has to be made shortly Mooney, Frost Dwyer and Martin.

I hope they give Kennedy a run this weekend. Seeing Ball line up if he is ready would be nice too.
Also mattys you've written Billy Younger instead of Longer near the top of your preview, its right further down though.

I'd like to see Luke Ball get a run.

Leave Sinclair out, I don't think he's going to get there. He looked like he was trending up after a rough start, but then after he got injured, he just reverted back.

Once Krak, Dids and Fas are back, I don't see how Sinclair even remotely gets a sniff. Especially with Elliott forcing his way in now.

I thought Sinkers actually played alright last weekend... Was one of the reasons we managed to get so much pressure on the ball carrier in our forward line.

Collingwood Squad – NAB Cup Round Three
Jordan Russell
3. Brent Macaffer
5. Nick Maxwell
6. Tyson Goldsack
8. Harry O'Brien
9. Marty Clarke
11. Jarryd Blair
14. Clinton Young
15. Jarrod Witts
16. Nathan Brown
17. Dayne Beams