Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot see main games going off free to air, simply Foxtel show the games no one really watched and free to air don't really want to televise. Seven have a bigger budget for footy compared with Foxtel. Also it is not in the AFL's interest to remove from free to air because they would loose allot of viewers
If the AFL got a big enough sweetner from Foxtel they would drop the viewers in half a breath. Proven track record of shafting fans for corporate interests over many years.

I can't imagine that's as difficult as it appears - Channel 7 does a bang up shit job showing it in SD in 2014. And I'm sure their cameramen aren't full time so the AFL could poach/em work something out. My dad's eyes moisten when I tell him all about the wonder that is NFL gamepass. Now I'm sure there are a lot of propriety things in there but surely the AFL could buy/rent the software and just plug in the AFL footage. But you watch if they ever do go down this road I bet you they stick with Telstra... useless Syds.

I meant it more as something they won't implement now because of all the deals they have in place, not to mention it is much more convenient for the AFL to let 7 and Foxtel to duke it out for the rights. 10 to 20 years from now it might not be the case anymore.

I cannot see main games going off free to air, simply Foxtel show the games no one really watched and free to air don't really want to televise. Seven have a bigger budget for footy compared with Foxtel. Also it is not in the AFL's interest to remove from free to air because they would loose allot of viewers
Australia is one of the few countries with free to air left. Most other countries have pay tv as a way of life now. I am not saying this is going to happen soon, but in reality Foxtel are positioning themselves to have a monopoly on all of TV in Australia, including the AFL. The AFL will be on free to air as long as possible because the AFL knows it is better off having both. But down the line when Foxtel has all the infrastructure and free to air is failing, it might be a different story.

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”
— Adolf Hitler

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”
— Adolf Hitler
Very true, though another quote from the other side of the coin proves the counterpoint.

"Let them eat cake" - Marie Antionette

Just before the French monarchy were overthrown and brutally murdered.

Once the common man awakes and sees he not only has no chance in life but understands that his children and their children will have no chance in life he or she undergoes a metamorphisis just like a grasshopper into a locust.

Take away hope and you create a situation with a nothing to lose scenario, Marie and her Luois had the might of the French army and the entire backing of the Catholoic church behind them. The raging revolutionist simply ignored the gunfire, swords and bayonettes and threw themselves bodily at the barricades. Thousands went down but more kept coming, an irresistable flood tide.

The barricades went down and the entire French royal family were put to the sword and much of the supporting aristocracy were put on trial.

You can steal a people's rights and their money but steal their hope at the price of your own survival.

Very true, though another quote from the other side of the coin proves the counterpoint.

"Let them eat cake" - Marie Antionette

Just before the French monarchy were overthrown and brutally murdered.

Once the common man awakes and sees he not only has no chance in life but understands that his children and their children will have no chance in life he or she undergoes a metamorphisis just like a grasshopper into a locust.

Take away hope and you create a situation with a nothing to lose scenario, Marie and her Luois had the might of the French army and the entire backing of the Catholoic church behind them. The raging revolutionist simply ignored the gunfire, swords and bayonettes and threw themselves bodily at the barricades. Thousands went down but more kept coming, an irresistable flood tide.

The barricades went down and the entire French royal family were put to the sword and much of the supporting aristocracy were put on trial.

You can steal a people's rights and their money but steal their hope at the price of your own survival.

I don't know which is more thrilling - the possibility of footy revolution, or the game tonight. Either way, can't wait - even if I'll only be listening on the radio.

I don't know which is more thrilling - the possibility of footy revolution, or the game tonight. Either way, can't wait - even if I'll only be listening on the radio.
I can just picture Eddie leading the mob to the gates of AFL house, torch in hand and leading the chanting of "GIVE US BACK OUR FOOTY!!!!!!!!"

Seriously though soooo good to have footy back GO PIES!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problems with Pendles starting as the sub, we will bring him on before half time anyway as you can reset the subs (choose two other players) at half time.

I'm more disappointed that Marsh is the sub, but we'll get to see plenty of him too I reckon.

We should utilise both subs for at least half a game each. Pendles and Marsh sub on at quarter time. Reset the subs at halftime then sub whomever at 3rd quarter time.

Regarding the TV rights, I get the feeling the AFL might try to broadcast their own games via pay for view online streaming. I wouldn't think it will be all games but a game or 2 to start. It has been mooted already that the AFL are investigating this quite thoroughly.

Where's the pregame shit for the game?
All the radio stations on AM are talking about cricket and other shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB R1 v Geelong @SS, Wed Feb 12 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back