Naitanui Will Be AFL's Best

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was the TAB, my odds would be dictated by how much money was outlayed.

It's pretty hard to frame a market for a bet you could be paying out on 10 years down the track. You'd really have to do it on a year-by-year basis.

Either way, none of this indicates that "it's clear he's going to finish with a Brownlow or two". I can't believe anyone is actually suggesting that's a foregone conclusion. More stupid shit on BigFooty.
That first line is all well and good, but as someone with some experience in this field, that doesn't help you when you have to frame the market before any money comes in the first place. You can only set odds based on what's coming after you've already taken bets, so you have to take a few risks initially.

There's no reason you couldn't do it for something ten years down the track. I personally don't see the point in it because no one would ever back the 'no' option knowing that they'd have to wait for his career to end before ever getting paid out, but that being said, every outcome has its price.

Hyperbole not allowed on bigfooty?

Those mods are freaking Nazi. ;)

Don't get me wrong though, Naitanui should have a very decorated career but you can't be completely certain about too much with footy. I would've thought that was obvious.

Thats when you know your famous.

Serious question.. is he in line for an AA jumper??? consistant Essendon type performances and I dont see why not. Other then Sandilands what other ruckman has started the season as well or better?

Serious question.. is he in line for an AA jumper??? consistant Essendon type performances and I dont see why not. Other then Sandilands what other ruckman has started the season as well or better?

Team of the week: round four

By Matt Burgan 7:19 AM Tue 20 April, 2010
B: Heath Shaw (Collingwood), Kelvin Moore (Richmond), Beau Waters (West Coast Eagles)

HB: Andrew Walker (Carlton), Harry Taylor (Geelong Cats), Josh Drummond (Brisbane Lions)

C: Jared Brennan (Brisbane Lions), Brent Moloney (Melbourne), Daniel Hannebery (Sydney Swans)

HF: Brendon Goddard (St Kilda), Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle), Colin Sylvia (Melbourne)

F: Stephen Milne (St Kilda), Daniel Bradshaw (Sydney Swans), Steve Johnson (Geelong Cats)

FOLL: Nic Naitanui (West Coast Eagles), Chris Judd (Carlton), Gary Ablett (Geelong Cats)

I/C: Steele Sidebottom (Collingwood), Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda), James Podsiadly (Geelong Cats), Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle)

I seriously cannot wait until we play Melbounre and this kid absolutly rippes it apart:D:thumbsu:

He's equal 18th favourite for the Brownlow which suggests he should be around the mark.

The thing is, AA selection is a joke and you have to pay your dues before you can get selected. There's no way he'll make it, IMO.

Whilst that is true Jimmy, it is also a joke because they put players in who are unfairly hyped up. Mooney/Maxwell.

Besides they owe us one for last years debacle.

^^ That team selection is almost worth the red card for starting a thread on the Freo board and posting the link.

Whilst that is true Jimmy, it is also a joke because they put players in who are unfairly hyped up. Mooney/Maxwell.

Besides they owe us one for last years debacle.

^^ That team selection is almost worth the red card for starting a thread on the Freo board and posting the link.

I'll do it for you...for the lulz...because honestly Burgans on the crack :D

haha cheers!

The new reverse troll! hehe

I will go watch the fallout with glee. :thumbsu:

Honestly think Naita is something out of the box, but you have to wonder how 13 possessions and 17 hitouts gets you the lead ruck...other than hype

Jamar has been playing good footy... on the weekend he helped ruck his team to victory with 34 hitouts

Honestly think Naita is something out of the box, but you have to wonder how 13 possessions and 17 hitouts gets you the lead ruck...other than hype

Jamar has been playing good footy... on the weekend he helped ruck his team to victory with 34 hitouts

It is the quality of his possessions that makes him so good. He gets clearances, and uses his strength and speed to break tackles and lines ala Judd/Goodes etc and 13 of his possessions are worth more than 400 of Jamar or any other Dinosaur's possessions.

I often question how much a hitout is really worth. I bet of Jamars 34 hitouts no more than 6 were to advantage, how many to disadvantage, i.e. how many straight down the throat of the opposition?

The game is involving and so are ruckmen, you need to be able to do more than win a hitout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he won the match for his team Lach, almost single handedly. There is no such thing as overhype with Naita. If you think he can do it, he most probably can. What ruckman have you seen take a bounce running away from a midfielder?

Lets look at who Jamar was competing with....Simmonds, Troy Simmonds!
NicNat was competing against Hille and Ryder.

Lets not forget that Jamar had the whole game to ruck where as NicNat had less than half of that time in the ruck to pick up 17 hit outs. If you watched the game than you would have known NicNat's influence was massive.

Do you reckon Jamar would have got 34 hit outs against Hille and Ryder?

Does anyone think his long term future will be as a forward? Not that he can't be a great Ruckman but having seen his kicking improve in such a short time, he'd be basically unstoppable once he can lead and mark.

Lets not forget that Jamar had the whole game to ruck where as NicNat had less than half of that time in the ruck to pick up 17 hit outs. If you watched the game than you would have known NicNat's influence was massive.

correct. Only 3 players had less time on ground then Naitanui yet he was still judged best on ground by Worsfold and Knights such was his impact.

Does anyone think his long term future will be as a forward? Not that he can't be a great Ruckman but having seen his kicking improve in such a short time, he'd be basically unstoppable once he can lead and mark.

He's got a lot of work to do on his marking, still dropping too many easy marks at the moment

Jamar is actualy 3rd in the competition for total hitouts and hitouts to advantage. 3rd for clearances. 1st for tackles. 1st for disposal efficiency. 3rd for average disposals.

I'd say he is arguably having a better season then Nat

Jamar is actualy 3rd in the competition for total hitouts and hitouts to advantage. 3rd for clearances. 1st for tackles. 1st for disposal efficiency. 3rd for average disposals.

I'd say he is arguably having a better season then Nat
Okay, let's ask Melbourne fans if they'd like to swap Jamar for NicNat then, not sure there'll be too many objectors.

He's got a lot of work to do on his marking, still dropping too many easy marks at the moment

I laughed on the weekend - he's a tad like Setanta - he makes the impossible easy and the easy impossible

Dropped a simple mark in the last quarter on the wing - but then he goes and takes screamers. His ball touch is great (pun intended) so i think his marking should improve.

I'd just like to see him work more on his bordywork - i remember a couple of times clearly Merrett outbodied him too easily in Rd 1. That's to be expected of a 19 year old - but defiinitely room for improvement which is super exciting.

Me either, but that trade would be based on Naitanui's upside compared to Jamars and the AA team shouldn't take upside into account.
Maybe not, but I think if you posed the question another way and said who would you have for just this season, the answer would probably still be the same. Moot point though I guess.

This Jamar talk is just a joke. Look at what he has rucked against:

Hawks-Renouf
Collingwood- Fraser and Jolly- both have been terrible this year and fraser has always been imo.
Adelaide- Don't know who their ruckmen are? Maric? Tippet?
Tigers-Simmonds, Vickery

So Jamar in reality has done well against one ruckman in bad form being Jolly.

In comparison NN has been up against much better opposition.

Brisbane- Clark and Leunberger
Port- Brogan
NM- Hamsih Mcintosh
Essendon- Hille and ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

Naitanui Will Be AFL's Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back