Name the KPF/KPD you'd like us to get with our first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I do understand the love for Marsh. Tall and fast. But the kid kick 16 goals 37 behinds in WAFL colts, and his field kicking isn't great either. The kid wants to play midfielder and isn't a true a key forward who can take a pack mark.

Remember moneyball, look at the stats and impact on a game (ie scoring involvements) than a good looking kid who fast and tall. Remember, that Barlow was over looked due to a funny kicking style and running gate.

I agree with you about Acres. If the recruiting team has a choice between what they think is a speculative key position player or a player they think will be a gun midfielder I hope we go with a gun midfielder with our first pick and then two speculative key position players with our next two picks. Acres is also a 190cm mid and his addition to our list would add further depth to our growing list of tall mids. I know the attention on our site has focused on recruiting key position players, but on the other big footy club sites plenty of fan what more tall mids to match teams like the Dockers. This draft is very thin on talls with only three kp's players in what appears to be the top 20 talented players in the draft. Why not add to what is slowly becoming a team of athletic tall, athletic mids, who can dominate at clearances and also outrun the opposition. To me Acres still fills a need if we want to dominate outher teams midfields.

Well said - but myself I think Marsh over Acres - they're both great players, but I think Marsh will be good enough to play both in the midfield and in the forward line whereas Acres is more of a pure mid to my mind (Morra is 192, jack-rabbit quick and plays as a mid - Marsh is 193, possibly even quicker and plays as if he's a mid. Yes I'm biased, I like my Mids either big or quick... Marsh is both.) :)

9 foot+ and single or GTFO

Sorry to break it to you but there has been a bit of break through in board design and this thing called a thruster has been invented with quads also making a bit of a revolution. :) Although prob the only way to surf Perth in summer is with your board haha!

Im really not sold on Marsh, his brother is the better footballer but has different attributes. I can see whoever picks Jono up turning him into another Kepler Bradley. Nothing against Kepler but he played all of his football on a wing before getting drafted by the drug cheats and they tried to turn him into a KPP. I like Kepler as a player but he isn't what you'd call a KPF. His contested marking is a bit hit and miss and his main role is to either be the link man into the forward line or to create space behind him for the other forwards to lead into. I find his strength as a KPF is when the ball hits the deck he can usually turn the defender inside out and break away from them hence why I'm comparing him and Marsh. I just don't see him being the answer to our KPF stocks but if we take him (which from all reports I've heard we won't) Im happy to be proven wrong. My preference is Acres, Mccarthy or next best available which will more than likely be a midfielder.

Having looked at the draft, there is a distinct lack of tall players of any position including rucks. By this I mean players over 195 (6'4" in the old). There are only three "forwards" that get close according to the AFL website. The question is then does Bondy regard people shorter than this as medium height players and as such they are in the same boat as "mids" ie best available?

I should clarify my comments by saying that being 185 myself I would regard anyone less than that as short and as such most of the "mids" listed on the AFL site are undersized. IMHO.

I do understand the love for Marsh. Tall and fast. But the kid kick 16 goals 37 behinds in WAFL colts, and his field kicking isn't great either. The kid wants to play midfielder and isn't a true a key forward who can take a pack mark.

Remember moneyball, look at the stats and impact on a game (ie scoring involvements) than a good looking kid who fast and tall. Remember, that Barlow was over looked due to a funny kicking style and running gate.

I don't think this was the reason he was overlooked by most footy clubs.

I hope we dont take Kolodjashnij. After years of poor Jesse Crichton getting his name butchered I dont think could stand for years more of Coalodjasjnich or Jolljashovish.

I hope we dont take Kolodjashnij. After years of poor Jesse Crichton getting his name butchered I dont think could stand for years more of Coalodjasjnich or Jolljashovish.

Iranian? Central Asia? In any case, I suspect the kid has spent his whole life hearing his name butchered so why shouldn't BT and Tony Shaw:eek: join the party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmares thoughts on Ben Brown

Brown could be a good get later in the draft.

He's not year one ready which is the thing to note as he's still a tall developing type. But he's one of the few really natural 2m key forwards who with a year or two in the system has the opportunity to become something looking at some of his attributes and his continued improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Name the KPF/KPD you'd like us to get with our first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back