Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've still got so much hope for Murph. Fingers crossed he gets his chance and takes it with both hands.
Yes, to me he is at risk of being another Nathan Kreuger.

Both throw themselves kamikaze style at things and end up with banged up shoulders and concussions.
Kreuger has had both a concussion and shoulder injury this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe how much bulk and muscle he has added across his shoulders and chest areas in the space of one off season and at a relatively late age.
Certainly gives him some more scope in terms of the roles he might play

He needed to, so does 3/4 of our list.

Haven't seen a recent picture of him, hopefully it adds what he was lacking.

At some stage the club has to make a call on him, in his 5th year he really should be starting to be a consistent player and showing a lot. Given he's perennially injured I guess it makes it hard to judge him, but imo he's a mixed bag off what he has shown.

He needed to, so does 3/4 of our list.

Haven't seen a recent picture of him, hopefully it adds what he was lacking.

At some stage the club has to make a call on him, in his 5th year he really should be starting to be a consistent player and showing a lot. Given he's perennially injured I guess it makes it hard to judge him, but imo he's a mixed bag off what he has shown.
Iā€™d hold onto him for next year. At worst re-rookie.
Hine obviously saw something in him and we arenā€™t blessed with talls.

Iā€™d hold onto him for next year. At worst re-rookie.
Hine obviously saw something in him and we arenā€™t blessed with talls.

For me, it depends on the rest of the year. Hasn't shown much yet in terms of the physical attributes or skills necessary to make it. Needs to show something to get another year.

For me, it depends on the rest of the year. Hasn't shown much yet in terms of the physical attributes or skills necessary to make it. Needs to show something to get another year.

He's in that hard to judge category for me, I agree seems to lack pace required and not overly strong in the contest either.

But is courageous, doesn't shirk the issue, reads it ok and a nice height.

Definitely one teetering on the edge.

Think both the Browns will be on the chopping block, Tyler of the 2 maybe capable of turning it around with overall improved game this year only issue is he still can't break out of the teens for disposals and is slight for inside role.

He's in that hard to judge category for me, I agree seems to lack pace required and not overly strong in the contest either.

But is courageous, doesn't shirk the issue, reads it ok and a nice height.

Definitely one teetering on the edge.

Think both the Browns will be on the chopping block, Tyler of the 2 maybe capable of turning it around with overall improved game this year only issue is he still can't break out of the teens for disposals and is slight for inside role.
I'd keep Tyler as I think he's got clean ball handling, is a pretty good athlete, and is still improving. He might get there. I don't want him playing midfield in the ones at the moment though. Try him back pocket or play him in the reserves.

I'd keep Tyler as I think he's got clean ball handling, is a pretty good athlete, and is still improving. He might get there. I don't want him playing midfield in the ones at the moment though. Try him back pocket or play him in the reserves.
I agree but that maybe is turning towards doubtful for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back