Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is a role for Murph. A bloke with his will and toughness has to have a career. He is in the Mould of someone like Matt Spangher who was able to forge out a decent career by learning to play within his limits and give his all.
What are those limits though, aside from lack of continuity and as a result experience. I always had high hopes for him as he has no obvious weaknesses.

As Buckley eluded to in the commentary, he has to learn to not throw himself around so recklessly and stay fit.

Outstanding first half today. Didn’t want him to play any part in our future after last season. Hopefully this is the start of a big future in the best 22
Yeah, didn't think he'd be able to pull out performances like this. If he can keep his body right he looks like he could be a really decent third tall down back.

Really happy for him - hope he's a permanent fixture from here and can tone down the kamikaze stuff a touch and remain healthy. He showed enough in his first year to suggest this was possible but it's been a long road

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 intercept marks, he was huge today, possibly BOG to half time and a very big reason we won it.

A breakout game that he should go on with from here.

That defensive post in our best 22 is his to keep or his to lose, on today's evidence I don't see him giving it up or losing it any time soon.

Good on the lad, delighted for him and its important for the team.

Well done to a good game, possibly his best for us.

He is still no good though.
This is a hilarious post. Any evidence? Or has he just strung two good games together against premier opposition, despite being "no good", out of sheer luck?

well done to nathan murphy ...

This is a hilarious post. Any evidence? Or has he just strung two good games together against premier opposition, despite being "no good", out of sheer luck?
I expect him to be dropped again from the side at some point in the second half, and probably finish the year outside of the best 23. I just don't think he will make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back