NBA 2k10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
generated names and generic faces annoy me for some reason... are the new rosters particularly accurate in regards to player look/style of play etc? for example, if AJ ogilvy declares for next year's draft (if he hasn't already? can't remember if he's still in college but you get the idea) will it be his kinda stats?

I pre-ordered it on 6th of Oct, and it was despatched on the 12th.
**** that shit. I preorder on the 6th and mine has been finally upgraded to Pending Dispatch. Hasn't even been sent yet ffs

OK my copy arrived today and I've started my player as a PG (yeah, yeah..) and while I'm really enjoying it, I am freaking hopeless! I played really well in my first ever game and thought it would be a breeze, but since then I haven't posted any thing better than a B+ teammate rating. Started with the Hornets, and they didn't want me after SL, but everyone else did... So I chose the Celtics, which probably wasn't a great idea, but I did pretty good in 2 games against Rondo before getting edged by CHUCKY ATKINS in the 3rd game and I got cut.

So now I've played 7 games with the Toros with a 43 rated dude that nails mid range shots in the drills, but couldn't hit one for shit in a game, which is really frustrating. I've used up all my drills, so improvement can only come from games, which is hard coz I ain't much good on D and I find the teammate rating to be really inconsistent, not to mention my scrub teammates dropping my lovely passes.

Also getting the bug where you get cut after every game, only to be picked up again by the same team. I really dislike my team too. We have this one guy Kyle James, I swear he must think he's LeBrons brother coz he never passes and shoots at about 10% from the field. **** off Kyle you jerk.

The pick and roll is really bad as far as I can tell. It's more like a pick and stand, so if I can't get to the basket, then we don't score as the big has no range.

Also that Insider guy needs to shut up and stop talking shit.

Might not sound like it, but I am loving this game, just has a few annoying bugs and stuff.

Are you running a pick and pop? There is different controls for that and the PnR. I gotta give this PG biz a try - my C is up to 2.2 assists a game, topping out at two games of 5 assists. Good fun running the offense.

Oh and another thing, I've barely had a steal. Every time I press square it just docks me on my teammate rating saying it was a bad attempt, no matter the situation (ie. I cut across the passing lane and anticipate the pass, try to steal, miss).

Nah I'm definitely running PnR, using the d-pad on the PS3 and hitting X for pick and roll, just the dude just stays in pick mode forever...

I had the bug where it keeps saying you're getting cut from the D-league so started again with another player. Same thing happened and I was about to give up on My Player when I got drafted to the Rockets.

I had a much higher teammate grade av. the second time around, so only advice I'd give is start again and try and maintain an A average and the bug will correct itself once you get picked up.

Then there is of course the issue of "having a big decision to make" ...

Oh and another thing, I've barely had a steal. Every time I press square it just docks me on my teammate rating saying it was a bad attempt, no matter the situation (ie. I cut across the passing lane and anticipate the pass, try to steal, miss).

Happens with me in game, i get 1-2 steals per game IF i'm lucky. I'm often hugging the player i'm meant to cover, which makes stealing impossible to time. But if i'm some distance away in between him and the person he is intending to pass to, i'll pick it off if i get the timing right.

In saying that, i dominate the stealing in the drills section (aside from running up and down the court it's the only thing i get gold in). I'm probably going to start again and try being a center. Out of the 16 drills.... i've only done 6 with some success (be it 3 bronze, 3 gold). My plan is to stick with the stealing drill, and adjust the skill points elsewhere accordingly :D.

Got knocked out with the Cavs in game 7 of the 1st Round against Indy. Bloody Danny Granger hit a 3 on the buzzer!
I was having a A+ game but got subbed out with a couple mins left and couldn’t get back in – This game still has a lot of bugs. I hope the patch fixes a lot of it.

Anyway I left the Cavs for the Hawks. You could say I was dirty about the last game I played with the Cavs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question on My Player.

Do any of you guys go to Coach settings and change run plays to Auto?

You then change show plays to All.

When you play a game, there a spots you have to move to, picks you have to set etc for the play to be completed.

I tried this last night but none of the plays were ever run for me so I never got to shoot the ball. Just set picks and stood on the wing. Whenever I called for the ball I got the 'bad pass' message for breaking up the play.

I went back to just a normal 'no plays' offence which seems to be a lot better for improving you performance.

It was interesting just being involved in running plays without actually touching the pill.

Just a quick question on My Player.

Do any of you guys go to Coach settings and change run plays to Auto?

You then change show plays to All.

When you play a game, there a spots you have to move to, picks you have to set etc for the play to be completed.

I tried this last night but none of the plays were ever run for me so I never got to shoot the ball. Just set picks and stood on the wing. Whenever I called for the ball I got the 'bad pass' message for breaking up the play.

I went back to just a normal 'no plays' offence which seems to be a lot better for improving you performance.

I find that just running a pick and roll is the easiest way to get assists and good shots if yr an all round PG - play calling i reckon is best saved for association play when you can run the play and realise the benefits of getting your star/go to guy open... as you mentioned, seems better to leave it as a run-n-gun offense... in comparison, I loved the pick n roll on Live last year and would like to see it work a little better on 2k10...

Got knocked out with the Cavs in game 7 of the 1st Round against Indy. Bloody Danny Granger hit a 3 on the buzzer!
I was having a A+ game but got subbed out with a couple mins left and couldn’t get back in – This game still has a lot of bugs. I hope the patch fixes a lot of it.

Anyway I left the Cavs for the Hawks. You could say I was dirty about the last game I played with the Cavs.

Are you able to get traded in the middle of the season?
Or have you gotta wait until the end?
And if you can how?
and how do you get traded at the end of the season?

Hahahah cop that jerk from Geelong EB Games.

Hey how cool is 2k share - I downloaded those sliders you recommended, and I'm thinking about starting my association now, although I wouldn't mind getting the player tendency changes first...

Hahahah cop that jerk from Geelong EB Games.

Hey how cool is 2k share - I downloaded those sliders you recommended, and I'm thinking about starting my association now, although I wouldn't mind getting the player tendency changes first...

Im about to rip into 2Kshare.

Before startring and association, there are a couple of things to consider

1) Nogster is just about finished his massive rosters edit (inc. the tendencies), and he uploads that shit to 2K so I'd wait

2) This patch will be necessary to get the bugs out. And I want to wait to here if we'll have to restart an association if we want the patch

Yeah im just going to keep doing the My Player mode until the patch comes out. Dont want to start a buggy association, those things are an investment in time.

Who do you guys normally use for Associations? I generally go for the worst team possible, make a few realistic trades (bit players no stars) and grind out a season. Did a Memphis one last year, and it was the T Wolves the year before that. I generally lost interest once the draft names were nobodies, cant wait to be able to download new draft classes as they should be. Greg Monroe, John Wall, Patrick Patterson - lot of good pros coming through the college ranks.

Yeah good call. I'll just keep bashing away at my player and getting used to the controls before I start.

Are you able to get traded in the middle of the season?
Or have you gotta wait until the end?
And if you can how?
and how do you get traded at the end of the season?

I dont think you can get traded, maybe they'll fix it so you can in the patch.

I was out of contract at the end of the season and got offers from a few other clubs so signed with Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back