NBA 2k10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
big time cpu trade fail.
so i thought id put hinrich on the trading block..
couple of games later checked the offers..
portland
roy + rudy
for hinrich

of course i took it!

I find, to keep Association mode realistic I have to knock back stupid trades like this.

It doesn't stop the AI making stupid trades amongst themselves though. :rolleyes:

Im about to rip into 2Kshare.

Before startring and association, there are a couple of things to consider

1) Nogster is just about finished his massive rosters edit (inc. the tendencies), and he uploads that shit to 2K so I'd wait

2) This patch will be necessary to get the bugs out. And I want to wait to here if we'll have to restart an association if we want the patch

Nogsters roster changes will be great. With bizcanos sliders it will change the whole feel of the game.

The biggest bug with association mode is development drills completed succesfully actually lowering your guys overall rating :eek:

Just had a monster game. 14/11/7 from the 5 spot, nearly had a triple double. Got the OT win the game before, finally moved into the 8th spot in the West. 6 games left, need to get into 7th to avoid the Lakers first up.

Finally arrived from CDWOW yesterday (although my housemate bought it a few days prior so I had been using his a fair bit).

An all-round 6'7'' SF. Picked up by the pacers. Of course the only real quality player at Indy is Granger, a SF. So I spend most of my time at SG getting absolutely r*ped by the opposing SG. Need to invest some skill points in speed (****ing pricey, even though I'm currently the slowest SF in the history of mankind) and on ball d.

Heaps of fun, but have experienced a couple of bugs, including the "You have been dropped from your d-league team due to poor play, good news is I got you a gig with your the d-league team that I just said cut you" message every couple of games. I need to keep an eye out for the clone bug though...

Am an athletic power forward, started a new My Player mode because I accidentally deleted my other one :eek:. I chose to be pretty much the same guy as before, only an inch taller and 45lbs heavier. Played well in the summer league and ended up at the Bucks training camp, and playing decently in the first 2 games matched up on Melvin Ely and Hakim Warrick, before having an ordinary 3rd game against Warrick again and being cut.

Stupid game, why not cut Ely? I dropped 17 points on him while conceding only 4, AND I got a teammate rating of A in that match.

Now at Bakersville Jam. Anyone know where the hell Bakersville is?

how much SP's are people earning per game on average?

I got 1358 im last game, i still have no idea whether it is good, average or bad yet. Been getting around that most games except when I hit milestones.

My C got a 10 day contract from the Hawks after 6 games in the d-league. Played 18 games for the Hawks now putting up fairly solid numbers for a rookie but averaging A+ team rating and keeping Horford out of a starting spot somehow.

Also is it just me or does the opposition not miss enough shots to accumulate a lot of boards? My team only averages like 17 per game since I was recruited of which Im grabbing 6. 5 minute quarters suck.

My best games have resulted in around 1500-1600 SP's. Generally get around 1300-1400 though.

Oh and im not having any problems with the boards. Just got 7 in the first quarter against the Spurs. :D

My best games have resulted in around 1500-1600 SP's. Generally get around 1300-1400 though.

Oh and im not having any problems with the boards. Just got 7 in the first quarter against the Spurs. :D

What does your team average per game for boards?

The commentators keep bagging my team for its low averages despite sitting 2nd in the east :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure, ill check after this game. Up to 12 boards now, start of the third. Cleaning house.

Edit: Finished with 16/15/2 and 2 blocks. Spurs started knocking everything down in the second half, no boards to get... Still got the win though. Netted me 1711 SP's too, my highest yet.

As for rebounds, the team (Suns) averages 25.7 rpg. What is your team averaging?

Its half time i'll check after the game. Im used to seeing about 18 or so in the team stats after the game but they played about 20 games before they signed me so the average will be misleading.

This game against the kings it is 7 boards to 5 at half time. My C is unstoppable, 14 pts, 2 boards, 3 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, 0 to and 0 fls and sitting on an A+. The position battle meter is looking about half full too which is satisfying. Of the 6 rpg i average, 2.8 are offensive. Maybe the Hawks are just crappy defensively which accoutns for why there arent many boards to contest

Still only finished with 5 boards lol. 10/11 from the field though. 1771 skill points, thats the best ive got so far. For some reason they played kevin martin at PF and he nailed 3 3's against me in 2 minutes.

Team is 32.2 boards per game, dropping at an alarming rate. I dont suppose you guys know if theres a way to check your fg% against for the season?

My guy is shooting .689% for the season I should add

Here is an interesting one. Go to the NBA.com part of the menu, stats, then metric stats. Whats your players PER, Eff rating and all that?

Over 59 NBA games im averagin 10points, 6.5 boards, 1.9 assists and 0.8 blocks. Shooting 62%.

Ive got a PER of 19.56, an Efficiency of 15.5, PPR of 3, AR of 17.8 and TOR of 7.7.

I know the PER is good, not sure on the rest.

After 23 games

PER 22.12
EFF 19.9
PPR 6.4
TS% .671
EFG% .679
AR 20.7
TOR 6.8
POS 14.2

...is that any good?

So, I just went on the 2K forums to get some impressions about this game and all I see is a lot of complaining. Heaps of bugs and framerate isssues and the online isn't even working.No one is actually discussing the game. Is it really that bad?

So, I just went on the 2K forums to get some impressions about this game and all I see is a lot of complaining. Heaps of bugs and framerate isssues and the online isn't even working.No one is actually discussing the game. Is it really that bad?

2K boards are awful. I honestly believe the average age of the posters there is about 15. The bugs are annoying, but will hopefully be patched. Overall the gameplay is stunning.

This
is a better forum

Had an awesome game against the Nets. Devin Harris just kept attacking me in all different ways. Runners, floaters, pullups, jumpers. The AI is far more diverse. PLaying defense in this game is much more challenging because you have to switch control to help defenders or other off ball guys.

He scored 33 but I harrassed him into 10-23 shooting (he went 12-13 from the stripe). One awesome moment, he went right by Kidd with a hesitation, I switched control to Humphries, he slammed Harris' lay up in to the backboard, ran down court got the pass from Barea and dunked on the break.

Started an Association with the Kings, of course I also put my created player on them as I simply can't resist.

Very active at the trade table.

Kings Trade: Francisco Garcia
Wizards Trade: Brandon Haywood

Kings Trade: Kenny Thomas, Donte Greene. '11 1st round pick
Bulls Trade: Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons

Yes I got John Salmons back to the Kings but that was just a small trade this next one I just made was the big one.

Kings Trade: Kevin Martin, Tyrus Thomas, '10 1st round pick
Raptors Trade: Chris Bosh, Quincy Douby

I don't believe I've screwed the AI in this deal but feel free to correct me.

This is how the team looks now:

PG: Udrih/Rodriguez/Douby
SG: Mr.Clutch/Evans
SF: Salmons/Nocioni/Mason/Casspi
PF: Bosh/Thompson/May/Brockman
C: Hawes/Haywood

- Bolded players are the ones that get the minutes

Thoughts so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad