Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't understand why any coach would want a guy with poor skills playing a small forward role. He doesn't have it (and neither does Murph).

My opinion of McHenry yoyo'd the first couple of years but I think I have enough of a sample size put a line through him. He has some traits I like eg. work rate & tenacity but it doesn't make up for all the areas where he lacks (skill, speed, composure, awareness).
He’s been given the best run of games of any draftee over the past three years. And he’s shown he’s not up to it.

Will the coaches do another Mackay and take another 150 games to figure that out

He is not a forward as lacks skills around goal.

He is a decent kick.

Should go back to sanfl & play as a midfielder, which is what we recruited him as.

How about we play forwards as forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cut this guy so much slack, much more than has been afforded any other player in the list.

He's a midget with generally poor awareness and average skills, who dead set thinks he's Dustin Martin.

More importantly not only is he having no impact, he's costing us goals with his stupid "hero" play.
The bloke doesn't know his limitations. Listening to Nick's talk him up has gone to his head where he actually believes it. Watch opposition players. They treat him with contemp that he's on the same field as them.

The bloke doesn't know his limitations. Listening to Nick's talk him up has gone to his head where he actually believes it. Watch opposition players. They treat him with contemp that he's on the same field as them.
There's only 2 players in our squad the opposition care about, Dawson and Tex.

You wouldn't even bother to run with anyone else.

We cut this guy so much slack, much more than has been afforded any other player in the list.

He's a midget with generally poor awareness and average skills, who dead set thinks he's Dustin Martin.

More importantly not only is he having no impact, he's costing us goals with his stupid "hero" play.
You know him personally to make that statement that he thinks he's Dustin Martin????

He is a midfielder, look at how he move in traffic when there's space around him and then deliver the ball toward 50 which was just touched by the Sydney player's finger tip. His kicking inside 50 is very good.

There is not a single thing about McHenry that says AFL player. I can't remember any player in our history that we've GIFTED more games to who has shown so little ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back