Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here's a thread for dispassionate, measured discussion of club stupidity.

No empty complaints, just classic Scorpus-isms that outline when the club has done something dumb against their own self interest.

Or maybe make complaints - whatever, I don't care, I'm not your mum.

I'll start. Signing an injured person to a six-month deal. If the player ALSO thinks it's surprisingly dumb, it was a bad decision.

Last edited:
Thread needs more cowbell

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

No empty complaints, just classic Scorpus-isms that outline when the club has done something dumb against their own self interest.

I'll start. Signing an injured person to a six-month deal. If the player ALSO thinks it's surprisingly dumb, it was a bad decision.

That time away from the board has done you the world of good brother.

And now that I finally have my safe space, I'm stuck for things to whinge about.

Kudos Kritsoff!

Thread needs more cowbell

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

What are you talking about with "the player ALSO thinks it's surprisingly dumb " comment? Has he said this somewhere?

We'll be a 7-12 side for at least 5 years yet, IF at least 1-2 of our current crop become bonafide guns.

If not see you in 10-12.

The list or the Coaching dept/Gameplan?

I don't understand watching Vanberlos career and thinking the guy would make for a good midfield Coach.
Yeah I get his attributes, his WC record etc. I just always viewed him as a very dumb footballer, hence his forte as a defensive/run-with mid.
Reckon Dmac had more creativity.

Dood, Just isn't an inspiring choice as Captain. I've spammed the board plenty enough about this.

We shouldn't have given up 5 for Rankine. It was lazy.

I'm going to pace myself here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be a 7-12 side for at least 5 years yet, IF at least 1-2 of our current crop become bonafide guns.

If not see you in 10-12.
I dont expect us to be a Premiership threat till around late 2020s.

Thilthorpe dropped after round 1
Playing players wrong positions - Dawson at HB / Hately on the wing
Playing Crouch
Promising Strachan a block of games
No replacement for Butts when out with COVID
Playing Crouch (again)
Drafting an injured 25y/o
Rewarding Murphy/McHenry despite horrible form
Playing Doedee while injured
Playing Rowe despite knowing he will be delisted
Delisting Turner despite good form, What was the point in drafting him?

Blasphemy is a negative as is this type of attitude.

When’s the last time you posted in the positive thread?
why bother? There is a core group of whingers and the whole board gets sucked into the spiral. Nobody is happy unless they’ve gotten something to bitch and complain about. Hell, you’ve even turned Kristof to the dark side! 🤣

why bother? There is a core group of whingers and the whole board gets sucked into the spiral. Nobody is happy unless they’ve gotten something to bitch and complain about. Hell, you’ve even turned Kristof to the dark side! 🤣
The funny thing is these whingers as you call them are actually balanced, it’s just there’s been a hell of a lot to be negative about since 2017. I’m sure we wouldn’t be whinging if the club had won a flag recently, it’s been 25 years right? Having a Mary Poppins view about the club isn’t contributing much

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back