Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

why bother? There is a core group of whingers and the whole board gets sucked into the spiral. Nobody is happy unless they’ve gotten something to bitch and complain about. Hell, you’ve even turned Kristof to the dark side!
People come to an internet football forum to vent and be negative. Shock horror.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brodie Smith could have done more with his career, particularly since 2014. Still one of our most important players but it feels like he coasts most weeks and doesn't really care so long as he gets his 500m gained.

Crazy that neither he nor Tex have won a B&F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pathetic round 23, 2016 effort probably ruined our best chance at a 3rd premiership.

On a positive note at least they tried in 2017. But how I wish that 2016 side was copied and pasted to 2017. We were a better team in 2016.

The funny thing is these whingers as you call them are actually balanced, it’s just there’s been a hell of a lot to be negative about since 2017. I’m sure we wouldn’t be whinging if the club had won a flag recently, it’s been 25 years right? Having a Mary Poppins view about the club isn’t contributing much
In the 4 years prior to 2017 the optimists were consistently more accurate than the pessimists. The pessimists were always surprised about our rise. Since 2017, the pessimists have been mostly more accurate. Somewhere about now, I think, the tide will turn again.

You want negative?
How about the AFL? I don't understand how the negative people on this board manage to be so negative about the club but make constant excuses for the competition.

"The club was useless in 2017"
How about "Why do we have a comp where homegrounds have a signficant advantage yet the grand final is played at the homeground of a particular set of clubs?"
What about dodgy playing favourites tribunal decisions?
What about umpiring discrepancies that always get a free pass?
What about fixturing anomalies?
What about draft and trade anomalies?
What about different penalities for similar indiscretions?
What about making rules around expansion clubs to limit the damage by saying a club can't loose two players to an expansion club, but then having a second expansion club come in and not making any rule around clubs not losing two players by one going to each club?
What about short range rule changing, on NGA's for example? You put four years in to an NGA, then with one year's notice you get told the rule change, invalidating a couple of years worth of work??

Why is there not as much of this as there is about our club?

My biggest negative is the body language of the coaches in interviews. A lot of negative body language. Nicks and his head shaking no when he gets asked questions frequently is not a good sign. Either he views a lot of things about the club a lot more negative that what he lets on with his words or he has a lot of self doubt or something, but it doesn't look good. I thought it might just be a realistic sentiment he was keeping quiet about our list and team performance two years ago and that could rightly have been so, but if your now 3 years in and you have massive doubts, then somethings wrong.

You want negative?
How about the AFL? I don't understand how the negative people on this board manage to be so negative about the club but make constant excuses for the competition.

"The club was useless in 2017"
How about "Why do we have a comp where homegrounds have a signficant advantage yet the grand final is played at the homeground of a particular set of clubs?"
What about dodgy playing favourites tribunal decisions?
What about umpiring discrepancies that always get a free pass?
What about fixturing anomalies?
What about draft and trade anomalies?
What about different penalities for similar indiscretions?
What about making rules around expansion clubs to limit the damage by saying a club can't loose two players to an expansion club, but then having a second expansion club come in and not making any rule around clubs not losing two players by one going to each club?
What about short range rule changing, on NGA's for example? You put four years in to an NGA, then with one year's notice you get told the rule change, invalidating a couple of years worth of work??

Why is there not as much of this as there is about our club?
There's heaps of this on this board

For me a toss-up between what we gave up for Gibbs (should have been father son to be fair but AFL different rules for different states) and what little what got for Danger best player in the comp at that time. Can you imagine if Geelong had Danger and he want to come to the Crows they would have asked for 3 farms (do we even own a farm?) and 3 John Deere tractors for the farms plus 2 two top 10 picks. That is what we should have got two top 10 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back