Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I came on to discuss football, not to bitch and moan about things I've got no control over.

And yet your posts are almost exclusively complaining about the board's posters, who you have no control over, and almost never about football.

I disagree. We are in the position where any coach whether that's Nick's or someone else must play our best team. If he isn't in our best 22 that will be obvious early season. Games played doesn't matter when we are so young. Rachele, Rankine Pedlar will take Neds spot. Not to mention Nankervis, Taylor who are also better options moving forward.

Ned's downfall is that he has no offensive game and can't play mid. We have players that can score and get the ball in the midfield. One trick ponies can't be played if we are too improve. The same goes for Murphy, Hately, Crouch btw.
Mate I'm in total agreeance - Ned irks me no end as does his continual selection in the first 22 - he brings very little other than huff and puff and I think there are others who could make our side more dangerous and better overall.

but he seems to be one of the first selected every week which is incredibly annoying.

Mate I'm in total agreeance - Ned irks me no end as does his continual selection in the first 22 - he brings very little other than huff and puff and I think there are others who could make our side more dangerous and better overall.

but he seems to be one of the first selected every week which is incredibly annoying.

Ned was obviously ranked above Rowe and Murphy. He now has to compete with Rankine and Pedlar

I think he will start the year but 2023 will be a lot more challenging for Ned. He needs to find another level to remain in the side - although going to 23 players will obviously help

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned was obviously ranked above Rowe and Murphy. He now has to compete with Rankine and Pedlar

I think he will start the year but 2023 will be a lot more challenging for Ned. He needs to find another level to remain in the side - although going to 23 players will obviously help

Not sure the sub rule change will make any real difference. The player you select as an injury sub is the same bloke you select as a tactical sub. The player will definitely get game time each week though, so that's a change.

I highly doubt we're going to sack Rankine or Pedlar in a defensive forward role, and you can almost be guaranteed we're going to run one (after all, it makes Rankine/Racheles job easier), so no, Ned isn't going to be initially competing with them. Much like how he isn't competing with Tex or Fogarty for a spot.

Keays is the main worry for Ned, because as the 2nd half of 2022 showed, his grip on a full-time midfield role is waning and his fallback is that defensive forward role (and that's a fight Ned doesn't have much hope of winning at the current time). Once Ned loses that defensive forward role, then he's in trouble due to Rankine/Rachele/Pedlar/McAdam etc. Really he needs to quickly find an above average offensive game.

Last edited:
I highly doubt we're going to sack Rankine or Pedlar in a defensive forward role, and you can almost be guaranteed we're going to run one (after all, it makes Rankine/Racheles job easier), so no, Ned isn't going to be initially competing with them. Much like how he isn't competing with Tex or Fogarty for a spot.

Keays is the main worry for Ned, because as the 2nd half of 2022 showed, his grip on a full-time midfield role is waning and his fallback is that defensive forward role (and that's a fight Ned doesn't have much hope of winning at the current time). Once Ned loses that defensive forward role, then he's in trouble due to Rankine/Rachele/Pedlar/McAdam etc. Really he needs to quickly find an above average offensive game.
Re Keays it was carrying an injury that saw him moved out nothing else.....carried an A/C joint injury for the latter half of the season, since had corrective surgery almost immediately after the season finished. He be spending plenty of time in the midfield next year.

Don't think there is a specific thread for it so I'll put my thoughts in here.

Not sure what Tex is doing texting that Kane. I don't mind Kane in the media but get why people don't like him but what was the point?

Got to wonder what other texts Tex sends at night given he doesn't appear to be able to restrain himself. The whole Kyrgios exchange years ago was embarrassing.

Show a bit of leadership and stay away from that kind of thing. All he is done is given Cornes more attention.

Not sure what Tex is doing texting that Kane. I don't mind Kane in the media but get why people don't like him but what was the point?

Got to wonder what other texts Tex sends at night given he doesn't appear to be able to restrain himself. The whole Kyrgios exchange years ago was embarrassing.

Show a bit of leadership and stay away from that kind of thing. All he is done is given Cornes more attention.
Was drunk at a wedding

I thought he'd put an end to this rubbish

He may be right and Kane may be a weak campaigner, but Tex is a dumb ****

Bit of a nothing butger this one. Kane is a campaigner and I'm sure he cops far worse on a daily basis. Probably one of Walker's pissed mates, walker should keep his phone in his pocket when drinking. Kane is a pure flog for even bringing it up and insinuating walker did it. Maybe he should find out the facts first before shooting off his big mouth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Negative only thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back