Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I particularly liked the part where our CEO went on Rowe's show and had the opportunity to say no unfortunately that's not happening but instead played it up to look like it was a live option half an hour before the Richmond football club embarrassed us again.

Good times. Only the media.

you know this for a fact do you? Or could it be that we didn’t have an answer from him when Silvers was on the radio. JFC.

When listening to KG & Cornsey on Sat am they were talking about a strong rumor that Balmey was coming to the Crows.
A few minutes later the news bulletin stated that Balmeys appointment had just been announced by the Club, after the break Cornsey questioned it
saying there was no announcement by the Crows online anywhere.
It was pretty obvious that someone in the newsroom got their wires crossed, not long after it was then being reported in Melb.
The 5aa announcement spread like wildfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, I respect he has honour his contract, I didn't even know he was still contracted to Richmond for until 2022. I don't think either have any insider information from the club or get contacted by the club at all, they are just doing their job as radio broadcaster and it's their opinion that they think Balme is signing with us because they heard this from other journalists and getting fake news.
Them not getting contacted by the club would be a problem though as I said. It's like there is nobody at the club considering how this sort of thing would affect public perception. This kind of thing blowing up in our faces makes club look bad at a time when they're trying to project a positive image to lure in talented people.

Them not getting contacted by the club would be a problem though as I said. It's like there is nobody at the club considering how this sort of thing would affect public perception. This kind of thing blowing up in our faces makes club look bad at a time when they're trying to project a positive image to lure in talented people.
Public perception, you aren't just reading the bias Port Power thread are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I emailed Dimma 2017 grand final week. Was gracious enough to reply and had his mobile number on the email. We are a trusting bunch down at punt road.
I've emailed Andrew Fagan before (ex CEO of the Crows) and his emails always had his mobile in it. Didn't bother blocking his number when he called me either.

It's a pretty standard thing I think and certainly wouldn't be a personal mobile # they're giving out.

So you are saying we should have just come out on the weekend saying we aren't in discussion with Balme when after the Richmond golden girl has reported we are? I don't agree with that at all, that would make us looking very bad in Balme eyes.
No I have never said that.

You quash expectation and public perception immediately by saying there is a lot speculation and rumours this time of year, but the reality is Balme is a contracted employee of the Richmond Football club.

That's all you need to say.

Situation controlled.

No I have never said that.

You quash expectation and public perception immediately by saying there is a lot speculation and rumours this time of year, but the reality is Balme is a contracted employee of the Richmond Football club.

That's all you need to say.

Situation controlled.
But we are in discussion with him and this has even been reported (hence verified) by Caroline Wilson over the weekend.

Public perception, you aren't just reading the bias Port Power thread are you?
It's just common sense that you will look bad when you lose control of the messaging and fail to acquire talent. You seem oblivious to the fact there are people at the club whose entire jobs revolve around managing these kinds of situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

Back