NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

those who have presided over this debacle are gone...

the fact that ben cousins has been charged with possession is not the only factor for me...

other factors are that- after mainwaring's death, trevor nisbett openly said he was concerned as to how cousins would react. so what did he do? did he make sure cousins got on the plane back to USA on sunday as he was supposed to? no, he seemingly did nothing.

another factor for me is that daniel chick is involved. it suggests a culture problem. despite cousins' well documented drug issue, his friend didn't ensure that he did the right thing- rather, he seemingly facilitated cousins doing the wrong thing. it suggests this problem is engrained in culture.

nisbett is running this sinking ship. he knows whats going on, yet he's done nothing about it. acknowledging your concerns about cousins to the media does nothing, except make you look like more of a d*ckhead when things go wrong. this problems is been known for years... he's done nothing. he needs to go.

like john elliot at carlton, dalton gooding has overseen the almighty fall of this great club. similarly to nisbett, there's not good telling the media that you're concerned if you won't do anything about it. gooding is a muppet anyway, and needs to go.

the sacking of a club legend as a player, captain and coach is the most heartbreaking, but worsfold needs to go. he admits to having known about the problems there since july 2006. hell, we knew about the problems before then- so at best, he's naiive and stupid- at worst, he's a liar who was trying to cover up the issues there. not only does he know about this culture, he was part of this culture. he had a hand in establishing this culture when he was a player. who was the captain of the team when players (including mainwaring) were involved in drugs in the early 90s?

they all need to go.

judd knew what was going on- he dealt with it by leaving. why didn't anyone else do anything about it?

all future contracts should have a code of conduct written into them that says any trouble with the law, any drug use that's discovered is a sacking the first time. yes, the AFLPA will whinge about- screw them. players don't have to sign the contracts if they don't want to. the players that need 'strikes' to fall back on are not the players we want or need at our club when we re-establish a culture anyway. i don't care if its cousins, kerr or whoever- we don't need them.

we need to offer brian cook the earth to come back. he's a great administrator, and he's overseen the rebirth of geelong.

we should offer kevin sheedy a 4 year contract, telling him we don't care about results- you're here to establish a culture.

and we need a president that isn't so concerned with making the club look good, but is more concerned with making sure the club is good.

until gooding, nisbett and worsfold are gone, i will not financially support this club...

Good riddance then.

I want Cousins playing for us next year, I just hope and wish that he'd stop getting in trouble, and fix himself up over the summer.

the fact that ben cousins has been charged with possession is not the only factor for me...

other factors are that- after mainwaring's death, trevor nisbett openly said he was concerned as to how cousins would react. so what did he do? did he make sure cousins got on the plane back to USA on sunday as he was supposed to? no, he seemingly did nothing.

another factor for me is that daniel chick is involved. it suggests a culture problem. despite cousins' well documented drug issue, his friend didn't ensure that he did the right thing- rather, he seemingly facilitated cousins doing the wrong thing. it suggests this problem is engrained in culture.

nisbett is running this sinking ship. he knows whats going on, yet he's done nothing about it. acknowledging your concerns about cousins to the media does nothing, except make you look like more of a d*ckhead when things go wrong. this problems is been known for years... he's done nothing. he needs to go.

like john elliot at carlton, dalton gooding has overseen the almighty fall of this great club. similarly to nisbett, there's not good telling the media that you're concerned if you won't do anything about it. gooding is a muppet anyway, and needs to go.

the sacking of a club legend as a player, captain and coach is the most heartbreaking, but worsfold needs to go. he admits to having known about the problems there since july 2006. hell, we knew about the problems before then- so at best, he's naiive and stupid- at worst, he's a liar who was trying to cover up the issues there. not only does he know about this culture, he was part of this culture. he had a hand in establishing this culture when he was a player. who was the captain of the team when players (including mainwaring) were involved in drugs in the early 90s?

they all need to go.

judd knew what was going on- he dealt with it by leaving. why didn't anyone else do anything about it?

all future contracts should have a code of conduct written into them that says any trouble with the law, any drug use that's discovered is a sacking the first time. yes, the AFLPA will whinge about- screw them. players don't have to sign the contracts if they don't want to. the players that need 'strikes' to fall back on are not the players we want or need at our club when we re-establish a culture anyway. i don't care if its cousins, kerr or whoever- we don't need them.

we need to offer brian cook the earth to come back. he's a great administrator, and he's overseen the rebirth of geelong.

we should offer kevin sheedy a 4 year contract, telling him we don't care about results- you're here to establish a culture.

and we need a president that isn't so concerned with making the club look good, but is more concerned with making sure the club is good.

until gooding, nisbett and worsfold are gone, i will not financially support this club...

You my friend are a complete and utter F*ckwit. (But if you wanna sell your membership PM me :D)

Ok cya no big loss

btw can i have your membership ?
Haha!

To the original poster......bye, we don't need pathetic supporters like yourself! As much as I can see some logic with what you are saying, I live and breath WC and i would NEVER even entertain the idea of not supporting my team...You are piss weak mate!

Haha!

To the original poster......bye, we don't need pathetic supporters like yourself! As much as I agree with most of what you said above, I live and breath WC and i would NEVER even entertain the idea of not supporting my team...You are piss weak mate!

He's pissweak for taking a stance?

Bullshit.

It's about time members made their feelings clear. This shit is ruining the club and there isn't enough being done to fix the situation.

hang on... i just wanted to clarrify that i never bagged cousins.

i believe cousins to be a victim of drug abuse, and believe that in the environment of an AFL club, he should have been taken care of a lot better than he was.

i don't want to see ben sacked- i fear even more for the wellbeing of a drug addict who loses his support system. i want to see him get better and once again represent the club.

but the current hierarchy at the club is not what he needs to get better, and its not the hierarchy that the club needs to get better.

by the way, my interstate membership wouldn't be much help to any of you...

Nobby we are all real peaved off about this but we need to stick tight we are a successful club going thru a extremely bad patch ATM , it is 2007.

2008 will be rosey stay cool a don't read the BS that others will write about our club.:thumbsu:

He's pissweak for taking a stance?

Bullshit.

It's about time members made their feelings clear. This shit is ruining the club and there isn't enough being done to fix the situation.

Agree this crap is pulling our club down, but maybe it needed to hit rock bottom (as they say) so that we could re group and climb back up. I will NOT stop supporting my club bc of this shit, its times like these test us supporters.....IMO.

they all need to go.

Whilst I cannot comment on the internal workings of the West Coast Eagles, it is very clear to even the casual observer of this whole Ben Cousins issue, that West Coast have done everything they can to help Ben Cousins the player but clearly not enought for Ben Cousins the man. Although Ben is ultimately at fault, the club stood by and allowed the issues to worsen when they perhaps should have taken a hard line similar to Geelong this year with its players and their off field indiscretions

Nobby, you are a nob!

You are obviously not a genuine West Coast supporter - if you were then you would support the Club through thick and thin and not jump off a "sinking ship" as you put it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree, the supporters of this club need to unite.

but we shouldn't unite to blindly support and give money to abysmal administration.

we need to unite against this administration that is destroying our club so they understand that we are not happy, and hopefully they'll do something about it.

i only want to see my club flying high again...

i believe cousins to be a victim of drug abuse, and believe that in the environment of an AFL club, he should have been taken care of a lot better than he was.

i don't want to see ben sacked- i fear even more for the wellbeing of a drug addict who loses his support system. i want to see him get better and once again represent the club.

but the current hierarchy at the club is not what he needs to get better, and its not the hierarchy that the club needs to get better.

I know you weren't and as I said i agree with most of what you said, but to stop supporting your team...yeh I dunno what to say about that. What about the other blokes out there busting their gut each week that aren't doing anything wrong :confused: thats all I'm trying to say.

but we shouldn't unite to blindly support and give money to abysmal administration.

we need to unite against this administration that is destroying our club so they understand that we are not happy, and hopefully they'll do something about it.

i only want to see my club flying high again...

When is the next board meeting thingy where they get voted in?

Hopefully more people decide to drop their membership then all of us on the waiting list can finally get to some games.

Well tell your f****n story walking, dont let the door hit on your ass on the way out.

Regardless of what the players do off field, its on field that matters for me. I have been an Eagles supporter all my life and will continue to be a supporter until i collapse dead in a heap.

Membership will be renewed!!

Nobby, you are a nob!

You are obviously not a genuine West Coast supporter - if you were then you would support the Club through thick and thin and not jump off a "sinking ship" as you put it!

yes, perhaps you are right... the $1500 in membership fees, thousands of dollars on merchandise and thousands of dollars travelling to see my club over the last few years were the misguided money-burnings of someone who is not a genuine supporter.

i still love my club. i still want them to succeed.

my issue is not about ben. my issue is about the wider culture- as i said in the initial post, the fact that daniel chick (although uncontracted now) was with ben during this crap makes it clear its a culture issue. the fact that chris mainwaring died last week after known recreational drug use for 15 years makes it obvious that its a culture issue. the fact that west coast did nothing to deal with the indescretions of daniel kerr and quentin lynch makes it obvious that its a culture issue.

chris judd knew that its not a culture becomming of a footy club- why can't any of you see it?

i want the best for my club. the best for my club is seeing a fit and healthy ben cousins running around... the best for club is to not be embroiled in one controversy after another, scaring sponsors, parents and children away.

but the best for my club will not happen under this administration

oh, and i'm not ending my support for the team. i'll still watch all their games, i'll still attend games. i'll still wear the scarf and wave the flag

but i'm making my stand against this by not giving them my hard earned any more.

Agreed. It's one thing to support your club, but it's a completely different matter to blindly hand over money to an abysmal administration (although, I'm still undecided on the administration issue at the moment).

The decision whether to renew or not renew membership is the most powerful tool we have to send a clear signal to the administration. I don't see a problem with using your membership as a clear signal that you are unhappy with the direction the club is heading.

That, my frend, is the problem with society. It's always someone else's responsibilty. Last time I checked Cousins was a 29 year old adult.

That, my friend, is the problem with society. It's always someone else's responsibilty. Last time I checked Cousins was a 29 year old adult.
Exactly. You can lead horse to water but you cant make it drink! Cousins can not be babysat. He is an adult who needs to take responsibility for himself. Why didn't he make sure he was on a plane to the USA if that was where he was supposed to be?

Gooding is a couple of weeks away from going anyway, but as for Nesbitt and Worsfold, I would be very upset if they lost their jobs over Cousins. They have bent over backwards to help this bloke, but at the end of the day, drug addicts cannot be helped if they dont first help themselves.

To the people who are saying they want to see Cousins playing again, you have got to be kidding? He has made a mockery of our club too many times. I dont care if he was the best player to have ever pulled on a pair of boots, it is a professional sport and he has to act professionally and that includes off the field. No matter how you spin it, a criminal record cannot be considered to be acting professionally.

Quite frankly I am sick of having to explain to my son about drugs and the life of drug addicts. If Ben Cousins is not sacked, that would make me seriously consider not renewing our family's membership. I do not expect anybody else to have to take the blame for his actions however.

How is preventing Cousins from playing football going to improve this "serious ****ing health problem"?
Well obviously letting him play didn't help it, so what is the difference?

It is no longer the clubs problem, cut him loose, he has burnt his bridges.

If the club felt they had to donate money into a fund to help his recovery, I have no problem with that. It may ease the consciences of the bleeding hearts around here. However he can no longer be associated with our club in any official capacity.

shotgun!!!!!!.....

ya see this sort of claim would work on a kangaroo or bulldogs board cos they need every member they can get but i bet over half the guys on our board dont have memberships and would kill to get one...

Remove this Banner Ad

NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back