NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

shotgun!!!!!!.....

ya see this sort of claim would work on a kangaroo or bulldogs board cos they need every member they can get but i bet over half the guys on our board dont have memberships and would kill to get one...

Absolutely!!! I''m GAGGING for a membership and my passion only grows stronger through all this misfortune

Who cares? One person said they won't buy a membership, big deal. They're probably one of these parents who thinks it is the rest of society's responsibility their keep their kid from harm while they watch Oprah. Good riddance to them.

tell him to go join Judd back in Blue land. Gives a club a bad name to hear a supporter has rejected membership from the supported club.

Who cares? One person said they won't buy a membership, big deal. They're probably one of these parents who thinks it is the rest of society's responsibility their keep their kid from harm while they watch Oprah. Good riddance to them.
If they dont sack Cousins, what should I tell my kids?

I have told them repeatedly that there are many people who take drugs, they take drugs to feel good, sometimes they become addicted and that drugs become they only thing they care about. They ask me all sorts of tricky questions about the how and the why and the who, I try and be as honest as I can be with them.

The one thing I stress to them is that there are always consequences when you take drugs. If Cousins is sacked I can say see, he was given a chance, but he blew it and the consequence is he has lost his place in the West Coast team. However if they dont sack him what do I say to them?

What they see is a footballer who takes drugs, gets himself arrested, goes away and comes back to a heros welcome (they were there in round 16) then gets arrested for drugs again, and is given another chance???:eek: Even a nine year old can see there are no consequences there!

Somehow as a parent I then have to show them that I dont approve of this. The only way I can think to do that is to say that we can no longer support the club.

If anyone has any other ideas, I would be welcoming of them. We waited on the waiting list for two years too, and it would be heart breaking to have to go down that road for all of us.:(

but worsfold needs to go. he admits to having known about the problems there since july 2006.

This guy is a tool who posted this..... Worsfold to go :eek: full of sh*t honestly ...... Worsfold is head coach..... at the end of the day, the club tried ( its all you can ask for, which I think not many clubs would) to help Cousins. He failed miserably as a person let every one else around him down.... Club can only do so much at the end of the day......I say to Cousins great career time is up son...Such Is Life.....

dont worry nobby, i felt the same way during our extremely ill fated Smorgon presidency. I didn't feel the club deserved my support, being such a basket case.

Sometimes the clubs have to do the right thing by their fans, and when it becomes a joke, then sometimes you have to make a stand and say "hang on, this isn't right".

Yes, the support of our clubs is unconditional in many ways, but sometimes for a change to occur, they need to be pushed up against the fence.

Problem being, with the waiting list your club has, theres no way a big enough membership dip will occur for the place to turn itself around. You will always be able to fill the stadium.

Well it looks like none of you will get my membership after all!:p

The club has sacked him, I am happy with that outcome.

I can continue to support the club I love.:thumbsu:

im a member and will never hand in my membership.

FieryNayta yes we will always fill the stadium and yes we have a huge waiting list but the club will see that there is something wrong when at the end of 2006 only 2 memberships were handed in and at the end of 2007 say 1000 or more are handed in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant belive how many of you are not members.
I'm an In The Wings member, but I know I'm not going to be a member soon. I'm a long way down the list.

Doesnt mean I support my team any less.

Maybe you guys that dont have memberships should give Twiggers a ring. She was on Telethon saying how she was keeping her Eagles membership the other day!

The Eagles are apparently still her team (unless they are playing Carlton;)).

Wonder how many times she will use it over the next five years?

everyone should renew there memberships definately and support the club in this hard time not just bail out like little pussys!!!

I mean cmon wheres the West Coast Eagles spirit we are the comeback kings and we will bounce back.

those who have presided over this debacle are gone...

the fact that ben cousins has been charged with possession is not the only factor for me...

other factors are that- after mainwaring's death, trevor nisbett openly said he was concerned as to how cousins would react. so what did he do? did he make sure cousins got on the plane back to USA on sunday as he was supposed to? no, he seemingly did nothing.

another factor for me is that daniel chick is involved. it suggests a culture problem. despite cousins' well documented drug issue, his friend didn't ensure that he did the right thing- rather, he seemingly facilitated cousins doing the wrong thing. it suggests this problem is engrained in culture.

nisbett is running this sinking ship. he knows whats going on, yet he's done nothing about it. acknowledging your concerns about cousins to the media does nothing, except make you look like more of a d*ckhead when things go wrong. this problems is been known for years... he's done nothing. he needs to go.

like john elliot at carlton, dalton gooding has overseen the almighty fall of this great club. similarly to nisbett, there's not good telling the media that you're concerned if you won't do anything about it. gooding is a muppet anyway, and needs to go.

the sacking of a club legend as a player, captain and coach is the most heartbreaking, but worsfold needs to go. he admits to having known about the problems there since july 2006. hell, we knew about the problems before then- so at best, he's naiive and stupid- at worst, he's a liar who was trying to cover up the issues there. not only does he know about this culture, he was part of this culture. he had a hand in establishing this culture when he was a player. who was the captain of the team when players (including mainwaring) were involved in drugs in the early 90s?

they all need to go.

judd knew what was going on- he dealt with it by leaving. why didn't anyone else do anything about it?

all future contracts should have a code of conduct written into them that says any trouble with the law, any drug use that's discovered is a sacking the first time. yes, the AFLPA will whinge about- screw them. players don't have to sign the contracts if they don't want to. the players that need 'strikes' to fall back on are not the players we want or need at our club when we re-establish a culture anyway. i don't care if its cousins, kerr or whoever- we don't need them.

we need to offer brian cook the earth to come back. he's a great administrator, and he's overseen the rebirth of geelong.

we should offer kevin sheedy a 4 year contract, telling him we don't care about results- you're here to establish a culture.

and we need a president that isn't so concerned with making the club look good, but is more concerned with making sure the club is good.

until gooding, nisbett and worsfold are gone, i will not financially support this club...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
BTW - can I buy your membership? I'll give you 200% of the face value. PM me with the details.

C'mon guys - this isn't some kid who was traded to the team two years ago - it's Ben Cousins.

A man (once a kid) who was drafted to the club while still a boy and forced to grow up on the football field. That the Ben Cousins saga has played itself out on the Eagles' watch means they should do everything possible to make sure he gets better. They've moved along as he's gone from bad to worse and even now that he's been sacked they should still do everything possible to fight for his health.

Pay whatever's necessary, fly him wherever, hire whoever, do anything and everything possible to make sure he gets himself right. Who cares if he relapses again? Keep helping him - there's a massive amount of concern for the guy down at the West Coast Eagles even though they've sacked him. They admitted as much only a couple of weeks ago when Mainy died. That he relapsed shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at all.

Get him right. Who cares about football. That isn't important anymore (and shouldn't have been this year. But hindsight's a wonderful thing).

those who have presided over this debacle are gone...

the fact that ben cousins has been charged with possession is not the only factor for me...

other factors are that- after mainwaring's death, trevor nisbett openly said he was concerned as to how cousins would react. so what did he do? did he make sure cousins got on the plane back to USA on sunday as he was supposed to? no, he seemingly did nothing.

another factor for me is that daniel chick is involved. it suggests a culture problem. despite cousins' well documented drug issue, his friend didn't ensure that he did the right thing- rather, he seemingly facilitated cousins doing the wrong thing. it suggests this problem is engrained in culture.

nisbett is running this sinking ship. he knows whats going on, yet he's done nothing about it. acknowledging your concerns about cousins to the media does nothing, except make you look like more of a d*ckhead when things go wrong. this problems is been known for years... he's done nothing. he needs to go.

like john elliot at carlton, dalton gooding has overseen the almighty fall of this great club. similarly to nisbett, there's not good telling the media that you're concerned if you won't do anything about it. gooding is a muppet anyway, and needs to go.

the sacking of a club legend as a player, captain and coach is the most heartbreaking, but worsfold needs to go. he admits to having known about the problems there since july 2006. hell, we knew about the problems before then- so at best, he's naiive and stupid- at worst, he's a liar who was trying to cover up the issues there. not only does he know about this culture, he was part of this culture. he had a hand in establishing this culture when he was a player. who was the captain of the team when players (including mainwaring) were involved in drugs in the early 90s?

they all need to go.

judd knew what was going on- he dealt with it by leaving. why didn't anyone else do anything about it?

all future contracts should have a code of conduct written into them that says any trouble with the law, any drug use that's discovered is a sacking the first time. yes, the AFLPA will whinge about- screw them. players don't have to sign the contracts if they don't want to. the players that need 'strikes' to fall back on are not the players we want or need at our club when we re-establish a culture anyway. i don't care if its cousins, kerr or whoever- we don't need them.

we need to offer brian cook the earth to come back. he's a great administrator, and he's overseen the rebirth of geelong.

we should offer kevin sheedy a 4 year contract, telling him we don't care about results- you're here to establish a culture.

and we need a president that isn't so concerned with making the club look good, but is more concerned with making sure the club is good.

until gooding, nisbett and worsfold are gone, i will not financially support this club...

you mate have no clue about anything.
I'm tellin ya - your intelligence rating is too low to be an EAGLES member.

Eagles are copping all this flack in retaliation for the pain they caused theVIctorians in the early ninetees and how they have entered the VFL and have become the most succesful team.

5 Grand finals and 3 premeierships is enough to make any VICTORIAN feel sick.

This is the time for the EAGLES to develop WORSFOLD like king hits and ruthlessly fight the vultures from the EAST.

Personally, i think we need to hit "rock bottom" before things will get better. it will take "rock bottom" before people realise the good old saying "You dont know what you've got till its gone"

They helped the player out quite considerably, however i feel they didn't do enough to help out the Human Being, that is, Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

NEVER again will i buy a membership for this club until...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back