Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

30% off retail ? You can get cheaper than that online and don't have to leave your house.

Where in the email did it give any suggestion that Hawks merchandise would be on sale?

Surely a more honest approach would have been to clearly identify that Hawk merchandise would not be available?

It's not unreasonable for a recipient of the email, because Adidas sponsors the club and accessed the recipients email address through the club, to expect that Hawthorn Adidas gear would be available.

(shakes head)

Being that guernseys are available from December via HawksNest I never read this email and thought the Hawthorn merchandise would be available. I just thought Hawthorn (and it was Hawthorn FC who sent the email - not Adidas) were letting me know about a good deal they'd scored for members. I don't think it is reasonable to assume that Hawks merchandise would be available when it's not available through the club yet. Shake your head all you like, but any disappointment has stemmed from assumption and conclusion jumping - not misleading conduct by the club. Again I love that people can only see negatives in the Hawks using a corporate sponsorship to secure a good deal for members (say what you like about Adidas online US pricing being cheaper - 30% of AU retail isn't too shabby).

Picked up another puma home guernsey, will likely pick up another in the next few days (even if i will look outdated.... it didn't stop me from wearing a 2007/2008 HFC polo shirt until last year :D).

The odd thing is, i've had weird association with the type of guernsey..... doesn't look flattering with my body shape, the last one i purchased (away top), was super hard to fit into. I put this one on today, same size..... but it fits a lot better and a lot more looser (gut still unflattering) but a lot more shoulder room.

So we ditched Puma, a sad but perhaps constructive business decision.

However, if these Official training wear items are anything to go by, I'm pretty disappointed.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/portals/55/hawks_shop.htm

Brown, Gold & Tin?!

Merchandising is such an important part of selling the "Hawthorn" brand. It should look prestigious and refined. Instead, the HawksNest shop sells Santa wearing Hawthorn colours.. The club needs to have a serious look at it's merchandising strategy, and learn from some of the European soccer clubs. I don't think you can buy a Barcelona FC Santa on their website..

I suppose to further reiterate my point:
63164_18_1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping to see Hawthorn play their home games in a guernsey without the eyesore that is the white number panel and black numbers. The North and Collingwood stripes on the back may not be ideal for a Hawthorn guernsey, but so long as there's no more white and black, that's the main thing that will improve the look, IMO.

I'm hoping to see Hawthorn play their home games in a guernsey without the eyesore that is the white number panel and black numbers.
What's with a West Coast supporter discussing 'eyesore' jumpers?? If we're talking ill-conceived designs then I reckon the Eagles are guilty, on multiple counts, in the last few years. :p

I have to say though, the yellow with the blue eagle from the early days is one of my faves. :)

I'm hoping to see Hawthorn play their home games in a guernsey without the eyesore that is the white number panel and black numbers. The North and Collingwood stripes on the back may not be ideal for a Hawthorn guernsey, but so long as there's no more white and black, that's the main thing that will improve the look, IMO.
Speaking of eyesores:
1997WestCoastEaglesPreSeasonGuernseyPlayerIssue38.jpg

$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9c4hBQTHbFHs8g~~60_35.JPG

2000-2006WestCoastEaglesHomeGuernseyRetailVersionsignedAshleySampi.jpg

3896533_orig.jpg

I'm afraid the 'Hey Hey' Eagles have got this category covered.

What's with a West Coast supporter discussing 'eyesore' jumpers?? If we're talking ill-conceived designs then I reckon the Eagles are guilty, on multiple counts, in the last few years. :p

I have to say though, the yellow with the blue eagle from the early days is one of my faves. :)

If this thread were about discussing all clubs guernseys that are eyesores, then yes, I'd include a few that the Eagles have used. But this thread is about Hawthorn guernseys, hence my opinion on such.

I like the Hawks home guernsey, but hate the white number panel and black number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New adidas kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back