Opinion New AFC HQ: We're on like Donkey Kong!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good news for our plans and come on J Giles, I’m presuming voting it still going I hope?
Meh ! .....the development will happen .....all the recent noise is simply annoying chihuahua's

Yeah, but if they had a new Mayor and a bunch of new counsellors who were opposed then anything could happen.
This development is the making of this Council .....on the back of the Crows coming in, just watch the development explode ....it adds a bit of prestige to a traditional tired area

Michael Coxon ran unopposed so is still mayor of West Torrens

Anne Moran is 2nd of 9 candidates fighting for 2 spots

1. A.Abrahimzadeh - 1850
2. A.Moran - 1790
3. J.Giles - 1685
daylight
4-9 Range from 217-651

Lets hope most of the 4-9th place getters preferences Giles.

Please forgive my ignorance... What is the significance of Adelaide City Council elections on the Thebarton development? I'm struggling to connect the dots ..

For those interested

2022 West Torrens Council Election Results

Mayor
Michael Coxon (re-elected unopposed)

Keswick Ward
John Woodward (re-elected)
Elisabeth Papanikolaou (re-elected)

Hilton Ward
Sam Whiting (new)
Cindy O'Rielley (re-elected)

Plympton Ward
Surrender Pal (re-elected)
Lana Gelonese (new)

Lockleys Ward
Kym McKay (re-elected)
Daniel Huggett (re-elected)

Morphett Ward
Anne McKay (re-elected unopposed)
George Demetriou (re-elected unopposed)

Airport Ward
Jasmine Wood (re-elected)
Sara Comrie (new)

Thebarton Ward
Zoi Papafilopoulos (new)
Peta-Anne Louth (new)

None, but wanting Anne Moran to get the boot should be something we can all unite about

She's gone!

For those interested

Thebarton Ward
Zoi Papafilopoulos (new)
Peta-Anne Louth (new)

I'm assuming this is the ward that encompasses Thebarton Oval. Do we know if they're for or against the development?

She's gone!

I'm assuming this is the ward that encompasses Thebarton Oval. Do we know if they're for or against the development?
You bloody beauty

She's gone!

We must have better advocacy for residents affected by the South Road development and the Thebarton Oval and Kings Reserve precinct proposed lease with AFC, both issues have lacked severe transparency and consultation at this point.

A bit wishy washy. I would say she's not against it, just wants residents to have input or be informed. Not a bad thing.

Councillor Nominee: Zoi Papafilopoulos – Australian Labor Party (South Australian Branch)

A local who has lived in Torrensville her entire life, Zoe works locally for the Hon Tom Koutsantonis MP, and has served on a number of committees including Thebarton Senior College Governing Council and the Panarcadian Association.

“I am a Greek School teacher at St George, accredited through the Community Language Schools. As a local, I am acutely aware of the issues which affect our community, and want to be a part of making decisions that benefit our community. My priorities are protecting as much green space as possible for residents, discouraging inappropriate high-rise developments in our neighbourhood and enhancing security through safety-oriented design (including improved street lighting).

“I am passionate about improving mobility and access across our neighbourhood for children, the elderly and the disabled. I want to improve our environmental performance as a council and community. I pledge to keep in contact with you and the community regularly, not just at election time.”

Same. Says all the things you'd want your constituents to hear, but didn't take the opportunity to pick a fight over this.

She's gone!

Young Lib 'power broker' Alex Hyde on the edge of being booted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those interested

Mayor
Michael Coxon (re-elected unopposed)

Keswick Ward
John Woodward (re-elected)
Elisabeth Papanikolaou (re-elected)

Hilton Ward
Sam Whiting (new)
Cindy O'Rielley (re-elected)

Plympton Ward
Surrender Pal (re-elected)
Lana Gelonese (new)

Lockleys Ward
Kym McKay (re-elected)
Daniel Huggett (re-elected)

Morphett Ward
Anne McKay (re-elected unopposed)
George Demetriou (re-elected unopposed)

Airport Ward
Jasmine Wood (re-elected)
Sara Comrie (new)

Thebarton Ward
Zoi Papafilopoulos (new)
Peta-Anne Louth (new)

In regards the Thebarton Ward, Graham Nitschke ended up being re-elected after a recount ahead of Peta-Anne Louth, which means he and Zoi Papafilopoulos now represent the Thebarton Ward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Women’s games are confirmed, not men’s
Matter of time before that happens unless the SANFL men's team become an AFL 2nd which is less likely to happen in the current evolvement the AFL will need to ensure the Tassie team survives along with the AFLW before they look at that direction.

Also the one of the reasons the Crows SANFL are travelled was that they did not have a home ground, and when Football Park became available it was too late as the grandstand was being demolished.
I believe we will see the Talk ramp up for the Crows to play at there Home ground.

View attachment 1573260
This is great news. Basically means the Crows can build their dream design without the South Road works being an issue. Bring it on!
Spending all this money and there’s still a big bloody intersection ****ing hell. (Yes I under stand the tunnel goes underneath)

It might be good for the Crows, but it's not so hot for the rest of us - that elevated section next to the brickworks was to allow a realignment of the motorway to flatten out the too tight turn into the existing section, moving the motorway east to squeeze that section in is going to make the turn worse, unless they plan to bulldoze part of the cemetery.

Quite a few poor engineering and traffic management decisions have been made in these new changes to avoid very small groups of people complaining about ramps ruining their view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back