Opinion New AFC HQ: We're on like Donkey Kong!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting mock up in the article.

The image has the Crows current facility with SANFL branding all over it.

Surely we're not giving the SANFL our current facility along with 9 million dollars are we 😯
Not until we are ready to move into our new home.

Interesting mock up in the article.

The image has the Crows current facility with SANFL branding all over it.

Surely we're not giving the SANFL our current facility along with 9 million dollars are we 😯

this is from the council agenda from the other night, it appears they are building something on the other side and the AFC headquarters is becoming residential land

Screenshot_13-6-2024_122845_www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au.jpeg
Screenshot_13-6-2024_123222_www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au.jpeg

Chief executive salaries rose by an average of 14% in the past financial year, according to the latest annual report from the Governance Institute of Australia. While general staff working at listed companies received average fixed pay increases of about 5% over the past 12 months.

Yeah it's definitely those unions doing the damage......

Yes, executives are worth every cent. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Absolute twaddle.

Most executives of companies are overpaid. Most senior management is overpaid.

As a mate found out yesterday, it isn’t what you know or whether you are qualified, it is who you know.

Has there been a potential timeline to completion and moving in once approval is final? 1 year? 2 years? Etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but I was always under the assumption that we'd receive some sort of financial return on it whether it's through a long term lease etc
I asked that question and was told that SANFL are building on the western side. We own the other building so we will sell it probably to developers.

I asked that question and was told that SANFL are building on the western side. We own the other building so we will sell it probably to developers.
Wonder what’s the rates are per year to leave it.
Can we threaten to leave it there until our lease is up or they compensate and it can go now?

Haven't come up with wage growth stats yet? Don't be a Waynus 😜
You're the one who brought up wage growth, onus is on you to post them if you are that interested.

If I had brought them up, mocked you for not sharing them and wouldn't post them myself you might actually have a reason to call me Waynus........hang on, you're the one pulling a Waynus ;)

If you think football has a lot of brown paper bag deals ask John why he had a Visy contract to get rid of all of his
John's wife also tried to murder him apparently.
Did I read that one of the Councillors that voted no, did so becuase nearby residents were concerned about the noise of whistles and the siren?

You cant make this stuff up.
Yes, and one voted no because soccer is better than Aussie rules.

You're the one who brought up wage growth, onus is on you to post them if you are that interested.

If I had brought them up, mocked you for not sharing them and wouldn't post them myself you might actually have a reason to call me Waynus........hang on, you're the one pulling a Waynus ;)
Nah

Councils have to be the most useless organisations in the country, besides the Crows

Currently dealing directly with a council - here’s my theory based on what I see day-to-day …

It’s a mix of people fighting against the machine (short term-ers generally) AND rusted on people that wouldn’t last in the market running budgets that they do nothing to earn. The revenue for councils comes with no discipline - need a better bottom line? Don’t need to improve how you do things, no risks, no self reflection … just cut services and put the rates and charges up.

So the income has no real cost - so spending has no real meaning.

Anyone who has been in this weird bubble for 5 years or more have very little feel for the real business world in terms of what it means to be a high performing culture.

And let me tell you - there are people that have done the same job in this Council for 20 - 30 - in one case 40 years!

So yeah George, not a great exemplar of the best and brightest (present company excluded of course!!)

Back