New AFL Video Game - Part 5 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do little spins when in possesion of the ball cyril rioli style?
Can you sell the dummy (fake handball)?
Can you dribble the ball along the floor by pressing a button with the kick button?

just a few questions :)

I'm new to this and have read all the FAQ, I couldn't be more excited for this, But from Memory I remember they Released 2006/2007 cant remember which one, during the finals and I was stoked to see that out and bought it straight away, be it this final series or next year, Personally I would Love for it to be released during the final's Cause if ya worried about not get updated lists or The Sun's even tho there in the game wouldn't the DLC cover that? cause I know in Past Games say like Smackdown vs Raw 2009 you can update the lists with new Superstar's and Attire, yes I know A team is more hard to render then a Superstar but at least you have the 16 teams for say the rest of year to play with plus with the custom team and then like at end of year or start of next year have a DLC for The Suns and updated lists for the teams maybe could be a good idea?

It's not just having the squads up to date that I see as an issue. I think there'd be more of a market for the game, and it would have more interest and replayability, at the start of footy season. Release it mid-to-late-September, and you've got people hyped for a few weeks, and then they're moving on from footy and gaming to other summer activities and interests. You get people in March or April, and you're maintaining interest for the whole winter and footy season.

That's just my opinion though. Others may see it differently.

Yeah but I guess theres 2 cases for everything, like I wouldnt really want to play footy on ps3 while its on tv BUT if we lose in real life I can go to my ps3 and destroy that team :D

And I guess in summer people arnt really going to want to play ps3 when they can go to the beach or do something in the summer, but I'd also like to play it in the summer cause its the only footy I would get.

I'm not going to lie, that lack of news on possible release date is starting to get very frustrating.. With games like fifa 11, nba elite/nba2k11, cod black ops all starting to get amped up as something special you can't help but want news on afl 11..

Geez...speculation is high!

Firstly, they said that will need to get through the release of Rugby League Live 2010 on Sept 3 and let the dust settle, then they will look at the AFL release date...give them a break...!

Secondly, why not release it in the lead up to the GF when everyone is craving the game. If not, then the lead up to Christmas (post national draft etc) so that the squads are correct and include GWS. Or if not then, in the lead up to the Nab Cup.....we could go on forever! :confused: :confused: :confused:

So when are they releasing the AFL game again...? Did I miss something??

Releasing it in Grand Final week wold be the worst possible move. People will play it for one week before the grand final and then they will get bored of AFL and go and play FIFA

Releasing it in Grand Final week wold be the worst possible move. People will play it for one week before the grand final and then they will get bored of AFL and go and play FIFA

I wouldn't say that. After the AFL season is over is when we need an AFL video game the most. God, save us from the cricket season and Ian Chappell's stories!

Ok Ross,
On the announcement that the most spectacular player in the AFL, Andrew McLeod has retired, you have to tell me that we have the option of playing with previous players from the 2010 season to be in the game should it come out in 2011?

Otherwise, I won't know what to do with myself.

I mean, all those names that have pulled up stumps... McLeod, Edwards, Goodwin, Tredrea, Cousins, Kirk, Harvey...etc.
Oh the horror!

Especially when Brad Symes still gets a gig is beyond me!! :eek:

Definately not coming out this year, think of all the player models that will be wasted. All the delistings and retirements not to mention updating all the players faces/tattoos for next season (If they do it).

What a waste of time and money for them.

whether people play it or not means nothing.

They want people to BUY it. that's all that matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really tough to get the level of difficulty right. My personal take is that in development we make it near impossible to win and then wind it back to "normal" and "easy"... my experience is it's easier to make things easier than harder, and generally when you try to increase difficulty you end up with the AI cheating... eg. many car games that have the cars catch up or pass you when you crash.

Ross - any chance the model could use a slider system rather than Hard, Normal or Easy setting. Obviously the more setting you can use sliders for the better - i.e. Computer Kicking accuracy, Computer Player Speed, Umpires Free Kick tendancy, Computer chance of breaking tackle...etc..

I love the slider system for allowing everyone to customise the setting to their own liking.

Yea i would prefer that but im sure that it would be harder to implement than 3 or a few more preset difficulties

Yea i would prefer that but im sure that it would be harder to implement than 3 or a few more preset difficulties

Wouldn't it be just as easy? They're going to have to set ratings for each difficulty anyway aren't they? I mean the calculations for a CPU kick will probably mean that a good kick has a higher chance of occurring at a higher difficulty. With the same variables it would have a lower percentage chance of a good kick at a low difficulty.

Ross - any chance the model could use a slider system rather than Hard, Normal or Easy setting. Obviously the more setting you can use sliders for the better - i.e. Computer Kicking accuracy, Computer Player Speed, Umpires Free Kick tendancy, Computer chance of breaking tackle...etc..

I love the slider system for allowing everyone to customise the setting to their own liking.

I likey. :thumbsu: Something for the future at least.

They're in NBA 2K games pretty sure.

If the game came out AFTER grand final day I'd still play it endlessly. What's with this play it for 1 week cos it's not footy season crap. 2 minute attention spans. I'll play it whenever & try to get the platinum trophy.

If the game came out AFTER grand final day I'd still play it endlessly. What's with this play it for 1 week cos it's not footy season crap. 2 minute attention spans. I'll play it whenever & try to get the platinum trophy.

This.

It' AFL - I'd play the hell out of it no matter what time of year it's released. Having said that, it makes sense for them to wait until lists are finalised ... which isn't until December if you take into account the PSD.

That in mind, a January-February 2011 release would seem sensible - but painfully long :p

Indeed. If anything, sales would still be high during the off season from all the footy withdrawal. I myself would probably be playing it more during the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back