Discussion New Baghdad Bombers Captain

Who should be the Baghdad Bombers captain for Season 39?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto, so essentially the whole thing is a waste of everyone's time and will be decided in house anyway. Thanks for confirming Jab :thumbsu:
Still lacking in comprehension.

You were never voting for the captain, you were collectively voting for the deciding vote in the event of a tie during our internal vote for the captain position. It is clearly stated in the voting rules:

That's right, you the people, will have one collective vote for whomever you would like to see installed as the new Captain for next season. This vote will be used to break a tie in the event the club vote is split and unable to choose decisively between candidates.
As to your vote being invalid, here is the stated clause:
A few rules:

4. Any candidate who has played for another club within the last 3 seasons will have votes from that club declared invalid under the nepotism rule.

Still lacking in comprehension.

You were never voting for the captain, you were collectively voting for the deciding vote in the event of a tie during our internal vote for the captain position. It is clearly stated in the voting rules:

As to your vote being invalid, here is the stated clause:
I have never played for the OOBs mate

I have never played for the OOBs mate
Yep, you and brahj are the only eligible votes for DemurePrincess. Was talking about the collective "your" of voters you believe gives a majority.

Last time I was at school, 3 is half of the 6 eligible votes that Kilroy has.

Last edited:

Yep, you and brahj are the only eligible votes for DemurePrincess. Was talking about the collective "your" of voters you believe gives a majority.

Last time I was at school, 3 is half of the 6 eligible votes that Kilroy has.
Bullshit my vote doesn't count ! Sounds like a conspiracy to not make DemurePrincess captain

Bullshit my vote doesn't count ! Sounds like a conspiracy to not make DemurePrincess captain
Oh no, don't misunderstand the rules. Quite clearly DemurePrincess can become the captain the same way as anyone else in the running. She simply needs a majority of votes in the Baghdad Bombers election, and in the event of a tie, she needs to have won the popular vote from the majority of the greater SFA participants.

It is all spelled out clearly in the OP. Like most of the OOBs you either haven't read it or have failed to comprehend it. It is the most fair way of deciding the captain in the history of the Baghdad Bombers.

Once again we are at the forefront of innovation and have allowed the SFA to assist with determining the outcome of the election, as long as they follow the established rules for doing so.

Well Tenzie, in actual fact this is only a trial run to see how it goes, we were hoping until next season when you sign on the dotted line to join Baghdad, that you could be included in the Captaincy race. 😉

Don’t you worry it has been noted throughout the season that the fun doesn’t appear to be there at the OOB’s anymore, now they have new kids on the block the old kids are getting thrown out with the bathwater.

IMG_0250.gif

Last edited:
Rules Smools DemurePrincess - You have LOTS to give and you know it!
There is a reason WHY the OOB's are voting for you... WE OOB's KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR THE SFA!!

And anyone who has spent ANY time with you knows that you would make it fun and engaging - and isnt that what the SFA is all about or am I missing something?

4. Any candidate who has played for another club within the last 3 seasons will have votes from that club declared invalid under the nepotism rule.

Take a good hard look at those rules - and WHY are these in place??? OOB votes are made for the betterment of the SFA

and then Look back over the past couple of Seasons of Bomber threads and compare on ONLY a few weeks versus what have the other potential Captain peeps done for your club... OR even the wider SFA?

Prinnie for Captain of the Bomber Babes

There is a reason WHY the OOB's are voting for you... WE OOB's KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR THE SFA!!

And anyone who has spent ANY time with you knows that you would make it fun and engaging - and isnt that what the SFA is all about or am I missing something?

Take a good hard look at those rules - and WHY are these in place??? OOB votes are made for the betterment of the SFA

and then Look back over the past couple of Seasons of Bomber threads and compare on ONLY a few weeks versus what have the other potential Captain peeps done for your club... OR even the wider SFA?

Rules keep me out of trouble Mrs Turbo

And honestly, it’s Monday and I’m far from in a good mood but you insist on calling us Bomber Babes… I shall do nothing lol bc it’s Monday 😘😘

Debatable, but let's play along for the sake of your argument.

But you have taken (in your words) the best two players from the team that is last on the ladder after winning the wooden spoon last season. One was the Committee Rep and one was the captain.

Even by trading one good player in return, we are still ... by your own logic, much worse off.

How is the league better off from one of the best performed sides taking established players from one of the worst performed sides?

She couldn't save your club, you needed to take 2 leaders from another club to save your own club. Hardly the work of league saviours.

Ah Jabba, even this little dance has grown tiresome. Arguing with lesser clubs was so last week (especially given we had a warriors match thread).

But as long as you feel good about your arguments, we all win! #CapnJabba

Righto, so essentially the whole thing is a waste of everyone's time and will be decided in house anyway. Thanks for confirming Jab :thumbsu:

These fluff media pieces are simply what happens when you don’t give a Bomber attention for approx 3 minutes.

Ah Jabba, even this little dance has grown tiresome. Arguing with lesser clubs was so last week (especially given we had a warriors match thread).

Oh we feel good mate! Something you just won’t understand not being a Bomber and all!!

How was that win yesterday btw??

Oh that’s right! You didnt win!

I’m thinking ya lucky charm had gone bye byes!!! Yikes!

IMG_6291.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either does the Wizard.
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

I have an incredible amount of respect for Jabba73 and would never break the rules, but want it to be known my first choice would be DemurePrincess

I think as long as the Bombers ignore Kilroy the future is good.

Thank you for engaging the wider community in the process. It is nice to have a voice.

The Baghdad Bombers saw her potential early on and immediately welcomed DemurePrincess into our leadership group, we have a good one here!
There is a reason WHY the OOB's are voting for you...
Nepotism, hence the rule on voting for recently departed players.
WE OOB's KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR THE SFA!!
You have a funny way of showing it sometimes, your heart is usually in the right place though.
Bingo
Take a good hard look at those rules - and WHY are these in place???
Because we knew the OOBs would vote as a bloc and discourage engagement from the rest of the SFA in the process. You are too well organised to pass up the opportunity to get your own way. This made it fairer for everyone.
OOB votes are made for the betterment of the SFA
Well ... most of them are invalid so ... maybe not.
We have been going great guns since I took over as Captain and we have been the most talked about club in the Committee, Admin elections and Award season over the last couple of years. While not all of it was positive, any publicity is good publicity and we have been a large part of everything going on in the place.

It might just be a coincidence that our recent resurgence in your eyes coincided with the introduction of DemurePrincess to Abdu.
It is an election, not a coronation.

You will have to wait for the outcome like everyone else.

Giving up already?

You didn't even attempt to address any of the issues. Such a shame, it would have been good to see the knots you tied yourself into trying to explain.

The Baghdad Bombers saw her potential early on and immediately welcomed DemurePrincess into our leadership group, we have a good one here!

Nepotism, hence the rule on voting for recently departed players.

You have a funny way of showing it sometimes, your heart is usually in the right place though.

Bingo

Because we knew the OOBs would vote as a bloc and discourage engagement from the rest of the SFA in the process. You are too well organised to pass up the opportunity to get your own way. This made it fairer for everyone.

Well ... most of them are invalid so ... maybe not.

We have been going great guns since I took over as Captain and we have been the most talked about club in the Committee, Admin elections and Award season over the last couple of years. While not all of it was positive, any publicity is good publicity and we have been a large part of everything going on in the place.

It might just be a coincidence that our recent resurgence in your eyes coincided with the introduction of DemurePrincess to Abdu.

It is an election, not a coronation.

You will have to wait for the outcome like everyone else.

Why do you refuse to accept that you’d make a good captain and my vote for you (plus others) is a valid one?

I have an incredible amount of respect for Jabba73 and would never break the rules, but want it to be known my first choice would be DemurePrincess
No doubt she will be first choice for plenty of punters, she is a ripper.
Thank you for engaging the wider community in the process. It is nice to have a voice.
You're welcome, thanks for taking part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion New Baghdad Bombers Captain

Back