News New CEO: Tim Silvers

How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Never implied he had access to the coach

Given his position he would have some idea of how the club ethos is spread

I think we hoped that would be the case, but unlikely it is. Even then, I doubt our decision makers believe that we need to change any of our core philosophies. It’d be more about ensuring everyone we recruit is on the same page.

I think we hoped that would be the case, but unlikely it is. Even then, I doubt our decision makers believe that we need to change any of our core philosophies. It’d be more about ensuring everyone we recruit is on the same page.
Employing a CEO who came from Hawthorn that was employed by that club for a long period of time through their successful era's sounds and seems good on paper

The other thing to consider is the amount of time and effort gone into Hawthorn's move and new build at Dingley. I'm sure his experience dealing those challenges would've helped the decision to employ him here

I'd be horrified if he had any influence on the football department beyond spend

And the clubs ongoing refusal to drop, move on (f*ck off) Neil Craig philosophies needs to end asap

To be fair, a CEO is really all about off field. They should be excellent buisness people as a first need. He is in charge of building the brand, the income, the direction and the politics around the AFL and Government.
Under them you have the football iq who build the culture, build the team, choose the players, the coaches etc.

To be fair, a CEO is really all about off field. They should be excellent buisness people as a first need. He is in charge of building the brand, the income, the direction and the politics around the AFL and Government.
Under them you have the football iq who build the culture, build the team, choose the players, the coaches etc.
Absolutely correct, but he's also ultimately responsible for maintaining/improving the standards at the club, including football. That doesn't necessarily require hands-on football expertise, but will necessarily include the ability to hire/fire the football underlings based on his judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New CEO: Tim Silvers

Back