Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

essclash2.jpg

this looked better in my head

The other options would be to offer StKilda, Melbourne and Richmond money so that they 'choose' to wear their own clash jumpers in games between the two.

EG If the Melbourne v Essendon game is Clash for Cancer, and Essendon pony up $100k for Breast Cancer, would Melbourne knock it back? All you have to do is wear your Clash jumper boys.
StKilda, Trevor Barker Foundation, same applies.
Richmond, well, they could think of something, probably the 'contribute to Terry Wallace's payout' fund.

I like the design, but I'm guessing that would still fall afoul of the AFL's rules for having too much black.

(and the vertical striping wouldn't help against St Kilda)

To be fair, I've seen clash jumper designs with just as much or way more black than that. As far as I can tell, the request was to tone down the red and incorporate a lighter colour as the most predominant. In this case, the silver/grey is clearly the most predominant.

IMO, I really don't see a predominantly silver jumper working unless it has some black or red in it. Having silver in there with black/red distinguishes it from being a St Kilda clone (white instead of silver, would cause a clone to happen)...

As for it clashing with St Kilda, I see no reason why it would?

20u614g.png
StKilda-2002.gif

(Saints wear black shorts)

Essendon are a club reaping in tradition. I very much doubt that they would want to use anything that doesn't incorporate the red sash. I personally think that they would go with a silver jumper with red sash with a black border around the sash. It would act as a suitable clash without slapping Essendon tradition in the face.

As for it clashing with St Kilda, I see no reason why it would?

White numbers on black, vertical black and red panels. I think it would be one of those "lesser" clashes that gets created by the speed of the game - certainly wouldn't offer the clear distinction that I think the AFL wants from a clash jumper.

Does any one actually know when the jumpers going to be unvailed? alot of rumours and talk but nothing official from what i've read

Because they're not for sale, the usual channels are blocked. (goodsport, Rebel etc)
So they probably won't come out until the week before they actually get used.

ah. Well, at least that leaqves more time for speculation. Just found it funny that Melb and the Pies have announced their new ones for next year, but the bombers seem to be really quiet on this. But i suppose with Herdy on oard their getting all the publicity they could ask for atm, and theres been no real contraversy over their guernsey (like collingwood) to inspire massive public interest

So either v ST.Kilda in the Pre Season cup, (But my money is on St.Kilda wearing theirs) or round 3 against the Saints at Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back