Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

essclashbdosbased.png

Based on a jumper that, Brighton, a team in my local league, uses. Their's is black, white and yellow and they use the same logo, or something close to it.

essclashveebdos.png

A version where the bands are shaped around the jet.

Essendon is the 'red sash', you could put it on anything and it would remain uniquely Essendon. They get too caught up on the black. Put the red sash on an all white guernsey or an all silver guernsey or an all beige guernsey and leave it.

Where they get in trouble is when they start thinking about putting any type of plane on their chest. Keep the sash and there is no problem.

Sorry but the Essendon jumper is black with a red sash.
A red sash on something else is unrelated.

With that said I think I'm ready for the club to move away from that for a couple of games. A club should be more than a jumper.

Essendon is the 'red sash', you could put it on anything and it would remain uniquely Essendon. They get too caught up on the black. Put the red sash on an all white guernsey or an all silver guernsey or an all beige guernsey and leave it.

Where they get in trouble is when they start thinking about putting any type of plane on their chest. Keep the sash and there is no problem.
Is the red sash uniquely Essendon because no other team Aussie Rules or otherwise has ever or will in the future use a red sash?

Ill slap a plane on ther arse and see how that goes. But seriously the only option theyve got really is red or black or dual couloured sash on a grey jumper, and thats been done a million times on here already. So I was just putting it out there because Id seen the design in person and didnt mind it, as much as I hate the team.

The AFL have ruled out red with black sash because red's a "dark" colour now and anything white, red black sash looks too much like St Kilda for alot of the people on here.

Is the red sash uniquely Essendon because no other team Aussie Rules or otherwise has ever or will in the future use a red sash?

Not sure if this is rhetorical, but South Melbourne used a red sash early on.

Exactly! People get far too protective of their jumper, I assume because it's a tangible item that connects eras of a team together.
Well, it's also a branding opportunity.
Say for example an insurance company wants to align itself with unchanging, dependable and traditional, like Prudential Insurance does with the Rock of Gibraltar, then something that has not changed in over 100 years would be a good fit.
(Such as the Essendon jumper design of a Black jumper with Red sash)

15yhw9k.png

Here is an idea I had for an Essendon clash jumper. It has 16 black and red stripes in the sash which represent the 16 premierships that Essendon have won, and I think it kinda looks like a footy scarf aswell. Its fairly basic I know but I don't see the Bombers moving too far away from the sash.

Essendond biggest issue is Whote is needed for s decent clash but...

Red Black White = Collingwood
Black White = Collingwood
Red White = South/Sydney

We have seen how well silver works (Melbourne), so what do Essendon do?

How about the colours of the Royal Australian Air Force flag?

25z5f8x.png

That is an awesome idea! :thumbsu:

I know it's not an Essendon colour but neither is silver/white, and at least the RAAF blue has a connection with "Bombers". Could be tied in with some sponsorship from the Air Force aswell. And FWIW I don't think it looks too bad either. I'd keep it simple though and lose the logo, so its just a red sash on blue (and red and blue socks).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh at first I didnt think it wouldnt be a great idea, and someone will come and say it suck for no reason other then its not black and red, but I think it might be good idea now.

A RAAF emblem could be put on the jumper and after the couple of times they wear it a year it could be auctioned of and the profits could be put into something to with the RAAF.

Essendond biggest issue is Whote is needed for s decent clash but...

Red Black White = Collingwood
Black White = Collingwood
Red White = South/Sydney

We have seen how well silver works (Melbourne), so what do Essendon do?
(I assume you mean Red Black White = St. Kilda)

Silver is still the best option, the problem with Melbourne's 2009 clash strip was a crappy design, not a crappy colour.

Personally I think it ruins the whole motion of the the plane flying, but it would probably look better from the stands. Maybe I can fix it so that the black bits flow all the way to the back corner.

Edit: Like this
EssendonClashConcept3.png

My cousin is Ricky Dyson i can get him to show this to the club :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back