Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're overplaying it a bit, Omegaville - it's not like they're metallic.
Sure, there are defined areas of darkness/shadow, mainly due to the thinness of the fabric and tendecy to fold more than it's woolen cousin (father?). But their isn't much reflection you speak of.
216847.jpg

Certainly not the chief reason for clashes/clash jumpers (more like TV, 21st century progression, professionalism and $$$)

And I've played in both woolen and polyester - a well made jumper of the latter is much more comfortable, particularly in rain and muggy days. Why do you think 99% of professional sport has moved on from wool?

And I've played in both woolen and polyester - a well made jumper of the latter is much more comfortable, particularly in rain and muggy days. Why do you think 99% of professional sport has moved on from wool?

I've got cricket shirts from the past 18 years and the earliest ones are cotton-polyester (40/60), in the middle we had pure cotton and in the past 10-11 years it's pure polyester. Not sure why as polyester = sweat = STINK. The pure cotton one is a 1997-98 South Africa shirt. Wish I had a NZ one from that season as the colours were awesome.

Whatever happened to the "Coolmax" concept?

Sure, there are defined areas of darkness/shadow, mainly due to the thinness of the fabric and tendecy to fold more than it's woolen cousin (father?). But their isn't much reflection you speak of.

There is some, but you'll never see it in static images. Particularly in full sunlight, the darkness of say Carlton's navy can be reduced considerably as a player twists and turns - it's one of the reasons they clash with Freo's purple.

The problem with any predominently red "clash" jumper for us is that the complete morons who run the game allowed GC to choose a jumper that will create problems with our most obvious "clash" designs. No doubt they deliberately allowed such a choice to increase pressure on essendon. I cannot stand the increasingly corporate feel of the game.

You're kidding, right?

Of course he's not. Don't you realise that Essendon is the centre of the universe? :D Teams only ever use red because it upsets Essendon, and what Essendon wants to wear away is more important than what other teams want to wear at home.

The problem with any predominently red "clash" jumper for us is that the complete morons who run the game allowed GC to choose a jumper that will create problems with our most obvious "clash" designs. No doubt they deliberately allowed such a choice to increase pressure on essendon. I cannot stand the increasingly corporate feel of the game.

Essendon v GC games should always be home v home anyway, like Sydney v Essendon, no need for clash strips.

Of course he's not. Don't you realise that Essendon is the centre of the universe? :D Teams only ever use red because it upsets Essendon, and what Essendon wants to wear away is more important than what other teams want to wear at home.

Haha!

Essendon should do a Cadbury and trademark the colour red! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here, cleaned it up for you. I don't claim the idea as my own, its yours Southside.
essendon2011halfsashcla.png

Aaahhhhhh okay I can sorta see that now, but is there really a point in tapering a sash that only goes 1/3 the way down?

Well, for starters, it's not technically a sash, only a suggestion of one, so isn't any tweak worthy of consideration? Looking at my design, perhaps the taper should have been more extreme to bring it more in line with the right wing of the bomber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop New Clash Jumper for Essendon in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back