New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't he have a lot of bad matches in the G1?
I do recall at least one of them being crap, I went back in my notes and it seems the crowd enjoyed his match with Gabe Kidd which ended in a countout.

Road to Destruction Day 1 note:
Jeff Cobb retained the New Japan TV Title vs Yota Tsuji via a time limit draw in the main event. Post-match Ren Narita attacked both Cobb and Tsuji, with an eye on the TV Title.

Road to Destruction Day 2 notes:
Douki says he wants to face Darby Allin Jan 5th at WrestleDynasty.

Henare retained the Never Openweight Title vs Hiromu Takahashi in the main event. Post-match Shingo Takagi said he wants the next title shot September 29th.

ZSJ said post show that TMDK would be announcing a new member at Destruction.

The best guess doing the rounds is...

Ryohei Oiwa, who has been on excursion in NOAH, and who has history as a young boy with Fujita and some history with ZSJ. I hope it gets him "noticed". You're not really a member of TMDK until you've performed in Australia.

Top 10 New Japan wrestlers in the PWI 500.

3 - Will Ospreay (Now in AEW)
5 - Naito
16 - Sanada
21 - Okada (Now in AEW)
33 - ZSJ
44 - Kojima (Partly MLW etc)
46 - Hiromu Takahashi
49 - David Finlay
60 - El Desperado
71 - Yota Tsuji

Road to Destruction Day 3 notes:
Francesco Akira beat Taka Michinoku.

Sanada challenged ZSJ at Royal Quest in England.

Douki retained the IWGP Jr Title vs Taiji Ishimori in a good main event. Post-match Yoshinobu Kanemaru jumped Douki.

Last edited:
Road to Destruction Day 4 notes:
Shota Umino won a gauntlet battle royal. Not sure what is was for, he received a gift after the match.

Tanahashi, Toru Yano and Boltin Oleg retained the Never 6 Man Tag Titles vs EVIL, Dick Togo and Yujiro Takahashi in the main event. Other members of the House of Torture tried to interfere during the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back