News New Jumpers for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Jumpers for 2011 (3)

Oh, come on. Both teams get to wear their home jumpers (traditional home jumpers) and there's definitely not going to be a clash. It's a win-win.

Oh, come on. Both teams get to wear their home jumpers (traditional home jumpers) and there's definitely not going to be a clash. It's a win-win.
To say there's definitely going to be no clash is a bit rich. I expect there to be. But there shouldn't have to be, Carlton should just wear their clash, simple.

Nothing against either team, but I'm hoping for a complete debacle. It appears that it will take the outcome of a game to be affected for the AFL to finally grow a pair and stop letting the traditional Victorian clubs dictate to them.

What do we think the AFL's reaction would be, if the game was to be played at the MCG and West Coast told them they planned to wear their navy jumper with white shorts? Is there a snowball's chance in hell the AFL would have accepted that?

This, to be honest.

West Coast would almost definitely be in their white guernsey if it was an away game, so I hope both clubs wear navy, and a Carlton player kicks straight to a WCE player to cost them the game in the dying seconds.

Then we'll never have to worry about this sort of crap again.

West Coast would almost definitely be in their white guernsey if it was an away game, so I hope both clubs wear navy, and a Carlton player kicks straight to a WCE player to cost them the game in the dying seconds.

In the last few years, the AFL has never permitted navy-v-navy in this game. Carlton wore their white clash strip last time they were at Subi v us.

This, to be honest.

Then we'll never have to worry about this sort of crap again.

Agree 100%. Why do we even bother with having clash jumpers if clubs are going to whinge in finals (and the AFL are going to fold to them).

It's ****ing ridiculous.

West Coast in this with royal shorts:

West-Coast-Away-2008.gif

They've done it before so why not this week?

Carlton in this with white shorts:

Carlton-2010.gif

Two absolute quality jumpers and everyone (clubs, fans, AFL) is happy! Gosh there's some absolute monkeys at AFL HQ :rolleyes:

It's been a while since West Coast have worn the royal wings with royal shorts though, hasn't it? That sort of kit combination doesn't seem to be in WCE's plans anymore which is odd.

It's been a while since West Coast have worn the royal wings with royal shorts though, hasn't it? That sort of kit combination doesn't seem to be in WCE's plans anymore which is odd.

That's because we rarely wear it at home. Away = white shorts. We do wear royal shorts when playing Sydney. We played Sydney at home this year, but last year;

204309.jpg

http://cdn2.slatterymedia.com/thumbs/main/204309.jpg

Yeah I'm aware it rarely happens anymore but is the most logical option this week really. WC don't really suffer at all from it, in fact many fans (from what I hear) prefer this over the current home anyway. We wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place if WC just changed their home jumper back to the wings in the anyway :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm aware it rarely happens anymore but is the most logical option this week really. WC don't really suffer at all from it, in fact many fans (from what I hear) prefer this over the current home anyway. We wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place if WC just changed their home jumper back to the wings in the anyway :rolleyes:

I think it's more the principle. I'm fairly sure that most West Coast fans would be happy with Carlton home/WC wings jumpers if Carlton requested that from WC and WC agreed.

The problem is that West Coast should be able to wear whatever jumper they want and Carlton have to avoid a clash, not just whinge to the AFL and make a mockery of the so called 'clash' rules.

The AFL is so ****ing corrupt.

Yeah true. In regard to jumpers, the AFL really has no idea imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know many people will disagree with me here but what if the AFL had a rule like in the NBA where ALL away jumpers were white and home jumper a predominantly dark colour ??

I know many people will disagree with me here but what if the AFL had a rule like in the NBA where ALL away jumpers were white and home jumper a predominantly dark colour ??

we basically do have that rule at the moment, just with the option that a home team can have a light kit (Kangaroos, Cats)...
Firstly, it needs to be enforced
Secondly, royal blue v navy blue, even if royal is "light" and navy is "dark", are IMO too close on the colour scale to allow. Similarly the Lions and Suns (maroon and red) are. And yes I know that the Lions wore maroon against Sydney in red not long ago.

West Coast has earned the right to be the home team - they should get the pick of guernseys and Carlton ensure no clash arises. I thus don't see the problem with Eagles in their Navy kit v Carlton in their sky blue kit, or Eagles in their Royal kit either.

I don't think there is a clash at all (If West Coast wear their Royal Blue jumper)
I thought when West Coast played Carlton at Etihad earlier in the year that the teams were quite easily distinguished.

393311-110627-nic-naitanui-mark.jpg

Also seen in this picture where West Coast are the home team wearing the royal blue.

132920-west-coast-v-carlton.jpg

I don't think there is a clash at all (If West Coast wear their Royal Blue jumper)
I thought when West Coast played Carlton at Etihad earlier in the year that the teams were quite easily distinguished.

393311-110627-nic-naitanui-mark.jpg

Also seen in this picture where West Coast are the home team wearing the royal blue.

132920-west-coast-v-carlton.jpg

it really is just the yellow that stops them clashing IMO. if you take that away it would be a huge clash

Don't know how people hate it. ;)

No comment :p

Seriously though, I do know where you eagles fans are coming from though. Port have certainly had some shockers over the years but the only guernsey I can honestly say I hate of ours has been this one

Port-Clash-2009.gif

:thumbsdown:

The wetsuit wasn't great either but I do have a self-confessed love for this bad boy:

Port-5.gif

I like to call it the 'Port fans Ochre' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back